USMB Coffee Shop IV

Saw this on Facebook, took me a few seconds to get :

10259331_757444840965196_8567198537545690884_n.jpg
Boy George and the Culture Club

Saw this on Facebook, took me a few seconds to get :

10259331_757444840965196_8567198537545690884_n.jpg

Sigh. I don't get it. :(

Did Ernie with his Boy George video?

Yes, Ernie got it. You don't remember the song Karma Chameleon? Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon......

Comma comma comma comma comma chameleon......

Okay that explains it. Not ever having been a Boy George fan and therefore completely unfamiliar with his music, my cultural education is woefully lacking there. I had never heard that. :)

(But I am willing to be educated. I'll listen to the whole video. :)

Actually it is quite a catchy tune. Enjoyed it. And the video. Cleverly done.

The last I saw or heard of Boy George was when he recently was drafted as a guest coach on "The Voice". But of course he was dressed as a guy without the makeup and all at that time, and was quite good as a voice coach.

The last I saw or heard of Boy George was when he recently was drafted as a guest coach on "The Voice". But of course he was dressed as a guy without the makeup and all at that time, and was quite good as a voice coach.

Karma Chameleon was a hit from the early 80s. It was the most popular song by Culture Club, the band Boy George was in.

This makes me wonder what other 80s songs you don't know that I would think everyone knows. :p

How about this?

Karma Chameleon was a hit from the early 80s. It was the most popular song by Culture Club, the band Boy George was in.

This makes me wonder what other 80s songs you don't know that I would think everyone knows. :p

How about this?

Probably a lot if it isn't an artist I made a point to follow. In the 1980's I was on the road a lot when I was working and that was also our mid-life crisis period when we transitioned to a totally different lifestyle. Keeping up with the current trends in music was not a high priority.

How about this?

He had a great looking mullet :)

I Loved this one

Not bad. Catchy and not hard to listen to. But I don't recall ever hearing it.

Like I said, I was working in the 1980's and lot of my work required traveling and I did listen to a lot of music then. The stations were mostly carrying Michael Jackson, Queen, Captain and Tennelle, McCartney, Olivia Newton John, Streisand, Lennon, and of course Elton John and Billy Joel, Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder, all with great instrumentation and strong memorable melodies. And Country music had come into its own and was also offering some truly great songs in the 80's, much much better than the stuff they are cranking out these days.

Heavy metal was just beginning to develop and hadn't really made it onto the mainstream music stations.

By the mid to late 80's most of the AM stations were phasing out their news/music programming and were replacing it with news/talk formats so that is what we listened to on the road.

This is one of my favorites from the 80's:

And this one:

They just get in your head and stir feelings that I don't understand but I expect from good music.

Last edited:
Been having some pretty cool windy days and nights, last night the wind was pushing the lawn furniture around on the patio....... Last week when it was in the upper 80s decided to try out the pool....... stepped down on the first step, water up to my calves, oh that's cold! Okay, adjusting quickly, go to the next step down, water just above the knees, oh yeah, that's cold...... not adjusting yet, still cold...... still cold.... the heck with this....... :lol:

Well, I have a complaint to make about the landscapers. They were here on Friday, blowing leaves. They did a terrible job. They got dirt and old wood chips all over my stuff, AND one of my gardening gloves is missing. I have the feeling that they blew it out into the woods along with the leaves . . .

Today, they were out there laying some new mulch. They left early at like 2 PM and left piles of mulch all over the place! The last landscapers we had did similar work. I was kind of happy about these new guys, but they seem much the same as the old ones. I feel like getting out there and spreading that mulch! It's driving me crazy, and I know they aren't coming back until Monday.

Sorry, it's just annoying, you know? People don't seem to take any pride in their work, they just want to get it over with ASAP is what it seems like. Now, I'll have to go search for my glove too! Dammit!

Hi coffee shop people! I was on a little vacation, the first week not by choice. I was actually posting on another board for a while, but I missed all the good people and activity here at USMB! :biggrin: Hope you all had a good Easter holiday! :beer:
Welcome back! We all need that little vacation away from the board from time to time. :thup:

Hi coffee shop people! I was on a little vacation, the first week not by choice. I was actually posting on another board for a while, but I missed all the good people and activity here at USMB! :biggrin: Hope you all had a good Easter holiday! :beer:
Welcome back! We all need that little vacation away from the board from time to time. :thup:

Thanks Ringel! Nice to see you! :bye1:

Forum List

Back