USMB Coffee Shop IV

We were going to move out-of-town this year, but the new job is a bit too much of a change for us to tackle both right now.

Enjoying some quiet time while WQ is out with my son teaching him how to drive...God bless that patient man.:D

I would bless him too if he would return with all that patience to the Coffee Shop. Been missing him. :)

We're both pretty busy these days. Have a Happy Mother's Day, Foxy.

Thanks sweetie. And to you too. Busy can be a good thing.

Love ya Mama Fox. Hope your kids and Hombre treated you special today. Ditto to all the other Mom's out there.

Me and my sister did a big cook out for my Mom this afternoon. I think she liked it.

God Bless all the Mom's out there. Gotta be the toughest job there is.

2,200 miles in four days. 32 hours on the road. Oofah.
But, the kid is home from college! :thup:

Wow. We had to haul ours back and forth 160 miles round trip, but once they were more than a thousand miles away, airplanes looked pretty good. :)
We moved her out of the dorm. Hadn't seen her since January. In September, we'll rent a U-Haul since she's leased an apartment for the next year. That's going to be an insane trip.

Enjoying some quiet time while WQ is out with my son teaching him how to drive...God bless that patient man.:D

I would bless him too if he would return with all that patience to the Coffee Shop. Been missing him. :)

We're both pretty busy these days. Have a Happy Mother's Day, Foxy.

Thanks sweetie. And to you too. Busy can be a good thing.

Love ya Mama Fox. Hope your kids and Hombre treated you special today. Ditto to all the other Mom's out there.

Me and my sister did a big cook out for my Mom this afternoon. I think she liked it.

God Bless all the Mom's out there. Gotta be the toughest job there is.

Thanks WQ and welcome back. We had a really good day here. Hope everybody did.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

7644574214_636a87bb26_z.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Hi coffee shop people! I was on a little vacation, the first week not by choice. I was actually posting on another board for a while, but I missed all the good people and activity here at USMB! :biggrin: Hope you all had a good Easter holiday! :beer:

Woo hoo. Happy you checked back in at least to say hello, Chris. Been missing you. I was just about to add you to our MIA list. But good to see you. How is the job hunt going or is it still going? Has all the snow melted? I think I saw this morning that Worcester just earned the crown of America's snowiest city?

I had an online interview last week actually. I haven't heard back yet though. It's not for a sales position either. Oh well.

I don't know about Worcester. They are at a higher elevation than the rest of us, so they do tend to get more snow and colder weather.

We did get a few flurries at the beginning of April, but nothing since, and it's been beautiful here with temps in the 70s and 80s. I'm loving it! :)

Good morning everybody. Another beautiful day here with the rain scheduled to return tomorrow. I am just sending up a little prayer hour by hour that it hold off until after our Senior Saints outing, that the sun warms things up by 11 o'clock,, and the wind stays calm. That's not asking too much is it?

Hombre is off to bring home Egg McMuffins or something for breakfast. He didn't want to mess up our clean kitchen in advance of the house cleaners arriving later this morning. I sometimes think we work harder to clean up to get ready for them than they work when they are here. And we don't get paid to do it.

They don't clean our office but I need to vacuum under desk--amazing how much crap can collect in just a few short weeks.

Wishing Chris good luck on her on going job search. We're needing Noomi to check back in too, and Spoonman and several other of our children haven't been here in ages either. I don't worry about those busy posting on other threads but they are missed too.

So anybody have anything really fun planned this week?

Last edited:
Busy week ahead here. You will know it slowed down a bit if I mention getting the back porch roof installed. Interesting that Manic Monday is playing on the radio this moment.

Hi Chris good to hear from you.

Denver got snow yesterday, my Mom and cousins live there.

I don't envy them. :cheeky-smiley-018: I've seen enough snow to last me until next winter. Lol! We've had big storms up here in April before though. Once on April Fools Day we had a big snowstorm, and my door blew open (I had spent the night at my mom's house), and when I got home, my neighbor's were shoveling out my living room. There were a couple of inches that had accumulated in my house. :lol:

Okay folks, we have house guests coming in June and I will be dealing with some serious food allergies that I need to accommodate for my guests so they will have the best time.

I need a couple of really good breakfast casserole recipes I can make ahead and freeze - and I can't use pork or dairy in them. Any ideas?

Okay folks, we have house guests coming in June and I will be dealing with some serious food allergies that I need to accommodate for my guests so they will have the best time.

I need a couple of really good breakfast casserole recipes I can make ahead and freeze - and I can't use pork or dairy in them. Any ideas?
If they like spicy, scrambled egg and beef chorizo with onions (and peppers if you like). Use water instead of milk in the egg scramble and cook over med-low heat, light and fluffy eggs.
Any beef sausage, sliced, cooked and or cold sliced beef served with German breads and mustard, jams and jellies with mixed fruit on the side (German breakfast)
Deviled eggs, (it's not just a party food).
Pancakes made with almond milk (add nuts and berries if ya want).

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

cfiles23511.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back