USMB Coffee Shop IV

People have dead lawns so now they want fake turf. But...get this...there are RESTRICTIONS on fake turf. :cuckoo:

Meanwhile...the golf course is very green for the richies that pay to putt a little bitty ball around trying to get it in a hole wayyyyyy over yonder.:wtf:

Yup. Ernie and Gracie get a wee bit of time out for pushing the limits just a wee bit, at least enough to merit a finger wag. :) But all is well as the wee hours of the morning are here and I really have to make myself go to bed.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

tompson.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Sorry. Just a mini rant about how brown my beautiful area is. All that rain in Texas and in the middle of the usa and here we sit..missing what too many are getting. And lawn turf. Fake stuff. I thought about it but DAYUM! That stuff is expensive! Then I thought maybe small yard rocks for landscaping. Then I decided nah....the doves love their dirt bath and the yellow oriole joins them from time to time. So I just rake it in a zen pattern and it looks nice. And thankfully, the ice plants store their own water and the bees are happy with the blooms.

Howzat for making up for the tiny slide I did? Can you visualize the yellow oriole? He (she?) is so pretty. I didn't know what it was so I had to google. Wanna see?

oriole_hooded_male_summer_california_1a.jpg

I have my first appointment with my counselor next week and I am pretty darned nervous. I guess I will give it a go and see if it helps, seeing I have been on a waiting list for two months.

I would love the people responsible to be brought to justice but that probably won't happen, so talking about it might have to be what I can settle for.

Some places are locked in a bad drought, other places are rain drenched beyond the norm, and up here in Wisconsin it's still practically winter. It's going to be June 1st tomorrow, and this morning I have 35 degrees on my thermometer, 3 degrees away from FREEZING, and believe it or not, I have my HEAT on in the house. I also just saw a national weather map with predictions in temps for the next three months, and they had what appeared to be as the middle third of the country, north to south, marked as being below normal for temps, and the east and west coasts as higher than normal. We can't win in WI. This is going on the third year of being just... COLD... and it's getting OLD.

Sorry. Just a mini rant about how brown my beautiful area is. All that rain in Texas and in the middle of the usa and here we sit..missing what too many are getting. And lawn turf. Fake stuff. I thought about it but DAYUM! That stuff is expensive! Then I thought maybe small yard rocks for landscaping. Then I decided nah....the doves love their dirt bath and the yellow oriole joins them from time to time. So I just rake it in a zen pattern and it looks nice. And thankfully, the ice plants store their own water and the bees are happy with the blooms.

Howzat for making up for the tiny slide I did? Can you visualize the yellow oriole? He (she?) is so pretty. I didn't know what it was so I had to google. Wanna see?

oriole_hooded_male_summer_california_1a.jpg

If I had that bird I would give it a good cuddle. Especially since it has a straight beak , and could not bite me like my birdy did for the first couple of years. My birdy had a curved parrot beak for breaking open nuts and she used to bite my fingers to the bone. It was like having your finger pinched with pointed pliers. But eventually she got used to the idea of being cuddled and she did not bite me any more.

I don't know whether I should be proud or a little horrified that I aced this test. :)

Can You Answer These 10 1950 s Questions Surveee
Congratulations! You nailed it. You have totally mastered the 50s. You aced this test. From politics to entertainment to the powerful social movements you’ve mastered all of it. It seems perhaps that you lived through it or may be watched and read about it, whichever it is you are a true 50s person and know your history well.

Ahmmm...I aced it too and wasn't even around for the fifties.

Good morning all. Hoping Nosmo King saw the vigil list photo last night. The photos he has posted of the Pimplebutt Estate show a street of such severe grade that he could be in one of the house up on the hill there. :)

Hombre has been under the weather with sinus infection and a deep cough though he seems to be somewhat on the mend now--apparently not a long lived bug. Volunteering at the urgent care center, he gets exposed to everything and, being a generous soul, he shares it. So as of this morning it is pretty obvious to me that I've got it. And I'm not happy about it so if I am a bit short with folks today, please forgive me.

I have my first appointment with my counselor next week and I am pretty darned nervous. I guess I will give it a go and see if it helps, seeing I have been on a waiting list for two months.

I would love the people responsible to be brought to justice but that probably won't happen, so talking about it might have to be what I can settle for.

Giving Noomi a Mama Fox (((hug))). Don't be nervous love. You'll find out that it will feel much more natural than you think and a good counselor will let you share at a level you are comfortable with. None of us can change what has been and we have only some control over what will be. But all of us humans have capacity to change much of what is when it is a good thing to do so. And this is likely a great chance for you to do that. Wishing you all the best.

Forum List

Back