USMB Coffee Shop IV

I don't know whether I should be proud or a little horrified that I aced this test. :)

Can You Answer These 10 1950 s Questions Surveee
Congratulations! You nailed it. You have totally mastered the 50s. You aced this test. From politics to entertainment to the powerful social movements you’ve mastered all of it. It seems perhaps that you lived through it or may be watched and read about it, whichever it is you are a true 50s person and know your history well.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

Key-WestMiamiCuba.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Ooo. I love the vigil pic. I want to be there! :)
I've been there many times. I rode down about once a month for the 5 years I was in South Florida.

Must sees are the Hemingway House

key-west-hemmingway-house.jpg

And the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum

AtochaTreasure.jpg

Actually you probably live a lot closer to that signpost than Sherry and WQ do. :)
Not now. Judging from the numbers, that sign is in the lower Keys, South of Marathon and north of Key West.

I really liked Riker. He was very good and I LOVED his Capt Jack Sparrow dance!

Meanwhile....cold here today. Here I sit, with my tank top and shorts, still waiting for some sun to peek out and...nothing. :(
I'd offer my back yard with the pool but the sun has almost gone behind the Franklin Mountains.
It'll look like this in about two hours.

ElPasoSunset.jpg

No answers on right or wrong but it said I nailed it. I don't think I did, but....Who knows?

There's only three cakes I like, pineapple upsidedown, carrot and Black Forest (and occasionally German chocolate but I have to be in the mood for that one). I'm a pie person, even as a kid my mom would bake a cake for my friends and I would get a pie.

I'm equal opportunity when it comes to my dessert, but here you go.

Happy+Birthday+Pie+007.JPG

Apple pie! My fav! :tongue:

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

4d8417632f9bdf489b8200b55cc9f865.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Here's the Transmountain Expressway, the video run is from the northwest of town to the northeast of town. The Franklin Mountains split El Paso in half.

Well, it's been another Red Letter week in my career. Actually, the last two weeks have been nothing short of spectacular. In the normal course of a month, I complete somewhere in the neighborhood of eighty five inspections. Now, these are all over the county. But in the last two weeks I've conducted 1,479 inspections. I did all the public housing units in my hometown and the next town down river, Wellsville Ohio.

You may recall that I've described our local topography as an unmade bed. This area of Ohio features rolling ravines into steep valleys. I live at the Terminal Moraine of the glaciers that scoured out the Great Lakes. The glaciers stopped their southward slide a couple hundred thousand years ago and began to melt. The resulting constant flow of melted ice tore through the topsoil, ground through layers of slate and sandstone and left us with a geography that is flat at alternating banks of the Ohio River and a series of ridges of roughly equal height separated by deep valleys.

It was on one such hillside that, back in the early 1970s, it was decided to build a public housing development. They called their wonderland LaBelle Terrace. I'm not an accomplished architect, but I know bad architecture when I see it. I remember when I closed the mortgage on the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate I was understandably nervous. With all the signatures and agreements involved in a mortgage, I rose from the desk in a nice office in the bank and forgot how I got into it. I turned left when I should have turned right. Right when the best course was a left. I turned to the closing officer and said "Who ever designed these offices must have gotten Ds in Architeure School!"

She shot me a look and said "My husband was the lead architect on our renovations."

Anyway, LaBelle Terrace has steep hillsides, literally hundred of steps, steep ramps and no parking. Wherever you can park means either a long descent or an arduous ascent to your apartment. Then the apartments themselves are two or three stories high. Some have sunken living rooms and four flights of stairs. This place has bad architecture in spades.

After a full day of huffing and puffing up and down the steps, hills and ramps built to allow residents to get to their apartments, my heart was beating like the tympani section in a Tchichovski symphony. I had scheduled all the units in the steepest section for yesterday. I looked up the hill and saw four more units. I started to climb yet another flight of steps and trudge up another steep ramp.

I was sucking air like a Dyson vacuum, the peripheral focus was getting fuzzy and little sparklers appeared before my eyes. I looked to read the house numbers on the final four and saw an extremely portly man sunning himself is a lounge chair. He was bald and had a look of total contentment on his moonlike face.

I thought to myself, 'After a long and difficult journey, after such a trying climb up the mountain and encountering a man of such generous carriage, I should receive enlightenment!'

But it turned out not to be an incarnation of the Buddah. It was just a fat guy in LaBelle Terrace.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back