Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Gracie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Becki, R.D., and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

Kartchner Caverns, SE Arizona
1396639990000-kartchner-caverns.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.​

Last edited:
Rise and shine everybody. The coffee is hot, the donuts are fresh, and I'm up so everybody else is supposed to be up too. It is definitely summer in Albuquerque, though accuweather suggests we might not quite make it into the 100's this week - Wunderground disagrees. We'll see how it goes.

I do hate that it will likely be one of the hottest weekends of the summer when our house guests arrive on Friday.

Found a very interesting study about the population explosion and water in the southwest. It's a long read and don't let the title fool anyone, "immigration" means any non-native person moving into any area.
Population Immigration and the Drying of the American Southwest Center for Immigration Studies

The controversies continue to rage in our own histories about why the Anazazi abandoned their civilizations and such vanished. But after the extreme drought we have suffered the last several years--it does seem there is a good chance it is finally breaking--the drought and lack of water theory sure seems the most plausible to me. Water is something we all have to have and there is only so much to go around.

Found a very interesting study about the population explosion and water in the southwest. It's a long read and don't let the title fool anyone, "immigration" means any non-native person moving into any area.
Population Immigration and the Drying of the American Southwest Center for Immigration Studies

The controversies continue to rage in our own histories about why the Anazazi abandoned their civilizations and such vanished. But after the extreme drought we have suffered the last several years--it does seem there is a good chance it is finally breaking--the drought and lack of water theory sure seems the most plausible to me. Water is something we all have to have and there is only so much to go around.
According to the article the last 100 years have been the wettest in the southwest since known recorded history, drought cycles are common here. The real question is it sustainable given the population explosion in the last 100 years. :dunno:

After some deep soul-searching, much conversation, and chin scratching, Mrs. BBD and I have finally made a major decision. We have decided to go to Montana for vacation this year. That will be the next road trip for the RV. Hope the bears don't get me!

After some deep soul-searching, much conversation, and chin scratching, Mrs. BBD and I have finally made a major decision. We have decided to go to Montana for vacation this year. That will be the next road trip for the RV. Hope the bears don't get me!

I doubt the Montana bears are any more ferocious than Illinois bears, BBD. But why Montana? Friends, relatives there?

I called up Montana tourist attractions and the very first one presented to me was the Montana State Prison. :) But immediately following were some really beautiful lakes, mountainous areas, and other places that would be neat to visit and see.

Good morning, CS!
I slept a bit late this morning, must have needed the rest. Checked the fire news, fortunately no significant spread of fire, little running and crowning. They have 10 Type I hotshot crews and 6 Type II teams on site and they are planning on containment actions today. It's still hotter than the hubs of Hades, but I suppose proximity to a fire rather negates that effect. There's another big, fast, destructive fire down in Sterling, on the Kenai Peninsula, too. Sad, but they currently believe that both of these fires are man-made. Stupid people doing stupid things...We were told this would be a bad fire season, so little snow and barely any precipitation this Spring/Summer so far.
I'll be lurking a bit around the CS again today since I'll be monitoring the Borough FB page for news of the fire, too.

I have been missing Peach lately. Anybody heard from her?
She posted in the Coffee Shop at 9:03 AM (MDT) yesterday.

Ah so she did. I even responded to the post. Oh well, I'll just chalk it up to another one of those senior moments and cross her off the list of people to worry about. Still some others MIA that I wish would chime in though.

Montana is gorgeous. Mr Gracie and I drove thru it years and years ago when we did a road trip from the valley here (bakersfield) up the coast, thru oregon and washington (loved Bremerton)), cut across to Calgary Canada, then came back down thru montana, utah, etc, over to the Rez to visit his family in Arizona, on to Laughlin Nevada, down thru LA then curved back up back to the valley.

When I went to Wyo to visit a friend, I fell in love with Jackson Hole Wyo. But my fav place in the world is Maui.

Now I have a paper-trained cat, apparently. Because my very aged dachshund remains confined inside the house sometimes long hours, I keep wee-wee pads and newspaper on the bathroom floor for her. She's good about using them, too. But recently, one of my cats has abandoned the cat boxes and now uses the papers in the bathroom. Guess it's too much work to get into the box for a fat, lazy cat...

Love Montana. If you're in the eastern end of the State you gotta go to Little Bighorn. Very cool. :thup:

Forum List

Back