USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hi coffee shop! :) I have some news on the job front. I have an interviewed scheduled on Monday for a position as a medical records supervisory position at my local hospital!!! I found the ad last night and sent in my resume, and they called me to schedule the interview today. I'm expecting it to be a bit less money and maybe even less hours, but I've really wanted to get my foot in the door at this hospital for a long time. I think that alone might be worth taking a little cut in pay. Also, the experience this will give me and also the opportunity to work outside of my home, which will be a nice change of pace and scenery.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Monday. :up:

Good luck! I am sure you'll do just fine in the interview. Sending good thoughts your way. Cheers!

Hi coffee shop! :) I have some news on the job front. I have an interviewed scheduled on Monday for a position as a medical records supervisory position at my local hospital!!! I found the ad last night and sent in my resume, and they called me to schedule the interview today. I'm expecting it to be a bit less money and maybe even less hours, but I've really wanted to get my foot in the door at this hospital for a long time. I think that alone might be worth taking a little cut in pay. Also, the experience this will give me and also the opportunity to work outside of my home, which will be a nice change of pace and scenery.

Good luck! I am sure you'll do just fine in the interview. Sending good thoughts your way. Cheers!

It would be great just to get my foot in the door over there! They do a lot of their hiring from within, so there are a lot of opportunities! :)

Congrats, Chris! Good luck! :)

Try not to get swept off to Oz by a twister in the meantime though. :D

Thanks Gath!

Lol! Thank goodness that was only for a couple of hours last night. There was a tornado in a town nearby I guess. The center of town suffered some damage, but nothing huge, just a local park and a gazebo was destroyed. We don't normally get tornadoes around here though. Hurricanes are what I'm used to dealing with. :)

It would be great just to get my foot in the door over there! They do a lot of their hiring from within, so there are a lot of opportunities! :)

I've always found that getting your foot in the door is the biggest challenge. Once you're in though, the possibilities are endless. It is also pretty encouraging they called back so soon!

I've always found that getting your foot in the door is the biggest challenge. Once you're in though, the possibilities are endless. It is also pretty encouraging they called back so soon!

I've been trying to get in there for a while, so I hope my interview goes well and that I can make it work (enough hours/enough money/benefits, etc.)

So, we get here, and no one knows she is scheduled for the cardiac cath. As far as they know, she has been referred for assessment.
So, they assess that she needs a cardiac cath at 8 AM tomorrow morning. I'm pretty much disgusted and although I didn't vent, I bet the temperature went up a few degrees from the steam exiting my collar.
So, we were about to be shuffled off for blood work and sent home when they find that the person on deck for a cath has a clotting problem and won't be done today.
Momma is in the cath lab now.

So sometimes things work out. Whether it is or not, I always like to think of things like that as answered prayer.
Cath is done and I can go see her in a few and take her home tomorrow.
2 stints and no bypass needed at this time.
That seems like pretty good news...relatively speaking, of course.

I've been trying to get in there for a while, so I hope my interview goes well and that I can make it work (enough hours/enough money/benefits, etc.)
Good luck with the interview, Chris.

Good luck with the interview, Chris.

Thanks! I will definitely check in on Monday afterward and let you all know how it went!
fingers%20crossed.gif

So, we get here, and no one knows she is scheduled for the cardiac cath. As far as they know, she has been referred for assessment.
So, they assess that she needs a cardiac cath at 8 AM tomorrow morning. I'm pretty much disgusted and although I didn't vent, I bet the temperature went up a few degrees from the steam exiting my collar.
So, we were about to be shuffled off for blood work and sent home when they find that the person on deck for a cath has a clotting problem and won't be done today.

So sometimes things work out. Whether it is or not, I always like to think of things like that as answered prayer.

And that too we can count as answered prayer or in response to all those positive vibes, Ernie. And now I suggest that after you see her and let her know how much you love her, that you get some rest that I know you need.
I'll rest when I'm dead. I've seen her and she is firmly ensconced in her room. I told them she will need a nicotine patch or they had better go out to the car and get their weapons...

I'm back at Docs. Max has the tables set up and all I have to do is set up chip stacks.
I'll have to be out of the house about 9:45 tomorrow morning to make my way back to pick her up.
No rest for the weary.

And that too we can count as answered prayer or in response to all those positive vibes, Ernie. And now I suggest that after you see her and let her know how much you love her, that you get some rest that I know you need.
I'll rest when I'm dead. I've seen her and she is firmly ensconced in her room. I told them she will need a nicotine patch or they had better go out to the car and get their weapons...

I'm back at Docs. Max has the tables set up and all I have to do is set up chip stacks.
I'll have to be out of the house about 9:45 tomorrow morning to make my way back to pick her up.
No rest for the weary.

Yeah, Ernie needs to make sure he gets rest for himself too. He will need that to take good care of Mrs. Ernie.

Thanks Gath!

Lol! Thank goodness that was only for a couple of hours last night. There was a tornado in a town nearby I guess. The center of town suffered some damage, but nothing huge, just a local park and a gazebo was destroyed. We don't normally get tornadoes around here though. Hurricanes are what I'm used to dealing with. :)

Yea. I was going to say, you don't really think of tornados when you think of New England! Lol!

I'm glad to hear that everything's okay though. :)

Thanks Gath!

Yea. I was going to say, you don't really think of tornados when you think of New England! Lol!

Thanks sweetie! :smiliehug:

Nope, I've never even seen one before. I have seen a funnel cloud once when I was small, but it never touched down or anything.

Thanks Gath!

Nope, I've never even seen one before. I have seen a funnel cloud once when I was small, but it never touched down or anything.

No problem! :)

I actually had one start to form right over me and the rest of my company during Basic Training. That was in Missouri, though, and thankfully it stopped before it formed an actual tornado! Lol

Last edited:

Thanks Gath!

I actually had one start to form right over me and the rest of my company during Basic Training. That was in Missouri, though, and thankfully it stopped before it formed an actual tornado! Lol

I would like to see one some day . . . from waaaaayyyyy over there! :lol:

Thanks Gath!

I would like to see one some day . . . from waaaaayyyyy over there! [emoji38]

Me too! [emoji38]

Thanks Gath!

Me too! [emoji38]

Did you ever see the movie, Twister?

Me too! [emoji38]

This answer your question? :D

Bq2ZgrL.gif

I used to love that movie as a kid! Lol

Me too! [emoji38]

"Twister" is definitely in our movie library. We practically have the dialogue memorized and watch it for group fun and giggles.
Good luck on the interview--I'll bump you onto the list until you get through that and hope for the best. And yes, if you can afford some reduction in your initial pay, the experience you will get will be invaluable and hopefully you'll have a great group to work with and it will be a great opportunity for you.

As for tornadoes, hopefully you will never need the information, but chances are any tornadoes in your area will be the smaller F1 or F2 that are unlikely to destroy a well built building but are still dangerous and can do some damage. Go to an interior room--put as many walls between you and the outside as you can. An interior bathroom is the safest but if you must be in a room with a window, the bathroom is usually the most secure because of all the pipes that anchor things. Inside the bathtub most secure area. Cover yourself with a mattress or layers of towels to protect against falling debris and/or broken glass and your chances of surviving even a direct hit are pretty good. An interior closet is good too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back