USMB Coffee Shop IV

No problem! :)

I actually had one start to form right over me and the rest of my company during Basic Training. That was in Missouri, though, and thankfully it stopped before it formed an actual tornado! Lol

I would like to see one some day . . . from waaaaayyyyy over there! [emoji38]

Me too! [emoji38]

Did you ever see the movie, Twister?

This answer your question? :D

Bq2ZgrL.gif

I used to love that movie as a kid! Lol

Flying cow, best scene ever!

It's not when pigs fly, it's when cows fly!!! :lol:

Seems like the advanced elderly become childlike at times. Perhaps the resistance to giving up being an adult is what ages us.

There are some corny movies I like and some I love. Probably one of the best B movies out was Starship Troopers. :thup:

Well I guess I'm going to have to watch it. It comes up on our cable system fairly frequently but I've always bypassed it on the theory it would be more slapstick than my tastes can appreciate.

But I love Pirates of the Caribbean because of the brilliant casting and because the spoof plot is so brilliantly conceived and magnificently executed. So if Starship Troopers is comparable then I would like it.

I received a phone call a few minutes ago stating that I had won a free cruise to the Bahamas for two. I was delighted. When asked for the two names of the people who would be going on the cruise I gave them Taco and Nellie the Beagle's names. They rarely get any mail from anyone except for the vet so I betcha they will be excited when their tickets arrive in the mail! I have to go out and buy Taco a speedo and Nellie a bikini so they will be properly dressed when they go to the pool on the cruise liner.

Thanks for the complimentary beverage, FoxFyre. Cool place.

Well you haven't had your complimentary beverage yet have you Spinster? But we're so happy you found us. I see that you have already visited the OP, so will just offer you a warm Coffee Shop welcome. It takes a little while to find your sea legs here and really feel a part of this special community, but those who make the effort usually think it is worth it. And once you do, you find yourself adopted as part of the family here.

So again welcome, make yourself at home, and here is your very own complimentary beverage. :)

13834.jpg

(Ernie or somebody like that will have to tell you what it is. I found it in our nightcap inventory but have no clue what's in it. :))
That's called a Starry Night. It's 1 part absinthe and 3 parts chocolate vodka.

So essentially a chocolate martini but with absinthe instead of vermouth?

I received a phone call a few minutes ago stating that I had won a free cruise to the Bahamas for two. I was delighted. When asked for the two names of the people who would be going on the cruise I gave them Taco and Nellie the Beagle's names. They rarely get any mail from anyone except for the vet so I betcha they will be excited when their tickets arrive in the mail! I have to go out and buy Taco a speedo and Nellie a bikini so they will be properly dressed when they go to the pool on the cruise liner.

You mean Taco is a beagle? Not a chihuahua? Where did I get the idea he was a chihuahua?

I should have used this photo:

th

There are some corny movies I like and some I love. Probably one of the best B movies out was Starship Troopers. :thup:

Well I guess I'm going to have to watch it. It comes up on our cable system fairly frequently but I've always bypassed it on the theory it would be more slapstick than my tastes can appreciate.

But I love Pirates of the Caribbean because of the brilliant casting and because the spoof plot is so brilliantly conceived and magnificently executed. So if Starship Troopers is comparable then I would like it.

Starship Troopers isn't "slapstick" and it's definitely no Pirates of the Caribbean, it's a futuristic "war movie". The also made a number 2,3 and 4 all of which sucked big time.

You want funny slapstick sci-fi? Ice Pirates with Robert Urich and Mary Crosby.

Last edited:

I don't think you would like Starship Troopers, Foxy. It is disgusting. Really disgusting. It certainly has it's share of "dark humor," but it's really just kind of gross. Pretty fun movie if you like that kind of thing though.

Starship Troopers isn't "slapstick" and it's definitely no Pirates of the Caribbean, it's a futuristic "war movie". The also made a number 2,3 and 4 all of which sucked big time.

You want funny slapstick sci-fi? Ice Pirates with Robert Urich and Mary Crosby.

Definitely NOT like Pirates of the Caribbean! :eusa_sick:

I don't think you would like Starship Troopers, Foxy. It is disgusting. Really disgusting. It certainly has it's share of "dark humor," but it's really just kind of gross. Pretty fun movie if you like that kind of thing though.

I'm not much into gross. I liked Raiders of the Lost Ark despite the gratuitous grossness but did not like the sequels where it became really excessive. Thanks for the heads up though. I will know within the first 5-10 minutes of a movie whether I am going to like it.

Okay everybody, when you have five minutes or so to burn today, here is your assignment:
Which U.S. State Should You Live In - Quiz - Quizony.com

It put me in Texas which is okay since I was born there, and have lived a good chunk of my life there or near there. I would guess it most defines my personal culture.

Mine was Texas too! For some of those questions, I would have chosen multiple options though!

Okay, I just read up on Starship Troopers. I was surprised at the awards it was nominated for and that is is rated in the top ten in its genre. But after looking over the plot, not at all what I had in my head that it would be, I think Chris is right. I probably would not like it.

I'm not much into gross. I liked Raiders of the Lost Ark despite the gratuitous grossness but did not like the sequels where it became really excessive. Thanks for the heads up though. I will know within the first 5-10 minutes of a movie whether I am going to like it.

My gosh, if you think Raiders of the Lost Ark was gross, you haven't seen Starship Troopers! It's pretty much about giant alien insects that eat people.

Okay, I just read up on Starship Troopers. I was surprised at the awards it was nominated for and that is is rated in the top ten in its genre. But after looking over the plot, not at all what I had in my head that it would be, I think Chris is right. I probably would not like it.

I can almost guarantee that you would turn it off after the first 30 minutes. :p

My gosh, if you think Raiders of the Lost Ark was gross, you haven't seen Starship Troopers! It's pretty much about giant alien insects that eat people.

Yep. Raiders is about as gross as I can tolerate in a movie. :)

Forum List

Back