USMB Coffee Shop IV

Me too Ernie. We just hugged them goodbye and sent them on their way. They're hoping to make Needles tonight. I hope they stop sooner. They're tired from a very busy week.
That is a long drive. Way back in a universe long ago, I made Needles to Albuquerque in the a day, on a 1972 Honda 350 motorcycle! I was younger, more ambitious and way more dumb.

Even departing mid morning they drove the whole way to Monterey Bay--1,000+ miles arriving home about 3 a.m. There is no way I have the energy and stamina to do that anymore.

I can see!! I can see again!!!

Oh wait......

I can hear! I can hear again!!!

Uuummmm, maybe that's not a good thing, the wife is talking to me........ :eusa_whistle:

Right now she's still "yelling" so I can hear her. I was 5 blocks away, told her I heard her just fine....... :D

That was the problem when Hombre got his hearing aids recently--he now hears better than I do and our situations are reversed. When he used to want the TV uncomfortably loud, he now wants the TV lower than is really comfortable for me and is mildly frustrated that I don't hear as well as he does. We'll adjust though until it is time to get my hearing aids. :)

And isn't your CPAP fitting coming up shortly? When you get that first really good night's sleep, you'll be amazed at how wonderful you will feel.

Oh wait......

Uuummmm, maybe that's not a good thing, the wife is talking to me........ :eusa_whistle:

Right now she's still "yelling" so I can hear her. I was 5 blocks away, told her I heard her just fine....... :D

That was the problem when Hombre got his hearing aids recently--he now hears better than I do and our situations are reversed. When he used to want the TV uncomfortably loud, he now wants the TV lower than is really comfortable for me and is mildly frustrated that I don't hear as well as he does. We'll adjust though until it is time to get my hearing aids. :)

And isn't your CPAP fitting coming up shortly? When you get that first really good night's sleep, you'll be amazed at how wonderful you will feel.
Tonight I go in for the test to see which one works best on me.

Me too Ernie. We just hugged them goodbye and sent them on their way. They're hoping to make Needles tonight. I hope they stop sooner. They're tired from a very busy week.
That is a long drive. Way back in a universe long ago, I made Needles to Albuquerque in the a day, on a 1972 Honda 350 motorcycle! I was younger, more ambitious and way more dumb.

Even departing mid morning they drove the whole way to Monterey Bay--1,000+ miles arriving home about 3 a.m. There is no way I have the energy and stamina to do that anymore.
That's an interesting coincidence. I was coming from Monterey back then. Made it to Needles the first day and got froggy on the second day. After that, I paced myself more gently.

Oh wait......

Oh wait......

This conversation just emphasizes how much we have to look forward to in our sunset years.

Cats. Cats!
You can live with them, but the temptation to make them into ear muffs is very great sometimes. So far this morning:
My administrative assistant" managed to knock a pile of papers and a couple of books off my desk on her way to throwing up on them after they arrived at that lowest point. While hanging up some clothes, Jess, my 20 lb kitty, decided to make himself a nest there, knocking several pieces of clothing onto the floor (at least he didn't puke on5them). And finally, Sherman managed to knock a cup of fresh, hot coffee onto my shorts-clad legs and all over the floor.
Anybody want some earmuffs?

Cats. Cats!
You can live with them, but the temptation to make them into ear muffs is very great sometimes. So far this morning:
My administrative assistant" managed to knock a pile of papers and a couple of books off my desk on her way to throwing up on them after they arrived at that lowest point. While hanging up some clothes, Jess, my 20 lb kitty, decided to make himself a nest there, knocking several pieces of clothing onto the floor (at least he didn't puke on5them). And finally, Sherman managed to knock a cup of fresh, hot coffee onto my shorts-clad legs and all over the floor.
Anybody want some earmuffs?

<blink>

<blink>

<tail swoosh>

Oh wait......

Oh wait......

This conversation just emphasizes how much we have to look forward to in our sunset years.
Yeah, you finally get on a first name basis with even the phlebotomist, When you have a family get together the "family" is all of your medical people, the get together is to figure out why your hair just turned blue.
(You tell em later it was a wig.........)

Last edited:
Wired me back up last night, put the large mask on (I usually end up breathing through my mouth when I'm asleep) and It' probably took me an hour to finally drift off. They monitored my apnea during the night adjusting the CPAP pressure to find out which setting was most optimal. I think I only got about 6 hours of sleep but for once I actually feel rested. Have the followup consult tomorrow then (hopefully) will have my machine within a week.

Morning !

Tuesdays smile

1437209096673605.jpg
:biggrin:

Forum List

Back