USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre's sprained shoulder,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

outdoor-lighting.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Just before going to bed last night we could hear the wind pick up rather dramatically. Woke up this morning and we obviously had a big storm move through, stuff was blown around the back yard and I'm gonna be busy cleaning the leaf debris out of the pool.

Just before going to bed last night we could hear the wind pick up rather dramatically. Woke up this morning and we obviously had a big storm move through, stuff was blown around the back yard and I'm gonna be busy cleaning the leaf debris out of the pool.

We had some thunder boomers come through here late yesterday evening - lots of thunder and lightning but just a bit of rain. But the monsoon is definitely upon us.

Did a lot of driving today. Went up to Silver City, not much to see as most everything was closed. Drove up to Gila Cliff Dwellings visitor center, discovered we would have to climb some steep steps about a half a mile in from the parking area to see the actual dwellings..... uummmm, no......
headed back down 35 to 61 to rte 180 back into Deming then home, yeah, I was tired.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre's sprained shoulder,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

outdoor-lighting.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

We had some thunder boomers come through here late yesterday evening - lots of thunder and lightning but just a bit of rain. But the monsoon is definitely upon us.
Here tonight too. A guy that plays music at Doc's stopped by and was adding water to his radiator as it started sprinkling. I was inside and I swaer the lightning was so close light came in through the walls. It hit about 50 feet from the building. Jason came inside clutching his heart saying, "I think I just almost died!"
We got another couple inches of rain to add to the 4" yesterday
Had a new band at Doc's last night. Not a great take, but we made a lot of new friends and all had a great time. Paid the bills, at least.

Did a lot of driving today. Went up to Silver City, not much to see as most everything was closed. Drove up to Gila Cliff Dwellings visitor center, discovered we would have to climb some steep steps about a half a mile in from the parking area to see the actual dwellings..... uummmm, no......
headed back down 35 to 61 to rte 180 back into Deming then home, yeah, I was tired.
Tell me about Deming. We have some property my mother in law left that we've never seen.

Tell me about Deming. We have some property my mother in law left that we've never seen.

Hombre and I have almost surely spent much more time in Deming than the Ringels on their weekend forays. Deming is the only substantial stop in the long haul from Las Cruces to Lordsburg on I-10 across southern New Mexico. Just 30 or so miles north of the Mexican border, it is a normally sleepy little town of about 14,000, it is pretty much low income with more reasonable property values than in most of the state. At the upper end of the Chihuahan Desert, it enjoys a mild desert climate but also an agri culture with the Mimbres River passing by. The nearby Florida Mountains and Black Range provide a scenic backdrop for the desert harshness. I would guess the majority of the population is Hispanic.

Lots and lots of historical data in the area and the town capitalizes on it. The biggest chile processing plant in New Mexico is there I believe, and Deming boasts the purest and best tasting ground water in the state. It is also home to the great American duck races every year.

Hombre and I have almost surely spent much more time in Deming than the Ringels on their weekend forays. Deming is the only substantial stop in the long haul from Las Cruces to Lordsburg on I-10 across southern New Mexico. Just 30 or so miles north of the Mexican border, it is a normally sleepy little town of about 14,000, it is pretty much low income with more reasonable property values than in most of the state. At the upper end of the Chihuahan Desert, it enjoys a mild desert climate but also an agri culture with the Mimbres River passing by. The nearby Florida Mountains and Black Range provide a scenic backdrop for the desert harshness. I would guess the majority of the population is Hispanic.

Lots and lots of historical data in the area and the town capitalizes on it. The biggest chile processing plant in New Mexico is there I believe, and Deming boasts the purest and best tasting ground water in the state. It is also home to the great American duck races every year.
Thanks, Foxy!
Back, maybe 40 years ago, someone was selling "Ranchettes" kind of 1/2 acre plots south of town. Thousands of these plots were sold, but very few were ever built on. From what I see from aerial photos, the roads are about reclaimed by the desert, but every once in a while there is a nice house.

Sunshine Valley Ranchettes Luna County New Mexico land for sale - 1 acre at LandWatch.com

Me too Ernie. We just hugged them goodbye and sent them on their way. They're hoping to make Needles tonight. I hope they stop sooner. They're tired from a very busy week.
That is a long drive. Way back in a universe long ago, I made Needles to Albuquerque in the a day, on a 1972 Honda 350 motorcycle! I was younger, more ambitious and way more dumb.

I can see!! I can see again!!!

Oh wait......

I can hear! I can hear again!!!

Uuummmm, maybe that's not a good thing, the wife is talking to me........ :eusa_whistle:

Right now she's still "yelling" so I can hear her. I was 5 blocks away, told her I heard her just fine....... :D

Forum List

Back