USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm up and ready extra early today. I'm going to the dentist this morning. I have a toothache. :( I hate the dentist.
Uh-ooohh... good luck there... :neutral:

I hate when they take the little hook and poke you in the sore tooth! They always do that!!!
It's called a probe and they have to to find if there's any decay and where exactly the decay is. Like when a doctor starts probing areas of the body that are in extreme pain to determine what is causing the pain. When they hit it you just about jump off the table.

That can of soda is probably the most fattening thing that you consume. You would be surprised at just how fattening soda really is. Even the diet soda.

Soda may be fattening through calorie content, but there is no fat in it.

That is true, and the average non-diet soda has about 140 calories which isn't excessive as snacks go, but I do believe Chris is right and naturally or artificially sweetened carbonated beverages in excess affect our metabolism negatively and trigger other unhealthy mechanisms. Hombre and I stopped stocking carbonated beverages years ago and I think that was very good for us. We still indulge now and then--I enjoy a root beer or coke or Dr. Pepper once or twice a month but our beverage of choice is routine coffee, tea, or more often than not, water.
I started drinking Sodastream diet sodas 2 years ago. Much healthier and cheaper than regular sodas.

We're watching the game, and I think WQ is going to end up making me a Redskins fan. I was born and raised north of Chicago, so spent my childhood rooting for the Bears...I was 17 when they won the Super Bowl. I converted to a Rams fan while living in Missouri, and then cheered for the Panthers while living in NC. Since relocating to Florida, I was never able to get on board with the Bucs, and a lot of that is because they blackout the games. Looking forward to some halftime snacks.:thup:

img_6968_6122.jpg

Yum. And I think somebody else in the CS is a Redskins fan? Was it Nosmo? Or Spoonie? Can't remember. But as a Cowboys fan and archrival to the Redskins, I'll love you and WQ just as much anyway. :)
BBD

Yes, Sherry had pretty well convinced me it is Big Black Dog.

We're watching the game, and I think WQ is going to end up making me a Redskins fan. I was born and raised north of Chicago, so spent my childhood rooting for the Bears...I was 17 when they won the Super Bowl. I converted to a Rams fan while living in Missouri, and then cheered for the Panthers while living in NC. Since relocating to Florida, I was never able to get on board with the Bucs, and a lot of that is because they blackout the games. Looking forward to some halftime snacks.:thup:

img_6968_6122.jpg
As long as that's not Velveeta (real fake cheese) I'd probably eat the whole thing........ :D

For years I've used no bean chili and...

20120424-queso-tostitos.jpg

It tastes very similar to Chili's skillet queso. However, I happened to come across a kit that was less expensive, plus on sale BOGO, and we all liked it just as well.:thup:

k2-_cf052cad-e2ce-4786-a9f1-81278fb69de0.v1.jpg
One of my favorite quick and easy things to eat is, a slice of bread, two boiled Oscar Mayer hotdogs on the bread, heat and pour Hormel HOT chili, no beans over that, sweet onions diced small over that, and topped with shredded cheddar cheese... mmmMMMMmmmm... :D

And I can feel my arteries hardening just thinking about it. We do pretty much the same thing but use split hotdog or hamburger buns for the bread. And I prefer Wolf Brand chili. :)
I guess the canned chili isn't the best thing for you, but the cheese is probably the worst because of it's high cholesterol content, even though it's also high in protein and good for you. I like the Wolf brand chili too, but for with hotdogs, it's gotta be no beans for me. I smother it with the diced onions too. I eat onions on lots of stuff, in my salads, in my cooking, love the onions.

img_6968_6122.jpg

Yum. And I think somebody else in the CS is a Redskins fan? Was it Nosmo? Or Spoonie? Can't remember. But as a Cowboys fan and archrival to the Redskins, I'll love you and WQ just as much anyway. :)
BBD
Yes BBD was the Redskins fan.

img_6968_6122.jpg

BBD

Was?
Did he change teams?

img_6968_6122.jpg

BBD

Yes, Sherry had pretty well convinced me it is Big Black Dog.
Yup it was him, he was a big Redskins fan. I've decided I am too, look what they did against Custer's team....... :eusa_whistle:

I used to drink diet coke, but I think it is still bad for you, so I have switched to bottled spring water. It does not taste as nice but it is much better for you.

img_6968_6122.jpg

BBD

Was?
Did he change teams?
He hasn't been around in a while so was is currently appropriate.

img_6968_6122.jpg

BBD

Was?
Did he change teams?

I thought maybe you might have kept in touch with him.

I used to drink diet coke, but I think it is still bad for you, so I have switched to bottled spring water. It does not taste as nice but it is much better for you.
My trick there is to mix no sugar added juice and water half and half, adds taste without the high concentration of fructose.

BBD

Was?
Did he change teams?

I thought maybe you might have kept in touch with him.
Nope. :dunno:

BBD does check in here every week or two for maybe one or two posts. I miss him along with several others who have drifted mostly away from USMB.

Ha ! I am on the last couple of levels of doom 3 and there are no other computer games I want to play until next year, when a new doom is being released. The lack of PC computer games is almost enough to drive me to get a playstation or an xbox. ( I don't know which to get) Then I could play games in 3d on my 32 inch television.

Ha ! I am on the last couple of levels of doom 3 and there are no other computer games I want to play until next year, when a new doom is being released. The lack of PC computer games is almost enough to drive me to get a playstation or an xbox. ( I don't know which to get) Then I could play games in 3d on my 32 inch television.

What lack of PC games? There are thousands and thousands. :p

Regular cheese is high in Potassium which Harper is not suppose to have. American cheese slices are low enough for her to have.

Forum List

Back