USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. Another beautiful late summer morning in Albuquerque--just a touch of autumn in the air, but temps will remain warm in the 80's this week. Hombre is busily making breakfast for us and I'm catching up on the morning news. But more and more am wanting this life of leisure to conclude and get back to being busy with stuff. Soon I tell myself. Soon.

It was kind of overcast/partly sunny, a little bit of rain, but pretty nice weekend overall. It was much cooler than it's been, so that was a nice break. Beautiful yesterday and today. It's supposed to get hot again though this week some time. Back into the high 80s with lots of humidity.

I was just looking at Wunderground since that was the first weather report that opened up this morning and it said we could have a thunderstorm at 12:45 pm today? Does anybody else question how they would know that? What happens at 12:45 pm MDT?

I was just looking at Wunderground since that was the first weather report that opened up this morning and it said we could have a thunderstorm at 12:45 pm today? Does anybody else question how they would know that? What happens at 12:45 pm MDT?

They just look at the track the storm is taking and make a guess. What I always notice is that they are like 8 hours off on the forecast a lot of times. For example, sometimes they will say rain tonight, but it won't rain until the next afternoon. That happens quite often. Lol. Guesstimates. I can be a "meteorologist" too. It might rain, but it might not. The sun might come out for a little while, but if it looks really cloudy, probably not. Sunny with some clouds. :D

I started out needing to replace a tread on my front porch steps. The stringers looked fine. I bought 2x12s for 5 36" treads. Yesterday, I figured I should also put on new hand rails. I bought 16' of PT 2x4.
So today I start. I pop the first tread, a chunk breaks off the stringer. I screw and glue it. Replace tread 1. Pop tread 2. A chunk breaks off other stringer. Screw and glue..... Replace tread.

Gotta get more 2x12 to make new stringers.

I did replace one hand rail before I decided to quit for the day. I did decide that I might as well replace the pickets while I'm at it that's 6, 10 foot 22x2s and either a 12' 2x12 or a pair of pre-made stringers.
Then there's the molding around the back door. I have enough brick mold, but need 20 feet of casing. And TIME. I NEED time!

They just look at the track the storm is taking and make a guess. What I always notice is that they are like 8 hours off on the forecast a lot of times. For example, sometimes they will say rain tonight, but it won't rain until the next afternoon. That happens quite often. Lol. Guesstimates. I can be a "meteorologist" too. It might rain, but it might not. The sun might come out for a little while, but if it looks really cloudy, probably not. Sunny with some clouds. :D
Mostly light today with darkness coming towards evening......

Good Morning !

after-a-long-day-of-work.jpg

I started out needing to replace a tread on my front porch steps. The stringers looked fine. I bought 2x12s for 5 36" treads. Yesterday, I figured I should also put on new hand rails. I bought 16' of PT 2x4.
So today I start. I pop the first tread, a chunk breaks off the stringer. I screw and glue it. Replace tread 1. Pop tread 2. A chunk breaks off other stringer. Screw and glue..... Replace tread.

I did replace one hand rail before I decided to quit for the day. I did decide that I might as well replace the pickets while I'm at it that's 6, 10 foot 22x2s and either a 12' 2x12 or a pair of pre-made stringers.
Then there's the molding around the back door. I have enough brick mold, but need 20 feet of casing. And TIME. I NEED time!

You sound like me. I start out thinking I'll do one little task and the next thing I know I have dismantled an entire room.

Why not install an escalator, Ernie?

I'm not as old as you, yet, sir. :D

Yeah, Foxy. It seems like the simple jobs become the most complex. Hell, when I moved here, I built a 750 sq ft deck with a gazebo. I called in a lumber order and toddled off to Lowes for hardware and concrete. I bought about 2 tons of lumber, could carry in one trip what was left over and didn't have to go back for anything I forgot to order.
I can plan something that took 2 men over a month to build, but I can't replace a stair tread.

Ha ! I am on the last couple of levels of doom 3 and there are no other computer games I want to play until next year, when a new doom is being released. The lack of PC computer games is almost enough to drive me to get a playstation or an xbox. ( I don't know which to get) Then I could play games in 3d on my 32 inch television.

What lack of PC games? There are thousands and thousands. :p

As far as I can see game makers have largely stopped making games for the PC and they are making them for Xbox or Play station instead. I have just finished doom 3, and beaten the big boss and now it looks like I will have to wait until next spring to play the new doom game when it comes out. Unless you know of any good, first person single player shooter games that will run on windows 7.. The last one I played was' Wolfenstein the new order'. I played some of 'rage' but got fed up with it.

Whoa, that would be the epitome of front porch steps wouldn't it! :)

Worlds-Longest-Straight-Staircase-1.jpg

Ha ! I am on the last couple of levels of doom 3 and there are no other computer games I want to play until next year, when a new doom is being released. The lack of PC computer games is almost enough to drive me to get a playstation or an xbox. ( I don't know which to get) Then I could play games in 3d on my 32 inch television.

What lack of PC games? There are thousands and thousands. :p

As far as I can see game makers have largely stopped making games for the PC and they are making them for Xbox or Play station instead. I have just finished doom 3, and beaten the big boss and now it looks like I will have to wait until next spring to play the new doom game when it comes out. Unless you know of any good, first person single player shooter games that will run on windows 7.. The last one I played was' Wolfenstein the new order'. I played some of 'rage' but got fed up with it.

Maybe this list will help you
It shows PC games as well as Xbox or Play station for 2015 releases.
2015 PC Game List - System Requirements and System Specs

Forum List

Back