USMB Coffee Shop IV

I came screaming in the house about 15 minutes ago. Mr Gracie was all like..WTF?

RADIATOR IS HERE....FEDEX....IT'S HERE! RADIATOR!
OMG RADIATOR!!!!!!

Goldie got her RADIATOR! I can....GO soon! Do stuff! Back to the beach!
YAY!!!!

So, I've got a job as an operator at a hospital in my area that I've wanted to get into for quite some time. I had an interview earlier this week but I didn't want to say anything in case it turned out to be a big fat nothing. Anyway, I will be keeping my current. This job is per diem and mostly 3rd shift. It will be kind of tough, but I am looking to get in over there, and of course, they hire from within a lot of times. It's not the best job, but the pay isn't terrible, and I am excited to gain some "hospital" experience. :) I just got the call from the Human Resources Department, so I'm really happy! :D Anyway, I have to schedule a complete physical exam, drug testing and get a flu shot within the next 10 days. Then, fill out a ton of paperwork because they do a background check and stuff.

:banana:

Congratulations! How awesome!

I hope everyone is having a great evening. I met some good friends for a couple beers at a local brewery tonight and now I am having a nice cup of tea. Happy Thursday friends!

I am eager for tomorrow. BIG assed yard sale at the senior mobile home park where I always score treasures....plus...

RADIATOR day!!! :lol:

So, I've got a job as an operator at a hospital in my area that I've wanted to get into for quite some time. I had an interview earlier this week but I didn't want to say anything in case it turned out to be a big fat nothing. Anyway, I will be keeping my current. This job is per diem and mostly 3rd shift. It will be kind of tough, but I am looking to get in over there, and of course, they hire from within a lot of times. It's not the best job, but the pay isn't terrible, and I am excited to gain some "hospital" experience. :) I just got the call from the Human Resources Department, so I'm really happy! :D Anyway, I have to schedule a complete physical exam, drug testing and get a flu shot within the next 10 days. Then, fill out a ton of paperwork because they do a background check and stuff.

Thanks MDK. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

You're welcome my dear. I know how much you wanted this job so you must be through the roof excited. Great news!

You're welcome my dear. I know how much you wanted this job so you must be through the roof excited. Great news!

I am! :) I will be starting in the beginning of November. I might cut back my hours a bit at my current job if I have to because I really REALLY want to work outside of my house. Lol.

Odd, it's already mid-October and I think we've had 2, maybe 4 days when temps went below freezing. I'm thinking this winter might top last year as one of the warmest on record.

Seeing similar here it seems. I remember distinctly that last year on October 4th, less than one week into the month, I was not only running heat, but it was cold enough to run the wood stove. This year, have yet to turn the heat on at all. Haven't even sealed off half the windows.
Still in the 40's here! I'm not complaining, but am wondering what this winter will bring. Berry harvests have been really scanty pretty much all over and it's being associated with the lack of snow cover last winter.

Odd, it's already mid-October and I think we've had 2, maybe 4 days when temps went below freezing. I'm thinking this winter might top last year as one of the warmest on record.

Seeing similar here it seems. I remember distinctly that last year on October 4th, less than one week into the month, I was not only running heat, but it was cold enough to run the wood stove. This year, have yet to turn the heat on at all. Haven't even sealed off half the windows.
Still in the 40's here! I'm not complaining, but am wondering what this winter will bring. Berry harvests have been really scanty pretty much all over and it's being associated with the lack of snow cover last winter.

No freezing temperatures yet, thankfully, but last night it got down into the 40s.

Shoulda done a little more homework on phyllo dough, came out loose and crunchy (at least the top did). Apparently it dries out very, very quickly so don't bring it out of the fridge till you're ready to use it. Also it's best to brush each sheet with butter or oil. Still it was good, live and learn. :thup:
Oh, yeah, you have to brush the layers with butter to make them work. I've made spanakopita often because it's one way to use my home-made feta cheese and other people don't ask whether it's goat cheese.

Funny-Girl-5.jpg
God...what? I was looking at the pink bicycle.

Congratulations! Good luck as you move forward in your career.

Forum List

Back