USMB Coffee Shop IV

The side street is a literal river and out back where the roof runoff is there's a pile of hail 2 feet deep.

Two feet deep ! that is a number I can understand. I see that America has not gone metric like Britain.
In Britain they talk of millimetres and metres and I never relate to anything metric, because I was brought up and educated before metric was introduced. I just cannot adjust my mind to visualise any kind of metric measures or weights.

Although I would probably have the same problems, I have long wished the US would switch to the metric system. It just makes more sense. :p
The metric system really is much simpler. I lived many years in Europe and got accustomed to the metric system. Working with base 10 is easier, but it's a tough sell for folks who are accustomed to our system of measurement.

The side street is a literal river and out back where the roof runoff is there's a pile of hail 2 feet deep.

Two feet deep ! that is a number I can understand. I see that America has not gone metric like Britain.
In Britain they talk of millimetres and metres and I never relate to anything metric, because I was brought up and educated before metric was introduced. I just cannot adjust my mind to visualise any kind of metric measures or weights.

Although I would probably have the same problems, I have long wished the US would switch to the metric system. It just makes more sense. :p

Metric may make more sense if you were brought up with it, but it still means nothing to me. I am just too old to learn new tricks.
Nah, once you caught on, you'd think why you resisted so long.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Ringel's Jasper,
Pogo's brother,
Gracie's Karma,
GW's new job and water logged goats,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

11082464264_a86f912023_z.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Well, today is the day of my pre-employment physical. I have to be there for 1:30 PM to fill out some paperwork. I'm supposed to get a flu shot too. I'm a little nervous about that. Never had one before.

They use a teensy little needle that you'll barely feel, and if you are like most people will forget about in minutes and won't think about again. I used to have bad reactions to flu shots but my doctor extorted me to have one this September--it was that or a colonoscopy--so I agreed to the flu shot (and a pneumonia shot). Essentially painless and absolutely no after affects. The formula they use for the shot is much improved apparently.

I'm off in a few for an injection in my ailing shoulder--for that they use a needle that feels the size of a bathroom plunger and it hurts like few things hurt while they are giving the injection. But if I get the same results I got from the last one it will be well worth it. . .in two or three days the pain will be entirely manageable again and I look forward to starting physical therapy next week and getting it completely healed.

Well, today is the day of my pre-employment physical. I have to be there for 1:30 PM to fill out some paperwork. I'm supposed to get a flu shot too. I'm a little nervous about that. Never had one before.

They use a teensy little needle that you'll barely feel, and if you are like most people will forget about in minutes and won't think about again. I used to have bad reactions to flu shots but my doctor extorted me to have one this September--it was that or a colonoscopy--so I agreed to the flu shot (and a pneumonia shot). Essentially painless and absolutely no after affects. The formula they use for the shot is much improved apparently.

I'm off in a few for an injection in my ailing shoulder--for that they use a needle that feels the size of a bathroom plunger and it hurts like few things hurt while they are giving the injection. But if I get the same results I got from the last one it will be well worth it. . .in two or three days the pain will be entirely manageable again and I look forward to starting physical therapy next week and getting it completely healed.

Yeah, I'm mostly worried about it making me sick. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

Yeah, I'm mostly worried about it making me sick. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

We'll hope that too, but the odds are huge in your favor that you'll experience no side effects of any kind.

Well we just got back from town. We had to buy a new fridge.
The old one was 21 years old and was making noise for the last few days.
It finally bit the dust this morning.

We'll hope that too, but the odds are huge in your favor that you'll experience no side effects of any kind.

So far so good. I arrived home about an hour ago. I had my blood pressure, pulse, hearing, vision, BMI, reflexes, heart/lungs all checked out, and everything is normal. I had the flu shot. No problems so far. I had a DDT vaccination. No problem. I had the PPD skin test where they inject it under your skin and it makes a little bubble (to check for tuberculosis which I know I don't have anyway). Anyway, they said if the bubble remains, gets bigger, turns red and irritated, then that means it is positive. Well, I had it about an hour ago, and it is already going away, but I still have to go back on Monday so they can check it. Then, they want to do a second test. I have scheduled for the 30th. Man, who knew it was so much work to get a job at the hospital! :lol: Anyway, I am totally healthy so far. They drew blood and did a urine drug screen too. I don't do drugs, so there shouldn't be problems with the drug screen. I'm confident in that part. So the only thing left to find out, is my blood work. About 5 or 6 years ago, I had blood work and everything was normal. I don't expect there to be any changes with that.

So, the good news is that I'm healthy and I've got most of this screening procedure completed. :eusa_dance:

Forum List

Back