USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, today is the day of my pre-employment physical. I have to be there for 1:30 PM to fill out some paperwork. I'm supposed to get a flu shot too. I'm a little nervous about that. Never had one before.

They use a teensy little needle that you'll barely feel, and if you are like most people will forget about in minutes and won't think about again. I used to have bad reactions to flu shots but my doctor extorted me to have one this September--it was that or a colonoscopy--so I agreed to the flu shot (and a pneumonia shot). Essentially painless and absolutely no after affects. The formula they use for the shot is much improved apparently.

I'm off in a few for an injection in my ailing shoulder--for that they use a needle that feels the size of a bathroom plunger and it hurts like few things hurt while they are giving the injection. But if I get the same results I got from the last one it will be well worth it. . .in two or three days the pain will be entirely manageable again and I look forward to starting physical therapy next week and getting it completely healed.

Yeah, I'm mostly worried about it making me sick. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

We'll hope that too, but the odds are huge in your favor that you'll experience no side effects of any kind.

So far so good. I arrived home about an hour ago. I had my blood pressure, pulse, hearing, vision, BMI, reflexes, heart/lungs all checked out, and everything is normal. I had the flu shot. No problems so far. I had a DDT vaccination. No problem. I had the PPD skin test where they inject it under your skin and it makes a little bubble (to check for tuberculosis which I know I don't have anyway). Anyway, they said if the bubble remains, gets bigger, turns red and irritated, then that means it is positive. Well, I had it about an hour ago, and it is already going away, but I still have to go back on Monday so they can check it. Then, they want to do a second test. I have scheduled for the 30th. Man, who knew it was so much work to get a job at the hospital! :lol: Anyway, I am totally healthy so far. They drew blood and did a urine drug screen too. I don't do drugs, so there shouldn't be problems with the drug screen. I'm confident in that part. So the only thing left to find out, is my blood work. About 5 or 6 years ago, I had blood work and everything was normal. I don't expect there to be any changes with that.

So, the good news is that I'm healthy and I've got most of this screening procedure completed. :eusa_dance:

And it is a comforting feeling knowing that you are checked out and that you are healthy. :)

Well, today is the day of my pre-employment physical. I have to be there for 1:30 PM to fill out some paperwork. I'm supposed to get a flu shot too. I'm a little nervous about that. Never had one before.

They use a teensy little needle that you'll barely feel, and if you are like most people will forget about in minutes and won't think about again. I used to have bad reactions to flu shots but my doctor extorted me to have one this September--it was that or a colonoscopy--so I agreed to the flu shot (and a pneumonia shot). Essentially painless and absolutely no after affects. The formula they use for the shot is much improved apparently.

I'm off in a few for an injection in my ailing shoulder--for that they use a needle that feels the size of a bathroom plunger and it hurts like few things hurt while they are giving the injection. But if I get the same results I got from the last one it will be well worth it. . .in two or three days the pain will be entirely manageable again and I look forward to starting physical therapy next week and getting it completely healed.

Yeah, I'm mostly worried about it making me sick. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

We'll hope that too, but the odds are huge in your favor that you'll experience no side effects of any kind.

So far so good. I arrived home about an hour ago. I had my blood pressure, pulse, hearing, vision, BMI, reflexes, heart/lungs all checked out, and everything is normal. I had the flu shot. No problems so far. I had a DDT vaccination. No problem. I had the PPD skin test where they inject it under your skin and it makes a little bubble (to check for tuberculosis which I know I don't have anyway). Anyway, they said if the bubble remains, gets bigger, turns red and irritated, then that means it is positive. Well, I had it about an hour ago, and it is already going away, but I still have to go back on Monday so they can check it. Then, they want to do a second test. I have scheduled for the 30th. Man, who knew it was so much work to get a job at the hospital! :lol: Anyway, I am totally healthy so far. They drew blood and did a urine drug screen too. I don't do drugs, so there shouldn't be problems with the drug screen. I'm confident in that part. So the only thing left to find out, is my blood work. About 5 or 6 years ago, I had blood work and everything was normal. I don't expect there to be any changes with that.

So, the good news is that I'm healthy and I've got most of this screening procedure completed. :eusa_dance:

And it is a comforting feeling knowing that you are checked out and that you are healthy. :)

Yup! :D I'm very happy and thankful for that!

I got my Windows 7. It took a bit to install it (had an error trying to install over the free space I put on the hard drive with gparted, I ended up having to go into BIOS and run my dvd drive as UEFI), now I've got the motherboard and video card drivers that came with those parts installed and I'm working on starting my Windows updates. I'm still not entirely sure if I'm going to bother upgrading to Win10 or not. I'll probably do the free upgrade, then go back and delete the partition and reinstall 7.

It was good timing to get the Windows today, the little one left for her dad's. I just wish this PC had as bit a monitor as the other one. :p

I got my Windows 7. It took a bit to install it (had an error trying to install over the free space I put on the hard drive with gparted, I ended up having to go into BIOS and run my dvd drive as UEFI), now I've got the motherboard and video card drivers that came with those parts installed and I'm working on starting my Windows updates. I'm still not entirely sure if I'm going to bother upgrading to Win10 or not. I'll probably do the free upgrade, then go back and delete the partition and reinstall 7.

It was good timing to get the Windows today, the little one left for her dad's. I just wish this PC had as bit a monitor as the other one. :p
Microsoft doesn't play well when it comes to dual booting, it want's to set it up so it's the only OS on your system if it's loaded after any other OS is. It's always best to load Windows first then load the other OS you want to override Windows booting preferences.

Finally took the road trip up to Alamogordo, Tularosa today. What's funny is while Alamogordo doesn't have all the amenities we like we do like the town, most people seem pretty friendly and it doesn't have the clannish feel that Trinidad CO had.

Microsoft doesn't play well when it comes to dual booting, it want's to set it up so it's the only OS on your system if it's loaded after any other OS is. It's always best to load Windows first then load the other OS you want to override Windows booting preferences.

Yeah, but since I've already got my Linux Mint setup on that PC, I'm loading Windows second and will use boot repair to hopefully get the GNOME bootloader back up. I'll have to decide if I'm going to do the Win10 upgrade and then revert back before I get to that point. :)

Over 230 Windows updates for Win7! Ugh. This will be going for a long time.

Yeah, but since I've already got my Linux Mint setup on that PC, I'm loading Windows second and will use boot repair to hopefully get the GNOME bootloader back up. I'll have to decide if I'm going to do the Win10 upgrade and then revert back before I get to that point. :)

Over 230 Windows updates for Win7! Ugh. This will be going for a long time.

I got windows 7 a year ago and the update then took two hours, but there have been a lot of updates since then.

I do not know what software will run on windows 10, but all the games I want to play including Doom that comes out next spring, run on windows 7. I doubt they will run on windows 10.

Well I dun it. I am now a man that has everything. I went out today and brought a lectern for my library.

I bet it looks really nice and makes it look totally official. :)

I saw it in the street, outside a shop as I went past in the bus. So I got another bus back to the town and brought it. It is absolutely perfect for my antiquarian books to rest on, as some of them are too big and heavy to rest them in your lap. So I needed a substantial lectern, and the one I got is a perfect fit for the books. It gives my library some class.

I got cortisone shots every year for20 years until a guy I worked for offered to pay for the next one and a couple sick days if a magnesium supplement didn't improve things in a couple days.

They measure you for latex gloves yet?

I got cortisone shots every year for20 years until a guy I worked for offered to pay for the next one and a couple sick days if a magnesium supplement didn't improve things in a couple days.
I'm assuming the magnesium supplement worked?

Dayum! Saw a mouse in the house the other day. Yesterday I went to grab some rice from the pantry and found that I was infested. Everything has been removed and cleaned and open containers tossed out.
You need a cat, or maybe a dachshund or rat- or fox terrier.
I have firearms. :D
Those work too, but are somewhat alarming to the neighbors. I feed the ferals specifically because while they are my "wards", I have not had mouse problems. Mice are disgusting.

Dayum! Saw a mouse in the house the other day. Yesterday I went to grab some rice from the pantry and found that I was infested. Everything has been removed and cleaned and open containers tossed out.
Those work too, but are somewhat alarming to the neighbors. I feed the ferals specifically because while they are my "wards", I have not had mouse problems. Mice are disgusting.

Hollo!

Eeeewwww!!!!

I'm assuming the magnesium supplement worked?
It did.
I keep it on hand and if my shoulders start to feel gritty, I take 250 mg a day for a few days.

Signing out early tonight guys because I'll probably be asleep before the movie is over. The vigil photo tonight is the Cumbres Toltec Railroad that runs between Chama NM and southern Colorado and how that trip looks this time of year.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Ringel's Jasper,
Pogo's brother,
Gracie's Karma,
GW's new job and water logged goats,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern with a special RIP for Bert.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

6242551240_5c0eb52bd1_z.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I don't know why, but I find this to be kind of awesome :

6881650-3x4-700x933.jpg

This is from Odessa, Ukraine. Apparently there is a law about removing communist symbols. This was a statue of Lenin which was converted to Vader. :lol:

Just updated my video nvida drivers. It always scares the hell out of me the way the screen flickers and goes blank. Firstly I could not connect to nvida, not until I updated my java. I am glad that's over.

Forum List

Back