USMB Coffee Shop IV

Picked up the wife and all her new "accouterments", she's home now. The cats are giving her the cold shoulder, "how dare you abandon us" routine....... :lol:

12191546_1007724889277878_7474349685725415819_n.jpg

Picked up the wife and all her new "accouterments", she's home now. The cats are giving her the cold shoulder, "how dare you abandon us" routine....... :lol:

The kitties will get over it. Hope she is comfortable and feeling well.
Yeah, she's doing well, resting right now. She tries to get up and move as much as possible to keep the joint as mobile as currently possible otherwise it stiffens up.
Yup the cats are already starting to forgive her. :D

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Gracie's Karma,
GW's new job and water logged goats,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern with a special RIP for Bert.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

f4f55d5ca1c0ee19c9bd6e5f6d57383b.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Geeze, more rain last night, slept terribly and have one hell of a sinus headache. Also started my smoking cessasion program yesterday, started on the patch and had 3 cigs plus a few puffs off my E-Cig last night so I'm starting to cough as my body slowly begins to expel the crap from my lungs. The wife has been taking the 800 mg ibuprofen as they gave her Tylenol w/codeine and apparently that's making her nauseous so she not taking it, says her knee has a constant throbbing ache so she didn't sleep well. Left a message last night with the Dr's office, will call again today.

Well, the biggest night of the year at Doc's. We have jack o lanterns, spiders that drop on fishing line, dry ice for Mad Max's cauldron and we've replaced the bulbs in the mason jar lights around the bar with black light bulbs. Jason Abel Project will be rocking the house from 9 to 1AM and there are prizes for the best costumes.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Gracie's Karma,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

My first thought on seeing that house was, "That looks like it might be a good zombie apocalypse house". :lol:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Gracie's Karma,

My first thought on seeing that house was, "That looks like it might be a good zombie apocalypse house". :lol:

If you read 007's post yesterday about his recent adventure, you know what house that is. And you're right. It has a creepy history.

Well, the biggest night of the year at Doc's. We have jack o lanterns, spiders that drop on fishing line, dry ice for Mad Max's cauldron and we've replaced the bulbs in the mason jar lights around the bar with black light bulbs. Jason Abel Project will be rocking the house from 9 to 1AM and there are prizes for the best costumes.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I was just reading that next to Christmas, Halloween is the highest grossing holiday with per capita spending on decorations, costumes, and candy etc. averaging around $70. Looks like Doc's took care of Hombre and my part of that--the only thing we spent money on for Halloween was an enormous bag of Skittles and Starbursts to hand out to trick or treaters tonight.

Speaking of houses, we used to visit a couple of our favorite ones back east from time to time. While everyone is familiar with this one:

fallingwater9.jpg

Not that many people are familiar with another he did about an hour away from Falling Waters.

Kentuck Knob:

kentuck-knob.jpg

kentuckKnob.jpg

The view from that patio in the first photo:

6619608-front-yard-of-Kentuck-Knob-0.jpg

The front entrance:

5167085_orig.jpg

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Gracie's Karma,

If you read 007's post yesterday about his recent adventure, you know what house that is. And you're right. It has a creepy history.

Hah, no, I didn't connect it with that post. I just thought that, from this perspective at least, the house looks very solid and defensible, with plenty of places to shoot at zombies from balconies or the roof. :p

Looking at the pics in 007s link, it's actually not a good zombie defense location. :lol:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Gracie's Karma,

Hah, no, I didn't connect it with that post. I just thought that, from this perspective at least, the house looks very solid and defensible, with plenty of places to shoot at zombies from balconies or the roof. :p

Looking at the pics in 007s link, it's actually not a good zombie defense location. :lol:
As for zombies we saw a program last week about epidemics and pandemics. Years ago the CDC had put together an emergency preparedness list on their web site and it barely got any hits. Then came the zombies...... and that site became one of the most hit sites on the web. :lol:

I'm gonna beat my drum here for a minute. I mentioned Falling Water, well Frank built a small guest house behind it, the back wall was the natural rock and when we first visited the water seepage into the house was horrendous. I was talking with the curator at the time and he was still looking for solutions (obviously without plastering the inside with hydraulic cement). I was building houses at the time and told him he had two paths to take, one was "trench" the rock behind the wall, add drain tile and fill with gravel but that would destroy the outside look, the other was to drill a series of vertical and horizontal tubes behind the wall all the way down to the base. Years later on our last visit there the curator recognized me and thanked me, he consulted with engineers and yup, the engineers agreed with me, they drilled out tubes as I suggested and no more water problems, the guest house no longer smelled like a mold factory. :thup:
Okay, I'm done patting myself on the back.......

Last edited:

Forum List

Back