USMB Coffee Shop IV

fbimage.php

Oh, I forgot to tell you. The owner hired a general manager for our dealership two weeks ago. I was fretting about potential changes, the uncomfortableness of change and reproving all that I have done the past s months. Well the general manger has been MIA the last five days. He quit. Back to helping run the place as acting general manger with just the used car manager title.

Not that it is comfortable having the responsibility without the title (and money), but sounds to me like you are a very valuable employee. Wishing for the best possible outcome for it all. :)

The only real value of a title is some people seem to need that in order to listen properly. My business cards still say sales consultant, I never asked for new cards.

Had dinner at Max's parents and then some more at Doc's where we put on a second dinner for our loyal customers. There were 30 or so in the place when I left and they tell me it was fairly steady since the food arrived.

We've had a very pleasant day. Big Sister came home with us this afternoon and is staying with us for a few days. A big chunk of the state is under a winter storm warning and/or winter storm watch tonight which does not include Albuquerque. So since they aren't forecasting it for us, I'm figuring we'll have some winter weather tomorrow. But it's now time to put myself to bed and begin again tomorrow.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Drifter's loss of his beloved fur friend,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

thanksgiving-2011.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

The dinner was meh....... Seems both of us are still not big turkey fans, made the mistake of using the gravy packet that came with the bird, big mistake...... Even though the pie mix called for 3/4 cups of sugar per pie and I used 1/3 cup each the pies were still waaaaayyyyyy too sweet. Maybe I'll use the left over turkey for tetrazzini, ala king and pot pies.
The stuffing was great as was the rice and the green beans so all was not a loss, I made broth out of the bones, etc after carving up and putting the turkey meat away so I have enough to make real homemade gravy.

The dinner was meh....... Seems both of us are still not big turkey fans, made the mistake of using the gravy packet that came with the bird, big mistake...... Even though the pie mix called for 3/4 cups of sugar per pie and I used 1/3 cup each the pies were still waaaaayyyyyy too sweet. Maybe I'll use the left over turkey for tetrazzini, ala king and pot pies.
The stuffing was great as was the rice and the green beans so all was not a loss, I made broth out of the bones, etc after carving up and putting the turkey meat away so I have enough to make real homemade gravy.

You could always have ham or anything you want! There is no law that you HAVE to eat turkey even if you don't like it. ;)

You could always have ham or anything you want! There is no law that you HAVE to eat turkey even if you don't like it. ;)

Yes. Every now and then our family, many of Italian, Spanish, and Mexican heritage, will decide to have a non traditional Thanksgiving or Christmas and serve New Mexican/Mexican/Spanish food or a more Italian cuisine. There have been times I just couldn't face another turkey on Christmas, so soon after Thanksgiving, and made something else. And it is always enjoyable and good. But it doesn't quite FEEL the same. There is just something about stuffing and roasting that bird that makes the holiday complete. I don't pretend to understand it. And there isn't one of us that would order turkey over some other more favorite protein in a restaurant.

Biting my tongue....... really, really hard...... :eusa_whistle:

:D

Yes. Every now and then our family, many of Italian, Spanish, and Mexican heritage, will decide to have a non traditional Thanksgiving or Christmas and serve New Mexican/Mexican/Spanish food or a more Italian cuisine. There have been times I just couldn't face another turkey on Christmas, so soon after Thanksgiving, and made something else. And it is always enjoyable and good. But it doesn't quite FEEL the same. There is just something about stuffing and roasting that bird that makes the holiday complete. I don't pretend to understand it. And there isn't one of us that would order turkey over some other more favorite protein in a restaurant.
I think we'll have Chinese for Christmas.

Hombre's favorite Christmas movie. :)

Probably the only scene I like in a movie I don't really like.

Probably because you are just enough younger than us so that you didn't experience Christmas as our generation experienced it. And the Christmas, school scenes, etc. in that movie brings back so many memories for us. I'm not as fond of the movie as Hombre is though. He won't go through a holiday season without watching it at least once.

Probably because you are just enough younger than us so that you didn't experience Christmas as our generation experienced it. And the Christmas, school scenes, etc. in that movie brings back so many memories for us. I'm not as fond of the movie as Hombre is though. He won't go through a holiday season without watching it at least once.

No, it's close enough to my childhood era, that's why I don't really like it.

I just spent the afternoon playing about with my old windows 98 computer, so that I can play the old games, and so that I can access all the files on my old hard disk. The first thing I discover is that some of the older games are Dos games. Well I am not going to go back to dos so I hope they will run in a dos box.
I have old screen savers that I can now run and one is called 'Hop' Its a fractal screensaver that I used to like.
Does anyone remember it? I also have 'psych' and 'Gold lace' I find them fascinating and have not seen them for years owing to them not running on later versions of windows.

I just spent the afternoon playing about with my old windows 98 computer, so that I can play the old games, and so that I can access all the files on my old hard disk. The first thing I discover is that some of the older games are Dos games. Well I am not going to go back to dos so I hope they will run in a dos box.
I have old screen savers that I can now run and one is called 'Hop' Its a fractal screensaver that I used to like.
Does anyone remember it? I also have 'psych' and 'Gold lace' I find them fascinating and have not seen them for years owing to them not running on later versions of windows.

DOSBox should work for most of your old games. I'm using it for Tomb Raider when I play it lately.

DOSBox should work for most of your old games. I'm using it for Tomb Raider when I play it lately.

I was just looking into running the game 7th guest. I find my copy is for dos 5. But I also found it on the Internet revamped for windows up to windows 7. I remember it being a very good game so I might buy the updated version.

Edit: I downloaded the game from Amazon since I posted the above, and it only cost £3

Last edited:
Just heard a pack of coyotes raising holy hell out in the back yard. Sounded really close. Maybe they took a deer down out there.
Just glad Hobbes was safely inside at the time.

Man, their shrieking was ringing all through these mountains -- from inside I thought some neighbors up the hill were bludgeoning each other. It was enough to wake the dead. :eek:

Forum List

Back