USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just thought I would let y'all know I am taking a wee break for a bit. Bad night last night with Karma being sick (tummy ache), and I am not only worn out staying up with her all night and running to the vet this morning, it is just adding to the negativity I am feeling when I come here to this board. Not this thread, but unfortunately it is in the board.
Too much going on in the world, too much sadness, too much anger (on myself as well) at what is going on all over earth...and it is affecting me. So...I will be binging on tv shows, concentrating on Karma, and playing with Pinterest and Twitter and places that just show oodles of nice pics, funny stuff or where words are not really needed.

Vet said Karma is just having a bellyache, took some tests. Meanwhile I am in flareup mode again, tired, and just burned out from fatigue. So if I am not around...you now know why.

I'll be back when I get back to my ornery normal self.

Hugs
Don't go to other places than the CS!!

Just heard a pack of coyotes raising holy hell out in the back yard. Sounded really close. Maybe they took a deer down out there.
Just glad Hobbes was safely inside at the time.

Man, their shrieking was ringing all through these mountains -- from inside I thought some neighbors up the hill were bludgeoning each other. It was enough to wake the dead. :eek:
Good for Hobbes!! I haven't dealt with coyotes, but I've had foxes take some of my cats. I have seen coyotes out near the airport, though.

Just thought I would let y'all know I am taking a wee break for a bit. Bad night last night with Karma being sick (tummy ache), and I am not only worn out staying up with her all night and running to the vet this morning, it is just adding to the negativity I am feeling when I come here to this board. Not this thread, but unfortunately it is in the board.
Too much going on in the world, too much sadness, too much anger (on myself as well) at what is going on all over earth...and it is affecting me. So...I will be binging on tv shows, concentrating on Karma, and playing with Pinterest and Twitter and places that just show oodles of nice pics, funny stuff or where words are not really needed.

Vet said Karma is just having a bellyache, took some tests. Meanwhile I am in flareup mode again, tired, and just burned out from fatigue. So if I am not around...you now know why.

Hugs

I completely agree with Gracie. I sense the same thing. Only difference is she's smart enough to walk away, and I'm not.

Well, while I understand and don't fault those who need to take a break, I don't see any point to thumbing my nose at everybody just because some people decide to be numbnuts, idiots, and jerks. So I'm gonna stay here and appreciate all you wonderful people in the Coffee Shop as long as you'll put up with me. Those who expect us to arrange things just as they want them will continue to be disappointed as it has been for the last five years, but those who come in and add their humanness and spirit and humor or whatever will continue to bless us all. For sure those who quit the board or the Coffee Shop for that matter don't punish anybody but the people who like them.
Begging forgiveness....I've been pretty busy and hope to catch up here in the CS soon.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's sore hand,
Drifter's loss of his beloved fur friend,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

th

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Where did you find that picture, 'Homes built in poor locations'? :lol:
Poor location? Damned if that doesn't look optimal to me!...

The dinner was meh....... Seems both of us are still not big turkey fans, made the mistake of using the gravy packet that came with the bird, big mistake...... Even though the pie mix called for 3/4 cups of sugar per pie and I used 1/3 cup each the pies were still waaaaayyyyyy too sweet. Maybe I'll use the left over turkey for tetrazzini, ala king and pot pies.
The stuffing was great as was the rice and the green beans so all was not a loss, I made broth out of the bones, etc after carving up and putting the turkey meat away so I have enough to make real homemade gravy.

You could always have ham or anything you want! There is no law that you HAVE to eat turkey even if you don't like it. ;)
Prime rib!! I prefer red meat...

Just heard a pack of coyotes raising holy hell out in the back yard. Sounded really close. Maybe they took a deer down out there.

Man, their shrieking was ringing all through these mountains -- from inside I thought some neighbors up the hill were bludgeoning each other. It was enough to wake the dead. :eek:

Last year (or possibly early this year, my sense of time is horrible) I was out walking the dog late at night. We have a dog in the neighborhood that is outside almost 24/7. I was reading my book under a street light, watching my little dog from the corner of my eye, when I heard the neighborhood dog barking wildly and running down the street. I turned toward the sound and saw the dog coming straight toward me. I wasn't sure what it was doing, coming to attack me or what, I braced myself to perhaps have to fight it off. The dog ran past me, still barking over and over. Coming up behind it, also running fast, was a coyote. When it got close to me it seemed to notice I was there and veered off into the trees.

The little chiuhuahua I was walking didn't notice any of this until the coyote was already gone into the trees. :p

Truly outrageous here...it's more like March than November. I was trapped by ice at my place this past week. It's been over freezing for a week now and the snow has turned to ice and now it's gone away...for the most part. This sucks. We're geared up for snow and ice and now we have springtime!

The dinner was meh....... Seems both of us are still not big turkey fans, made the mistake of using the gravy packet that came with the bird, big mistake...... Even though the pie mix called for 3/4 cups of sugar per pie and I used 1/3 cup each the pies were still waaaaayyyyyy too sweet. Maybe I'll use the left over turkey for tetrazzini, ala king and pot pies.
The stuffing was great as was the rice and the green beans so all was not a loss, I made broth out of the bones, etc after carving up and putting the turkey meat away so I have enough to make real homemade gravy.

You could always have ham or anything you want! There is no law that you HAVE to eat turkey even if you don't like it. ;)
Prime rib!! I prefer red meat...
I like mine pink....... :eusa_whistle:

Hugs

I completely agree with Gracie. I sense the same thing. Only difference is she's smart enough to walk away, and I'm not.

Well, while I understand and don't fault those who need to take a break, I don't see any point to thumbing my nose at everybody just because some people decide to be numbnuts, idiots, and jerks. So I'm gonna stay here and appreciate all you wonderful people in the Coffee Shop as long as you'll put up with me. Those who expect us to arrange things just as they want them will continue to be disappointed as it has been for the last five years, but those who come in and add their humanness and spirit and humor or whatever will continue to bless us all. For sure those who quit the board or the Coffee Shop for that matter don't punish anybody but the people who like them.
Begging forgiveness....I've been pretty busy and hope to catch up here in the CS soon.

Holy cow, you have nothing to apologize for GW. Probably none of us are as busy as you are or working as many jobs, so I appreciate what time you can find for us here.

Truly outrageous here...it's more like March than November. I was trapped by ice at my place this past week. It's been over freezing for a week now and the snow has turned to ice and now it's gone away...for the most part. This sucks. We're geared up for snow and ice and now we have springtime!

And as the saying goes, this too shall pass? May not be in our lifetime though. Daughter is putting up with persistent drought in California, son has been dodging tornadoes in Texas very unusual for this time of year, and here in Albuquerque the leaves stayed green on the trees weeks after they normally would have turned. Unusual? It probably isn't--we just forget how things were several years later.

Karma and I thank you for your prayers. She is doing much better. Liver is still wonky, but she is not a zombie any more, and is resting peacefully now. She is much better.

:)

1zwgj1k.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
None of us live forever. May your Karma have you to ease her way to the Rainbow Bridge.

That is true and no fur friend will have been better loved than Gracie's Karma, but I'm pretty sure we aren't quite ready for Karma to make that trip just yet,

Oh my. As we sort of have helped Hobbes grow up over all these months, how terrible it would be to lose him that way. But when we lived up on the mountain, I chose to adopt a larger dog that would not be at risk from the golden eagles, owls, and foxes, but he would have been no match for a determined coyote. And it took a very smart cat to survive outside up there. We did have our entire acreage behind the house enclosed with coyote fence so there wasn't much danger when the dog was out there.

Oh my. As we sort of have helped Hobbes grow up over all these months, how terrible it would be to lose him that way. But when we lived up on the mountain, I chose to adopt a larger dog that would not be at risk from the golden eagles, owls, and foxes, but he would have been no match for a determined coyote. And it took a very smart cat to survive outside up there. We did have our entire acreage behind the house enclosed with coyote fence so there wasn't much danger when the dog was out there.

I've heard coyote around here before but only once or twice over the years, and off in the distance. This time they seemed to be right in my back yard (which is completely rustic woods bordering a federal forest and frequented by deer and other critters).

I'll take a walk in the daylight to see if I can find evidence of anything, but I'll lock Hobbes up first. He follows me like a dog if I don't.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Drifter's loss of his beloved fur friend,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

anna.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back