USMB Coffee Shop IV

I am sure everyone does this , I DVR shows and binge watch them..lol in the back round of being on the internet.

I do too Eaglewings. I have several favorite movies on DVR, some that I also have on DVD, so that I can watch them at will and I will watch a favorite movie or Star Trek episode or whatever over and over until I'm finally tired of it. Then I'll take a few weeks or months break on that movie or whatever and then do it all over again. These are movies I usually watch until I go to sleep. I wake up and they're over, and I reset them and go again. Takes a few nights to see a whole movie that way sometimes. :)

I do that too, lol
I absolutely hate commercials.. After going back to school and studied addiction I realized just how much some of these commercials affected my shopping. Like brainwashing people slowly to buy their product. Makes angry, unless if they are funny.
I'm unsellable, no one can persuade me to buy anything I don't already want, and I know all the sales tricks. As for commercials I find some funny, some banally insipid and the rest just ignorable. When the wife is watching TV she mutes the commercials, I rarely watch TV, so it's not really an issue for me. I prevent pop ups on my browser and run Adblock, any spam I receive in my email accounts are reported to Google and I dropped Yahoo and AOL because of their approved targeted spamming.
Dropped Windows 10 because it's really adware disguised as an operating system and I won't use Apple for the same reason and I don't put apps on my cell phone that advertise.

I've got a bridge I want to sell you! Don't forget, I'm doing this for YOU because it's such a great deal. Buy now or lose your discounted price! :D
Why would I buy a bridge I already own........ :eusa_whistle:

12278764_767796466685560_4236019684519747032_n.jpg

I am sure everyone does this , I DVR shows and binge watch them..lol in the back round of being on the internet.

I do too Eaglewings. I have several favorite movies on DVR, some that I also have on DVD, so that I can watch them at will and I will watch a favorite movie or Star Trek episode or whatever over and over until I'm finally tired of it. Then I'll take a few weeks or months break on that movie or whatever and then do it all over again. These are movies I usually watch until I go to sleep. I wake up and they're over, and I reset them and go again. Takes a few nights to see a whole movie that way sometimes. :)

I do that too, lol
I absolutely hate commercials.. After going back to school and studied addiction I realized just how much some of these commercials affected my shopping. Like brainwashing people slowly to buy their product. Makes angry, unless if they are funny.
I'm unsellable, no one can persuade me to buy anything I don't already want, and I know all the sales tricks. As for commercials I find some funny, some banally insipid and the rest just ignorable. When the wife is watching TV she mutes the commercials, I rarely watch TV, so it's not really an issue for me. I prevent pop ups on my browser and run Adblock, any spam I receive in my email accounts are reported to Google and I dropped Yahoo and AOL because of their approved targeted spamming.
Dropped Windows 10 because it's really adware disguised as an operating system and I won't use Apple for the same reason and I don't put apps on my cell phone that advertise.

I've got a bridge I want to sell you! Don't forget, I'm doing this for YOU because it's such a great deal. Buy now or lose your discounted price! :D
Why would I buy a bridge I already own........ :eusa_whistle:

This bridge is the BEST bridge you have ever seen. It is one of a kind! Let me help you get it at a greatly discounted price now! I would hate to see you miss out on this great offer! So, just give me your credit card info, and it could be yours tomorrow! Okay? :)

Have a good one, when you get back ...did you have surgery?

Yes, in September, but I have a severe frozen left shoulder I believe mostly unrelated to the surgery and we've been working on that for awhile. It is painfully--literally painfully :)--slow progress, but we're gradually getting there.

I am dealing with a similar thing, I had surgery last June, in my armpit, my underarm froze and had to lift my arm over my head for radiation. It was so painful, but now my armpit is unfrozen... :)

This happened before my surgery and was fairly short lived and was mostly resolving. But when I had the surgery, something happened and the adhesive capsulitis returned with a vengeance. I am completely recovered from the surgery now but still dealing with the shoulder. The physical therapist and orthopedic both told me that they really don't know what causes it or how to cure it. The light cases usually resolve on their own sometimes in days or a few weeks, but the more severe ones like my case take months or sometimes years. Physical therapy does seem to speed up the process though and almost all cases do eventually resolve.

I trust your treatment was satisfactory though? There are several cancer survivors among us here.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm off to physical therapy, which I am beginning to think I don't need formal PT sessions any more. I have the equipment to do the routines at home and we're to the point the therapist asks me what I want to do today. If she/he doesn't know what I need to do to today, why do I need to pay for physical therapy?

Hope everything is going well!

It is frustratingly slow, but yes all is going well. Progress is measured in tiny pieces but I am making progress.

Are you able to drive comfortably now?

I'm able to drive with more confidence now but my left arm still doesn't work right so I have to improvise a lot. But I can drive without excruciating pain but I wouldn't say it is really comfortable yet.

Apparently three confirmed winners of the lottery now. Like Blackhawk, I didn't get a single number. But then I didn't buy a ticket either so. . . .

Well the finishing touches on the Vietnamese bedroom continue. These are not disruptive, but purely decorative. The new mattress and box spring were delivered Tuesday afternoon amid a blazing blizzard. All credit goes to the intrepid deliver men who carried the new bedding through the snow and across the ice that paves the street in front of the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate. These new mattresses are substantially thicker than any bedding I've ever slept upon. The box spring is standard height which makes the bed damn near impossible to climb into. The height of the mattress from the floor is four feet. I understand that in tony, stylish homes, some folks have hired teams of Sherpas to assist them in summiting their mattresses. I am thinking of engineering a funicular railway to ascend the bed.

Don't fret. The mattress store has be called and a new 'low profile' box spring has been ordered.

Well the finishing touches on the Vietnamese bedroom continue. These are not disruptive, but purely decorative. The new mattress and box spring were delivered Tuesday afternoon amid a blazing blizzard. All credit goes to the intrepid deliver men who carried the new bedding through the snow and across the ice that paves the street in front of the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate. These new mattresses are substantially thicker than any bedding I've ever slept upon. The box spring is standard height which makes the bed damn near impossible to climb into. The height of the mattress from the floor is four feet. I understand that in tony, stylish homes, some folks have hired teams of Sherpas to assist them in summiting their mattresses. I am thinking of engineering a funicular railway to ascend the bed.

Don't fret. The mattress store has be called and a new 'low profile' box spring has been ordered.

Order some bed rails?

Forum List

Back