USMB Coffee Shop IV

First I have ever heard of the "no cat" rule for CS.

Which is fine. I didn't mean to turn it in to one.

So. Good to know.

The Coffee Shop is friendly to all friends, dog lovers, cat lovers, goat lovers, bird lovers, gerbils, hampsters, imaginary friends, and of course Saveliberty who we have come to accept as a cat. I seem to be the only one who has no other critter at all to live with except for Hombre of course, and I'm not going anywhere. :)

ChrisL , will the wild weather in DC up to Jersey get as far north as you are?

The only thing I've seen for your area is this. :)

"]Massive Blizzard to Hit Massachusetts on Saturday January 23, 2016 - YouTube

Nope, we only got about 3 or 4 inches, THANKFULLY! :D I was dreading getting feet of snow, so I'm very happy that we only got a little. I'm not the best driver in the snow! :lol: I get kind of scared.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. Kat
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan, Noomi, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

3234264732_262192e997.jpg

Just got back from Ruidoso, hit a couple of antique stores and junk shops, had lunch in Alomogordo before we drove up the mountain. Figured we'd only spend $10 to $20 on used books, etc......... Nope, I found a proper 1800s hat, a relatively modern copy of an original made by Bitterroot Buffalo hats (no longer in business), fits perfectly and is a 5X beaver....... $47 dollars, that's right a reproduction hat in awesome shape made of 5X beaver for $47 dollars....... Couldn't let it go as reproduction 5X beaver hats go from $250 to $500.........
Looks like this one only with matching color hatband and brim trim. :thup:

HAT_STYLE5_copy.gif

Mine is sand colored like the one in the picture tough mine has a proper same colored silk hat band and brim trim.

Ohhh, very dapper! :D

I thought it was against the Coffee Shop rules to discuss cats in a post... Mrs. BBD has four cats - two inside the house and two outside barn cats. I personally do not own any cats. Owning a cat does not make you a "bad person" per sey but it does make me wonder. With the exception of 007, I think cat owners all are prone to mental difficulties. To be a truly well-rounded person in today's world, you must own at least one dog. I will use Nosmo King and SFC Ollie as examples. Each is a very fine gentleman, intelligent, kind, trustworthy, thrifty and all the other things that any good Boy Scout would be noted for. I won't mention myself because this post isn't about me... So, with all of this said, I will quickly run and hide for a few days until the cat lovers forget that I made this post!
Well-rounded persons own at least one of each, a cat and a dog. I wonder what you thing of people who add other things into the mix, like goats?

I have a rabbit. What's that say? :D

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. Kat
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan, Noomi, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

3234264732_262192e997.jpg

I'm getting tired. I went to give this a thank you, and I gave it a funny instead. Lol. :D

ChrisL , will the wild weather in DC up to Jersey get as far north as you are?

The only thing I've seen for your area is this. :)

"]Massive Blizzard to Hit Massachusetts on Saturday January 23, 2016 - YouTube

Nope, we only got about 3 or 4 inches, THANKFULLY! :D I was dreading getting feet of snow, so I'm very happy that we only got a little. I'm not the best driver in the snow! :lol: I get kind of scared.

My son made it down the mountain to get to work and his mother made it up to dog sit, but there has been 14" of the evil white stuff since then. I'm thinking both of them will wait a bit before tackling the road up West Rock.

WestRock_0001.JPG

Obviously, the road doesn't go up this side, but climbs from the right. It'd a great area, convenient to New Haven and Hamden, but a bear in the winter.

I thought it was against the Coffee Shop rules to discuss cats in a post... Mrs. BBD has four cats - two inside the house and two outside barn cats. I personally do not own any cats. Owning a cat does not make you a "bad person" per sey but it does make me wonder. With the exception of 007, I think cat owners all are prone to mental difficulties. To be a truly well-rounded person in today's world, you must own at least one dog. I will use Nosmo King and SFC Ollie as examples. Each is a very fine gentleman, intelligent, kind, trustworthy, thrifty and all the other things that any good Boy Scout would be noted for. I won't mention myself because this post isn't about me... So, with all of this said, I will quickly run and hide for a few days until the cat lovers forget that I made this post!
Well-rounded persons own at least one of each, a cat and a dog. I wonder what you thing of people who add other things into the mix, like goats?

I have a rabbit. What's that say? :D
You're nobody 'til some bunny loves you!

First I have ever heard of the "no cat" rule for CS.

Which is fine. I didn't mean to turn it in to one.

So. Good to know.

BBD just has a fear of cats. I suspect one of my clan scratched his nose once or twice. Since he seems to have many redeeming qualities beyond just this one flaw, I have accepted him as a good dog.

Good to hear some of you didn't get the snow they called for, sorry to hear some of you didn't get the snow you wanted. Glad to see GW is alright, hope there's minimal damage to deal with. Heck it's good to hear everyone seems to be handling all their individual situations/happenings fine.
One thing I learned yesterday in Ruidoso is Fort Stanton, about 17 miles up the road from Ruidoso is one of the best preserved forts and has frequent reenactments/living histories. :thup:

Forum List

Back