USMB Coffee Shop IV

Having a great day today. The sun is shining, I've got some time to myself. My wife returns home after being gone a week. Enjoying life Wishing you all the same.

22804146.jpg

I'm pooped! Got up at...gasp...8:30am to hit a yard sale that wasn't even going on due to the seller being an idiot. So..I busied myself with taking a LONG walk on the beach with the dogs, then moved the patio furniture out of the shed back to the yard, then got the dresser set up and ready to sand and then spackle holes in it then paint, then I did a wee bit of yard work, did all the wash, cooked breakfast, hung up my cool sarong drapes, went back outside for awhile and now I wanna lay down on my hippie bed next to my sarong hippie drapes and take a nap! But I don't dare. I won't sleep tonight if I do.

Probably not. Aren't we both those little islands off the CA coast? Neither are really part of CONUS.

Ah well we all have our cross to bear. The New Mexico state government still receives queries from U.S. citizens elsewhere wanting to know if a visa is required to visit here, and it is not uncommon for New Mexicans to order something from another state and being advised that they cannot ship to a foreign country. The New Mexico Magazine runs a regular feature: "One of our 50 is missing."
No surprises. Loads of online "operators" assume the 'AL' is the abbreviation for Alaska.

FYI DIY tip!
Want a perky look in yer bedroom that has some color? Fold a sarong in half lengthwise, stitch long ends together, use as body pillow cover! I am working on one right now and it's going to look awesome!

I'm pooped! Got up at...gasp...8:30am to hit a yard sale that wasn't even going on due to the seller being an idiot. So..I busied myself with taking a LONG walk on the beach with the dogs, then moved the patio furniture out of the shed back to the yard, then got the dresser set up and ready to sand and then spackle holes in it then paint, then I did a wee bit of yard work, did all the wash, cooked breakfast, hung up my cool sarong drapes, went back outside for awhile and now I wanna lay down on my hippie bed next to my sarong hippie drapes and take a nap! But I don't dare. I won't sleep tonight if I do.

I had you down for the late shift anyways...

Ugh, I'm not doing well with the free Java course I'm taking. I just got done with the third section. At the end of each section is an exam. At the end of section 1 I got a 90% on the exam. Section 2 I got a 75%. This time I got a 67%.

Admittedly, after I saw the correct answers and a little bit of the reasons for them, I understood, and one wrong question I really should have gotten right but I lost track of things, but still. That's a definite downward trend and I am thinking I may not be able to remember all of this programming crap; when I'm done (if I finish) will I have any clue how to do the basic things I learned in the beginning?

This is just making me pessimistic about my ability to finish any sort of degree and remember the majority of the information. It's not like I'm going to enjoy any class I take; it's just a means to an end, that being a job when I can't nanny anymore.

I'm intelligent enough to understand how things work (particularly with a good teacher, which admittedly I don't really have in this Java class) but I don't trust my memory for things I don't enjoy.

Ah, all the reasons that I'm not an overly happy person come to the fore when I have to worry about how I will deal with the future when my situation changes. :blowup:

On a happier note, the little one did great in karate today. She got new stripes on her belt and will be testing to go up in color next week. She's still a 6 year old girl who's only taken a dozen or so classes, but she does a very good job while she's with her sensei. If only I could get her to practice at home.....

Why do fishermen leave this out of the fish story?
I dunno? Does that look like a "biggun" to you?
I was taught about hunting that there's bragging deer and eating deer.
When I hunt for me, eating deer (moose) are sufficient. When guiding out-of-state trophy hunters, bragging deer (moose) are required.
You gotta move it and process it. It should taste good.

I had you down for the late shift anyways...
I fell asleep cuddling with Karma. I hope it didn't fuck up my sleep tonight. :(

I can't use a cane. Leaning on the top kills my wrists, so my trekking pole doubles as a cane cuz I can grip it sideways and it has a strap attached to help support my wrist.

Ugh, I'm not doing well with the free Java course I'm taking. I just got done with the third section. At the end of each section is an exam. At the end of section 1 I got a 90% on the exam. Section 2 I got a 75%. This time I got a 67%.

Admittedly, after I saw the correct answers and a little bit of the reasons for them, I understood, and one wrong question I really should have gotten right but I lost track of things, but still. That's a definite downward trend and I am thinking I may not be able to remember all of this programming crap; when I'm done (if I finish) will I have any clue how to do the basic things I learned in the beginning?

This is just making me pessimistic about my ability to finish any sort of degree and remember the majority of the information. It's not like I'm going to enjoy any class I take; it's just a means to an end, that being a job when I can't nanny anymore.

I'm intelligent enough to understand how things work (particularly with a good teacher, which admittedly I don't really have in this Java class) but I don't trust my memory for things I don't enjoy.

Ah, all the reasons that I'm not an overly happy person come to the fore when I have to worry about how I will deal with the future when my situation changes. :blowup:

On a happier note, the little one did great in karate today. She got new stripes on her belt and will be testing to go up in color next week. She's still a 6 year old girl who's only taken a dozen or so classes, but she does a very good job while she's with her sensei. If only I could get her to practice at home.....
Some people do better in a real classroom environment with certain subjects, I'm one of those, especially with some of the more advanced techie stuff.

I can't use a cane. Leaning on the top kills my wrists, so my trekking pole doubles as a cane cuz I can grip it sideways and it has a strap attached to help support my wrist.
Whereas with me gripping a trekking pole makes my hands go numb.

Montrovant, it is not about remembering everything you learned, it is being exposed to all of it so it is easier to relearn if your job requires it. For instance I may not remember if a plant has a cell wall or not, but the fact I know there is a question to be answered puts me ahead of someone that never heard of one.

Good morning, coffee shoppers! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! I took a few more pictures yesterday just before sunset because I wanted to capture the sparkling snow. You really can't see the sparkling, but the pictures are pretty nonetheless. Enjoy those of you who like the snow! :)

Snapshot_20160205_3.JPG
Snapshot_20160205_5.JPG
Snapshot_20160205_9.JPG
Snapshot_20160205_12.JPG

Forum List

Back