USMB Coffee Shop IV

And here it is almost 2 pm and I can't see a thing I have accomplished. And I don't care. :)

12742706_811850865625109_7152852580666312465_n.jpg

I've actually been a little productive today. Vacuum and mopped a bit of the floor and shaved the cat. Now I'm going to watch something on TV. :)

And here it is almost 2 pm and I can't see a thing I have accomplished. And I don't care. :)

12742706_811850865625109_7152852580666312465_n.jpg

I've actually been a little productive today. Vacuum and mopped a bit of the floor and shaved the cat. Now I'm going to watch something on TV. :)

I certainly approve not overdoing on Saturdays. (or any other day of the week.)

Good morning everybody though it is already afternoon for most of you, and evening for Dajjal and our other Europeans. And if Noomi still reads in from time to time, it is Sunday at her place.

Hope all are having a good weekend. I understand planning an outing but when the time comes, doing nothing looks a lot better. And yes, there is almost always a next time.

For your morning quiz:

12715967_912645838855043_5329752425025417022_o.jpg

I found the two J's in about thirty seconds or less, and I saw the duck and the rabbit straight away. I was a painter and have always been good at visual tests. Here is one of my paintings to prove it.
$The-eclipse-2.jpg

Good morning everybody though it is already afternoon for most of you, and evening for Dajjal and our other Europeans. And if Noomi still reads in from time to time, it is Sunday at her place.

Hope all are having a good weekend. I understand planning an outing but when the time comes, doing nothing looks a lot better. And yes, there is almost always a next time.

For your morning quiz:

12715967_912645838855043_5329752425025417022_o.jpg

I found the two J's in about thirty seconds or less, and I saw the duck and the rabbit straight away. I was a painter and have always been good at visual tests. Here is one of my paintings to prove it.
View attachment 64176

Oh I like that Dajjal. I wonder if you came out right brained on the test? I did (for the first time ever in a test like that) where EVERYBODYelse in the Coffee Shop tested predominantly left brained. I'm pretty sure I'm still predominantly left brained but I do have my creative side I think and being predominantly right brained could be necessary for those who make their living in art, music, creative games, architecture, fashion design, sports, etc. etc. etc. We need both kinds of people in the world, though I suppose it would naturally be more left brained folks who would be attracted to a political message board.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Mr. Kat
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
Sherry’s Mom,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan, Noomi, Spoonman, Freedombecki, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

th

I'm moving kind of slow this morning. We decided to play hooky from church and sleep in and I took full advantage of that. Still not getting uninterrupted sleep that we all need but hopefully that will get better as my shoulder improves. According to Hombre's sleep doctor, not sleeping deeply; i.e. tossing and turning and frequent awakening results in more trips to the bathroom during the night too which doesn't help. But I probably manage to get six to eight hours of sleep in the process and I'll take what I can get.

Anyhow it is a bright sunny day in Albuquerque and our springlike weather -- high 60's to low 70's -- continues. Crocus and daffodils are up all over town and the early tulips are starting to appear--and four weeks of winter left.

Okay everybody. Let's settle this issue once and for all. Which is the perfectly toasted toast?

12715670_1025036380876447_1257745995101797766_n.jpg
Somewhere between 15 and 16.

For me, when I have toast for breakfast with butter and/or preserves, I want it pretty toasty so would go for an 11 or 15. When I want the bread toasted for sandwiches, I want it less crisp so would opt for 12 or 16.

Okay everybody. Let's settle this issue once and for all. Which is the perfectly toasted toast?

12715670_1025036380876447_1257745995101797766_n.jpg
Somewhere between 15 and 16.

For me, when I have toast for breakfast with butter and/or preserves, I want it pretty toasty so would go for an 11 or 15. When I want the bread toasted for sandwiches, I want it less crisp so would opt for 12 or 16.
That's why there is no such thing a a singularly perfectly toasted slice of bread, it's subjective based on personal taste. :thup:

About two weeks ago my brother's MIL passed away. This last week a prior employee died at 32 without life insurance and a baby on the way. Also A friend's SIL and a local business leader I have known since high school.

Fortunately all my relatives and friends in Kalamazoo, MI remained safe yesterday.

Forum List

Back