USMB Coffee Shop IV

Gray skies with some rain forecast here today, but into the high 40s!

Frost laws go into effect Monday, which is the earliest here in a long long time.

Frost laws?

Yes, we fine nature if winter comes back...

The roads are fragile when frost starts to come out of the ground. There are weight restrictions on trucks to help keep them from breaking apart too much.

Wow. I never thought of that. I wonder if Kansas ever heard of that remedy to prevent some of the explosion of new potholes we used to get every spring.

Now in the world of weird and wild bedrooms, how about this one? And yes, you are right. The bed is in the end of the swimming pool. My main gripe is that it looks like it is really far from the bathroom and if you forget where you are in the middle of the night, it could give a whole new definition to 'wet dreams'.

th

Last edited:
Good morning everybody. It is Friday again and
Well that was nice, 9 1/2 hours sleep, first time in weeks. Now I feel like I could go back to bed and sleep another 9 1/2 hours....... :lol:

Seems the trick is Peach lost sleep and it was given to Ringel.
I'm happy that you got a good nights sleep for a change. :)

I think he got some of mine too. Returning to the bed to sleep is good for parts of me but I wake up every couple of hours with my shoulder screaming HELP and I have to get up and shake it out to get it feeling normal again. So a good night's sleep has been pretty elusive. This too shall pass. I did note 'funny' on your posting re the kitty but did not mean that to apply to your poor aching back.

That's fine I knew what you meant. :)

Decided on this one and have been messing with it since last night and this afternoon.
Left thumb is 3 times its size...so...gotta stop for the day.

laminate-furniture-can-be-beautiful-too-hand-painted-willow-dresser-painted-furniture.1.JPG

Now in the world of weird and wild bedrooms, how about this one? And yes, you are right. The bed is in the end of the swimming pool. My main gripe is that it looks like it is really far from the bathroom and if you forget where you are in the middle of the night, it could give a whole new definition to 'wet dreams'.

th

Falling into the pool would probably work better than an alarm clock in the morning!!! :lol:

th

Falling into the pool would probably work better than an alarm clock in the morning!!! :lol:

For sure. But I wonder how many times I would forget where I was before I was really careful which direction I went when I got out of bed?

Basically just put together a sack coat (1830s thru 1870s), made it out of muslin and canvas and it's in the dye bath right now, going for dark brown.
Looks similar to this one;

sack%20coat.jpg

I am properly impressed. There are some significant tailoring and sewing machine skills there.

Basically just put together a sack coat (1830s thru 1870s), made it out of muslin and canvas and it's in the dye bath right now, going for dark brown.

sack%20coat.jpg

I am properly impressed. There are some significant tailoring and sewing machine skills there.
That one was fairly simple as I didn't really line it just using the muslin interfacing as a liner. The one I made is a little too short, about 2 inches short as I guessed the length instead of actually measuring. I'll order the sack coat pattern and make one in proper wool and properly line it.

Mailbox lid is flipping up in the wind. Cat bowl is visiting Buffalo, NY. Suppose to be like this until morning. Scattered power outages around the county.

sack%20coat.jpg

That one was fairly simple as I didn't really line it just using the muslin interfacing as a liner. The one I made is a little too short, about 2 inches short as I guessed the length instead of actually measuring. I'll order the sack coat pattern and make one in proper wool and properly line it.

Post pictures of it when you're done! :)

Forum List

Back