USMB Coffee Shop IV

Pyrenees dogs? You got some? Or are there such things as pyrenees goats? I must confess..I don't know much about goats at all except they will head butt ya or try to climb you like yer a mountain, lol.
Great Pyrenees, they are LGDs (livestock guardian dogs) bred for generations to take care of flocks and herds in the Pyrenees Mountains between Spain and France. My Roxie is primo at her job. They are not herding dogs. Big, white and beautiful, they are...
Goats don't buttcha, and only the poorly educated goats will try to climb you. They are really kinda cool.

Good morning everybody. Hombre and I are making out a short grocery list for the lemon pie and a new recipe for a Mexican casserole that I will make for our luncheon guests who will be here to play 42 tomorrow. It is fun to have friends who enjoy trying new recipes so we both do our experimenting with each other. So far there hasn't been a total disaster but there's always a first time, so positive vibes will be appreciated. :)
My buddy and I like trying new recipes when our turn rolls around to cook Sunday night dinner. It's just a real shame his GF isn't as adventurous. It's easier to keep the short list of things she will eat than to try to remember everything she won't eat. As for her nights to cook, I've grown accustomed to readjusting my expectations.
What is 42, Foxy? Is that like 21 doubled-down?

It's a domino bidding game with 5 and 10 count dominos the only ones you count. Each player draws 7 dominos and bids starting at 30 according to how many points they think they and their partner can collect. They have to call trump aces through sixes or some other variations of the game. If you bid 42 (or doubles of 42) you and your partner have to take every trick or in the case of nello, you cannot catch any trick. And there are some other variations.

It is actually a Texas game--I've never known anybody who never lived in Texas or who doesn't have Texas relatives who play it. Great fast paced game though.
Interesting, I'll have to look into it. When I go up to my "country" place, I'm taking a keg of beer and hoping some of my friends from work will show up to learn (or play) cribbage. 42 might be a neat alternative if I can find the rules.

Well....news, but not much different than original news.
Went and paid the rent. He answered the door and looked like death walking. I was shocked but hid it. In his PJ's, unwashed hair, teeth out, red eyes, grumpy as hell. I asked if he had like 3 minutes to talk and he said no. I said ok, but...does he want more rent starting April 1st to make him more at ease? He said no. I asked "are you sure? It will not be a problem" and he said no. Then he started to shut the door then re opened it and said "when things get better on my end, I will be ready to chat with you. Just keep doing what you have been doing..paying the rent and taking care of my house as we originally agreed 10 years ago", then shut the door...quite firmly. In other words...GO AWAY. So I did.

I give him 6 months to a year. He is REALLY sick and has been for some time. So...since my roomie gave notice, I just placed another ad. I guess I will go to Plan B...which is to do exactly what he said...stay put until he says otherwise or until his family comes banging on the door with a For Sale sign in their hand. But I might put Plan C into action before that happens by prepping ourselves to move "some time in the future" and have less to haul or sell or worry about.

So in essence..I guess it is good news? We have as long as he lives...which is uncertain. But have a nose for these things. He does not have long. So we must be prepared for that day. Or just give him his house back sooner rather than later while he is still upright.
Seems like you have some extra time to plan, but I'd be looking at alternatives. Even if you can stay until he goes, what are the chances that his inheritors will be so tolerant? I feel for you Gracie, I really do.

Went and paid the rent. He answered the door and looked like death walking. I was shocked but hid it. In his PJ's, unwashed hair, teeth out, red eyes, grumpy as hell. I asked if he had like 3 minutes to talk and he said no. I said ok, but...does he want more rent starting April 1st to make him more at ease? He said no. I asked "are you sure? It will not be a problem" and he said no. Then he started to shut the door then re opened it and said "when things get better on my end, I will be ready to chat with you. Just keep doing what you have been doing..paying the rent and taking care of my house as we originally agreed 10 years ago", then shut the door...quite firmly. In other words...GO AWAY. So I did.

I give him 6 months to a year. He is REALLY sick and has been for some time. So...since my roomie gave notice, I just placed another ad. I guess I will go to Plan B...which is to do exactly what he said...stay put until he says otherwise or until his family comes banging on the door with a For Sale sign in their hand. But I might put Plan C into action before that happens by prepping ourselves to move "some time in the future" and have less to haul or sell or worry about.

So in essence..I guess it is good news? We have as long as he lives...which is uncertain. But have a nose for these things. He does not have long. So we must be prepared for that day. Or just give him his house back sooner rather than later while he is still upright.
Seems like you have some extra time to plan, but I'd be looking at alternatives. Even if you can stay until he goes, what are the chances that his inheritors will be so tolerant? I feel for you Gracie, I really do.
I know. That's why I am in the process of and have started Plan F (Fucking Be Prepared).
I have to just continue on as I have been....and planning as I do it. MrG is not fazed. This is all on me and it's hard. The only reaction I got out of him was when I said "I am planning on getting the hell out of here this summer..or fall...BEFORE winter. With, or without you". And I meant it.

Pyrenees dogs? You got some? Or are there such things as pyrenees goats? I must confess..I don't know much about goats at all except they will head butt ya or try to climb you like yer a mountain, lol.
Great Pyrenees, they are LGDs (livestock guardian dogs) bred for generations to take care of flocks and herds in the Pyrenees Mountains between Spain and France. My Roxie is primo at her job. They are not herding dogs. Big, white and beautiful, they are...
Goats don't buttcha, and only the poorly educated goats will try to climb you. They are really kinda cool.
I know abot Pyrenees. HUGE dogs. beautiful. A lady here in town rescues the senior dogs she finds in this county and the counties around us. Hers are very old, wobble alot, but so huggable!

:( :smiliehug::smiliehug:

Just had a quick chat with MrG. He actually said "yes. We need to go. Before fall if possible". So....now on to Plan C. But Plan C involves more time. So....day by day again. Sell stuff, save as much money as we can, find a place to land.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Just had a quick chat with MrG. He actually said "yes. We need to go. Before fall if possible". So....now on to Plan C. But Plan C involves more time. So....day by day again. Sell stuff, save as much money as we can, find a place to land.

Things will work out as they always do. So my prayers for you are not that things work out, but rather for strength and courage to get there. :)

Good morning everybody. Hombre and I are making out a short grocery list for the lemon pie and a new recipe for a Mexican casserole that I will make for our luncheon guests who will be here to play 42 tomorrow. It is fun to have friends who enjoy trying new recipes so we both do our experimenting with each other. So far there hasn't been a total disaster but there's always a first time, so positive vibes will be appreciated. :)
My buddy and I like trying new recipes when our turn rolls around to cook Sunday night dinner. It's just a real shame his GF isn't as adventurous. It's easier to keep the short list of things she will eat than to try to remember everything she won't eat. As for her nights to cook, I've grown accustomed to readjusting my expectations.
What is 42, Foxy? Is that like 21 doubled-down?

It's a domino bidding game with 5 and 10 count dominos the only ones you count. Each player draws 7 dominos and bids starting at 30 according to how many points they think they and their partner can collect. They have to call trump aces through sixes or some other variations of the game. If you bid 42 (or doubles of 42) you and your partner have to take every trick or in the case of nello, you cannot catch any trick. And there are some other variations.

It is actually a Texas game--I've never known anybody who never lived in Texas or who doesn't have Texas relatives who play it. Great fast paced game though.
Interesting, I'll have to look into it. When I go up to my "country" place, I'm taking a keg of beer and hoping some of my friends from work will show up to learn (or play) cribbage. 42 might be a neat alternative if I can find the rules.

Well you can play cribbage with two. You have to have four people for 42. I'm sure the rules are on line somewhere but if not, I'll try to help.

No time to be here much today--trying to get details worked out for our Senior Saints field trip and lunch next Tuesday, lunch and 42 with friends mid day, the debate--ugh--tonight plus marathon phone calls from others. Tired now but it is a good tired.

Good night darlinks! I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Mr. Kat
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
Sherry’s Mom,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan, Noomi, Spoonman, Freedombecki, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

0d258429.jpg

Tough day today, or is it yesterday? Sick to my stomach all day... never did get dressed left my bedroom only for the coffee I couldn't keep down. I finally managed to eat an English muffin an hour ago and I believe it will stay put.
I think it's the stress with both the strange woman who has taken up residence here and my daughter's hospitalization yesterday.
She went to the ER with dizziness and shortness of breath along with her odd ball jerky epileptic seizures I forget what they call them, but she's fully conscious and aware but has violent movements like Turette's syndrome of the extremities rather than of the mouth.

After all kinds of tests, the doctors wrote it off as an extreme anxiety attack. She's fine today and we spoke for an hour.

OK tried to post this just before 3 AM. Why does the board go down every night about this time?

Tough day today, or is it yesterday? Sick to my stomach all day... never did get dressed left my bedroom only for the coffee I couldn't keep down. I finally managed to eat an English muffin an hour ago and I believe it will stay put.
I think it's the stress with both the strange woman who has taken up residence here and my daughter's hospitalization yesterday.
She went to the ER with dizziness and shortness of breath along with her odd ball jerky epileptic seizures I forget what they call them, but she's fully conscious and aware but has violent movements like Turette's syndrome of the extremities rather than of the mouth.

After all kinds of tests, the doctors wrote it off as an extreme anxiety attack. She's fine today and we spoke for an hour.

OK tried to post this just before 3 AM. Why does the board go down every night about this time?

Feel better soon, Ernie! :)

Okay, so you just opened a fortune cookie and it says, "A great adventure awaits you."

Forum List

Back