USMB Coffee Shop IV

Tough day today, or is it yesterday? Sick to my stomach all day... never did get dressed left my bedroom only for the coffee I couldn't keep down. I finally managed to eat an English muffin an hour ago and I believe it will stay put.
I think it's the stress with both the strange woman who has taken up residence here and my daughter's hospitalization yesterday.
She went to the ER with dizziness and shortness of breath along with her odd ball jerky epileptic seizures I forget what they call them, but she's fully conscious and aware but has violent movements like Turette's syndrome of the extremities rather than of the mouth.

After all kinds of tests, the doctors wrote it off as an extreme anxiety attack. She's fine today and we spoke for an hour.

OK tried to post this just before 3 AM. Why does the board go down every night about this time?

Does your daughter live close to you? Can you stay there and watch her for a few days?

Tough day today, or is it yesterday? Sick to my stomach all day... never did get dressed left my bedroom only for the coffee I couldn't keep down. I finally managed to eat an English muffin an hour ago and I believe it will stay put.
I think it's the stress with both the strange woman who has taken up residence here and my daughter's hospitalization yesterday.
She went to the ER with dizziness and shortness of breath along with her odd ball jerky epileptic seizures I forget what they call them, but she's fully conscious and aware but has violent movements like Turette's syndrome of the extremities rather than of the mouth.

After all kinds of tests, the doctors wrote it off as an extreme anxiety attack. She's fine today and we spoke for an hour.

OK tried to post this just before 3 AM. Why does the board go down every night about this time?

Bummer Ernie but sending get well vibes. For you and your daughter. I've never had an anxiety attack but have dealt with close relatives who have and they are really scary.

Happy Friday! Yay! I have the WHOLE day off! :D

202247-Good-Morning-Happy-Friday-Minion.jpg

You've been putting in serious hours my friend. You deserve a day off.

Johannes Stötter is an artist unlike any other. Many of her paintings are just fascinating because they make you think like this one:

Johannes-Stotter-body-painting-teaser-600x776.jpg

But the ones so cleverly designed that the person incorporated into the picture are so difficult to detect. I think I found the person in the leaves, but I am still looking for the body of the model in the rocks. They swear it is there.

tumblr_mqlu7qtuGP1qdichco1_500-600x600.jpg

c1b1ca5cce338b6df157bb783b373321-600x902.jpg

Bummer Ernie but sending get well vibes. For you and your daughter. I've never had an anxiety attack but have dealt with close relatives who have and they are really scary.
For the past 28 years because of my PTSD medications I can't take any kind of pain medications. A dentist gave me some about 10 years ago and I wound up in the hospital 3 hours after I took them. Panic or anxiety attacks are no fun at all.

Johannes Stötter is an artist unlike any other. Many of her paintings are just fascinating because they make you think like this one:

But the ones so cleverly designed that the person incorporated into the picture are so difficult to detect. I think I found the person in the leaves, but I am still looking for the body of the model in the rocks. They swear it is there.

From the exact middle of the top of the photo about 3 inches down is a mouth, nose and chin of a person.

For the past 28 years because of my PTSD medications I can't take any kind of pain medications. A dentist gave me some about 10 years ago and I wound up in the hospital 3 hours after I took them. Panic or anxiety attacks are no fun at all.

Well let's hope for sure that you don't have any serious pain. You can't even take the nsaids? But though anxiety attacks are not shown to be a side effect of the codeine or ophoid pain killers - Vicodin, percocet etc. - I am 100% convinced they do trigger anxiety attacks in some people. We have called the ambulance twice due to pain killer induced anxiety attacks for my older sister because we had no idea what we were dealing with. And my niece also is subject to anxiety attacks and always after taking a high powered pain killer.

From the exact middle of the top of the photo about 3 inches down is a mouth, nose and chin of a person.

Dang Hossfly, I'm pretty good at these but I cannot see it. Of course once I do I will wonder how I missed it. :)

Dang Hossfly, I'm pretty good at these but I cannot see it. Of course once I do I will wonder how I missed it. :)

Nose and mouth are 3" down from the top and slightly right of center in white.

Dang Hossfly, I'm pretty good at these but I cannot see it. Of course once I do I will wonder how I missed it

I saw a face in the stones straight away, with my artists eye. But it took longer for me to see the following picture disappear. You have to stare at the middle of it until the picture fades away.
CcuApayWoAAsdkS.jpg

Prayers going your way Ernie.
Calm down and take things one at a time.
Get yourself well first, then you can deal with your daughter and the rest of everything else.

Dang Hossfly, I'm pretty good at these but I cannot see it. Of course once I do I will wonder how I missed it

I saw a face in the stones straight away, with my artists eye. But it took longer for me to see the following picture disappear. You have to stare at the middle of it until the picture fades away.
View attachment 65892

It disappeared for me right away and I also saw all of the people in the images.
I like things like this, hidden pictures have always been one of my favorites.

Well, we have a date for the bi-annual Pig Roast! Saturday August 6.

My oldest and dearest friend throws a huge party every two years. It falls to me and my brother to actually roast the pig for the big hootenanny. We'll go up to his house in Austintown Friday evening and mount, tie, season and secure the pig to the spit. It takes a little skill and a lot of experience and a fair share of lubrication by way of adult beverages to successfully tie a 110 pound pig to a spit.

Way way back in 1988, we had a pig roast at the local Shriner's Club. The Shriners hold an annual Fishing Derby at their club each summer. They have kids over to fish the small lake there. The oldest fisherman is usually 12 or 13. A local sporting goods store provides a couple arm loads of fishing tackle and the Shriners stock the lake with over $10,000 worth of game fish. Large and small mouth bass, lake trout, a few walleye and other tasty varieties are stocked in the lake two weeks before the derby.

Our party was set for one week before the derby.

We got out to the Shrine Club at 6:00 that morning. We built a fire and developed a good hot bed of coals then retired to the clubhouse for breakfast. I cooked bacon, sausages and eggs for our gang of eleven and took my plate to one of the picnic tables overlooking the lake.

I saw a Grandfather and his grandson fishing. Grandpa was really working the lake while the little shaver was goofing off, tangling his reel and generally having a blast.

One of the Shriners who unlocked the clubhouse and then enjoyed breakfast with us went down to Grandpa and kicked him and his charge off the lake.

Meanwhile, we had carried the pig, already mounted to the spit up to the fire and started the electric motor that ran the spit.

Grandpa packed up his gear and took his grandson by the hand up to where we were cooking the pig.

Now, after a half hour or so, a fresh pig on a spit begins to warm up. This means that any of the fluids in the head warm up to the point they start to ooze out of the nose. It looks like strawberry jam. This particular pig was felled by a .22 in the back of the head. That wound began to ooze blood too.

I am not being intentionally graphic here. I'm just setting the scene that the little boy confronted.

I watched him as he watched the pig. This was probably the first real pig he had ever seen. It was nothing like Porky Pig at all.

The skin was now sweating grease and glistened in the morning sun.

The legs of the pig are drawn back and secured to the spit so they resemble the legs of a rather pudgy four year old. The flesh of the pig looks just like the flesh of any Caucasian, giving the scene an even more realistic look than a little boy could comprehend.

His eyes were the size of saucers as he watched the pig rotate. Sinus goo coming from the nose, a hole that was clearly a bullet hole dripping blood and those fat thighs, the hams, shining like an overheated fat kid.

I could tell that this was a memory being tattooed onto this kid's mind.

That was nearly thirty years ago. I wonder if that child ever ate pork again?

We no longer use the open spit method. It's just too difficult to maintain a fire and make sure the pig cooks evenly. The rib cage always cooked first and as that meat softened up, it caused the pig to basically break at that point. The shoulders and hams need a longer cooking time. Our method these days involves an old fuel oil tank we had split in two horizontally and reattached with hinges. There are wire baskets welded inside where we can put fifty pounds of charcoal along each side and move it away from the ribs about two thirds through the cooking process. Once the lid is closed, the pig cooks in about two thirds the time it takes on an open spit.

That's experience talking there! Once the adult beverages kick in, it becomes rote, muscle memory, automatic.

Forum List

Back