USMB Coffee Shop IV

I got a new cord for my computer today, and that seems to have taken care of my problem. My wire was split right where the little plug is from being twisted because I sit with it on the couch and everywhere. The cords tend to get all tangled up and twisted, and I don't use the battery when I'm at home. I just plug it into my modem which is right next to my couch. I've burned out batteries in other laptops, and I don't want that to happen to this one.

Get a desktop PC! ;)

I got a new cord for my computer today, and that seems to have taken care of my problem. My wire was split right where the little plug is from being twisted because I sit with it on the couch and everywhere. The cords tend to get all tangled up and twisted, and I don't use the battery when I'm at home. I just plug it into my modem which is right next to my couch. I've burned out batteries in other laptops, and I don't want that to happen to this one.

Get a desktop PC! ;)

No way! I love my laptop! I have to sit at a desk for work, not while I'm relaxing at home. I sit on my couch (which reclines), and I have my laptop and my TV and my snacks. :D

Get a desktop PC! ;)

I do have a PC too. :) Laptop is better.

Get a desktop PC! ;)

They are too hard to use in the living room when you are watching American Idol. I keep my laptop in there and the PC in the office when I am not watching TV.

Get a desktop PC! ;)

I prefer my PC when I'm not doing anything else. But the laptop is by far more practical when I am multi tasking. :)

Get a desktop PC! ;)

They are too hard to use in the living room when you are watching American Idol. I keep my laptop in there and the PC in the office when I am not watching TV.

I have a TV in my room with my PCs. I rarely watch it, though. If I watch anything, it's probably on my second PC. :D

The little one watches things on my TV sometimes while I mess on the computer! :lol:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Mr. Kat
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
Sherry’s Mom,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan, Noomi, Spoonman, Freedombecki, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

a-strangely-isolated-place.jpg

Get a desktop PC! ;)

I prefer my PC when I'm not doing anything else. But the laptop is by far more practical when I am multi tasking. :)

I prefer my laptop. If I could do my job on my laptop, I would. :)

I hate people. Sorry. Gotta vent for a minute.

I have to rent the room out for a couple of months until we figure out what we are doing. Down south with my friend kinda fell thru and I have had my doubts from the get go, so its no surprise. So...we are just gonna hang here as long as possible until other arrangements are found.

Meanwhile...I have an ad running in CL. It is very clear, what my ad says. VERY CLEAR. And when someone calls, I ask questions before even bothering telling them what the address is for them to come look. So today, a guy calls...and after answering all my questions to my satisfaction and answering his, I give him the address. He says he is coming shortly, so I am eager to meet him cuz he says he will give me the deposit if he likes his room, etc. Now, keep in mind, I said ONE PERSON ONLY. No overnight guests, not friends over all the time, quiet person wanted that keeps their social life out of the house, etc.

So this fucker shows up with 3 kids. I open the door and he says "Hi. I am here to see the room. These are my kids. But don't worry. They will only be here on weekends". My reply? "Um, no they won't, because you won't be living here. I asked you specifically if you had kids or family BEFORE you came and you said NO" and he said "Well, they are just kids. They don't count". I said yes they do. Bye.

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
That just sounds so typical of "people." I prefer to stay away from people and crowds as much as possible. My only weakness is auctions, which is in large part my only recreation.

When we do eventually move, we might start looking at investing in storage war lockers. My friend in San Bernardino does it. She gets storage units for anywhere from 200 bucks to 600 bucks and has made some good money on most of them. Then again, sometimes it takes 10 trips to the dump cuz what they bought was just junk. Problem is, they do it site unseen. Me, I gotta LOOK before I fork over money. The crap they show on tv is all set up anyway with goods placed there by production. In real life...you get a unit full of empty boxes or trash...or if you are really lucky...you get your money back with MAYBE a small profit.

Get a desktop PC! ;)

Why can't you?

Get a desktop PC! ;)

Why can't you?

Because I need to be sure that I'm "ergonomically" correct so that my back and shoulders and neck don't hurt. Also, I have to use a foot pedal. :) I mean, I suppose I could, but I just don't think it would be very comfortable for 7-8 hours a day.

Get a desktop PC! ;)

I got used to using my laptop when working nights and evenings (we were allowed to) so most of what I do now is on the laptop though I still prefer my desktop for games and high graphic/power application usage.

Ernie...I am sorry you are going thru all this. Isn't there some way you can get the lady out? Maybe a restraining order or something? Are you guys still legally married? She did abandon you and the home as well. Like, if you moved into another place, she has no rights to just barge in and live there if that happened. Is her name on the house where you live now? Or her name on the utilities?
Her name is on nothing but since I bought the house while we were married, Alabama sees it as "the marital home" abandonment is 2 years in this state. I'm working with a lawyer to get a court order forcing her to abide by the agreement she signed, but we're in the beginning phase of that.

I just tried and failed, to copy and paste a video. So I deleted it. But I can tell you about it.

A man is sitting in a chair and a figure draped in a sheet comes into the room and walks up to him. The man pulls the sheet off the figure and there is nobody under it. He leaps backwards out of the chair in shock.
It looks authentic.

Ernie...I am sorry you are going thru all this. Isn't there some way you can get the lady out? Maybe a restraining order or something? Are you guys still legally married? She did abandon you and the home as well. Like, if you moved into another place, she has no rights to just barge in and live there if that happened. Is her name on the house where you live now? Or her name on the utilities?
Her name is on nothing but since I bought the house while we were married, Alabama sees it as "the marital home" abandonment is 2 years in this state. I'm working with a lawyer to get a court order forcing her to abide by the agreement she signed, but we're in the beginning phase of that.
Then is should be a civil case since she signed something and you should be allowed to boot her out. But, I don't know about alabama laws, so....I hope I your lawyer handles it quickly so you can unstress.

I just tried and failed, to copy and paste a video. So I deleted it. But I can tell you about it.

A man is sitting in a chair and a figure draped in a sheet comes into the room and walks up to him. The man pulls the sheet off the figure and there is nobody under it. He leaps backwards out of the chair in shock.
It looks authentic.
For a YouTube video, right click the video, left click on URL at Present Time.
then paste inthe reply box. It will show the URL but when you hit "Post Reply'' it will post as a video.
Dajjal

It looks authentic.
For a YouTube video, right click the video, left click on URL at Present Time.
then paste inthe reply box. It will show the URL but when you hit "Post Reply'' it will post as a video.
Dajjal

Some on line videos have an internet security code on them so they cannot be imbedded as videos. But you usually can always post a link to the video.

Forum List

Back