USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've been busy buying groceries this morning. I hate that chore. We only go once a month or maybe once every 6 weeks, but it seems to come around way to fast. We make the 30 mile trek to the Base commissary and buy all the cleaning supplies, and frozen goods, (few vegetables....as I like to buy them right before I'm going to use them). The rest of the time we use the neighborhood grocery store for whatever we're out of.

I use coupons too, a chore to cut and sort....but I usually save about $30 to $40 bucks. Seems like the coupons I use the most are getting rarer and rarer....newspaper full of coupons for hair color, bug sprays and other stuff that I don't need much of. Today I only saved $25 because the Commissary doesn't carry all the "new" brands coming out....

Anyway, I needed to get stuff for the 4th of July....having family over, going to need a lot of food, sodas, toilet paper....argh............
Don't forget the fireworks...:D

Oh boy am I tired and sore..... My back is killing me. Been goin' all day and still only got about half of my list done. There's an extra fridge/freezer in the garage my dad unplugged months ago.... Something had spilled in it and he didn't completely empty it out. I literally had to dismantle (not just remove) all the shelves, take the door "fences" off the door storage alcoves and scrub everything with bleach.
I plugged it back in for when everyone starts arriving tomorrow so we have extra food storage room. I also want to empty out the chest freezer and defrost/ clean it so I need the extra space in the fridge/freezer.
yawning.gif

So bored, and my butt hurts from sitting so much. 3 and 1/2 weeks to go. Please don't let there be any complications. I don't think I can stand being off my feet for any longer.

Oh boy am I tired and sore..... My back is killing me. Been goin' all day and still only got about half of my list done. There's an extra fridge/freezer in the garage my dad unplugged months ago.... Something had spilled in it and he didn't completely empty it out. I literally had to dismantle (not just remove) all the shelves, take the door "fences" off the door storage alcoves and scrub everything with bleach.
I plugged it back in for when everyone starts arriving tomorrow so we have extra food storage room. I also want to empty out the chest freezer and defrost/ clean it so I need the extra space in the fridge/freezer.
yawning.gif

That's a lot of work....you need to relax some...:)

Good morning everybody. Enjoying coffee, waiting for the Naproxen to kick in and then need to wash area rugs, furniture throws and generally clear out the clutter in the great room in advance of the carpet cleaners due to arrive later this morning. Then a week from today we are having a cleaning service in to clean the house top to bottom, inside out. As much as Hombre and I hate to admit it, we just can't do the heavy housework any more. Or maybe we just don't want to. :) Anyhow it will be good to get it done.

Hope everybody is having a good Monday and kicking off a good week. Weather is toasty and windless here but not unbearably hot and quite pleasant. Still waiting for the monsoon to arrive within the next few weeks though.

Okay. . . onward. . . .MUSH!!! (Or whatever would be appropriate there. . . .)
I hear you. I just don't want to do the heavy cleaning anymore. I finally broke down and asked about the house cleaning service available in my building. Found out it wasn't all that much and signed up. They come in once a week for a monthly charge that is about the same as going out to a nice lunch. I'm so happy. Haven't had the heavy cleaning equipment out for a month now. I will do some sweeping (my floors are all tile except for a few area rugs) and 'Swiftering' the kitchen floor, but that's about all. It's wonderful! And it has motivated me to keep things from getting cluttered so they don't have any obstacles when they are cleaning. It's a whole new world! :D

Oh how I hate our stupid dog. Little rat is something like 8 months old now, and has actually been doing worse about doing his business outside recently. It used to be that he really only pooped in the house, now he's peeing around the house as well. I take the little bastard outside every hour to hour and a half, and still, he goes in the house. Now he and the cat have picked up fleas. I've bathed them probably 5 times in the past week, they each got a new flea collar, and each has been treated with Frontline. I keep vacuuming the house, doing laundry, and still, more fleas. It's bad enough with the cat, who I like. With the dog, who I would like to never see again, it's extremely annoying.

Dogs suck! :evil:

BBD excluded, of course. :D

You might try this:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/No-Bad-Dogs-The-Woodhouse/dp/0671541854]No Bad Dogs: The Woodhouse Way: Barbara Woodhouse: 9780671541859: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

I got my dog when she was a year old and used it to train her. She was a very well behaved dog all her life. Also, get a neutralizing odor remover to eliminate odor and prevent him from soiling the area again.

As far as the fleas, I agree with Pogo: you need to break down and flea bomb the house. Then give the dog a flea bath: my dad used sheep dip on our dogs and cats. And I'd take the dog to the vet and get the flea treatment he/she advises. Good luck.

My last cat, I kept indoors for the last 5-6 years or so of his life. One of the best things about it, besides it keeping him safe, was that he no longer needed any flea treatments. Much better for his health.

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Grandma and family dealing with death of extended family member,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Ollie's daughter Angie and his youngest brother,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good Morning everyone, and a happy Tuesday to you. I consider Tuesday to be the glue that connects Hell-Monday with Hump-Wednesday!!!

Sexy Coffee series continues today.

Here, for the menfolk, two sexxxxy ladies drinking coffee (ooh, la, la):

article-1282055779899-0ad228df000005dc-431674_636x559.jpg

That pic is from this article about aphrodasiac-coffee:

First aphrodisiac coffee hits the UK | Metro News

:D

-and-

68ae2ba8c6992071e818073785160fd9.jpg

(yes, I like brunettes!)

In case you've ever wondered what "Tuesday" means:

Tuesday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The name Tuesday derives from the Old English "Tiwesdæg" and literally means "Tiw's Day".[1] Tiw is the Old English form of the Proto-Germanic god *Tîwaz, or Týr in Norse, a god of war and law.[2][3] *Tîwaz derives from the Proto-Indo-European base *dei-, *deyā-, *dīdyā-, meaning 'to shine', whence comes also such words as "deity".[4]

The Latin name dies Martis ("day of Mars") is equivalent to the Greek ἡμέρα Ἄρεως. In most languages with Latin origins (Italian,[5] French,[6] Spanish,[7] Catalan,[8] Romanian,[9] Galician,[10] Sardinian,[11] Corsican,[12] but not Portuguese[13]), the day is named after Mars, the Ancient Greek Ares Ἄρης .

And in German, although the modern meaning appears to be something else, the original meaning is essentially the same:

The days of the week, in German @Yearlyglot.com

Tuesday - Dienstag

The verb dienen means "to serve", so the modern meaning of Dienstag is "day of service", but it appears to have originally come from the Latin dies Martes, simply changing in pronunciation and spelling over time.

mars2_115916c.jpg

So, if you ever feel like you are on the warpath on a Tuesday, now you know why!

:D :D

So bored, and my butt hurts from sitting so much. 3 and 1/2 weeks to go. Please don't let there be any complications. I don't think I can stand being off my feet for any longer.

Couldn't you just walk around on you knees, it would just take longer to get there...:lol:

I was going to mention your "butt hurts" but it wouldn't be prudent

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Grandma and family dealing with death of extended family member,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Ollie's daughter Angie and his youngest brother,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Where is Sunshine, I wonder

Forum List

Back