USMB Coffee Shop IV

6fu-gomez-on-friday.jpg

Sometimes I can be bad. I feel like being bad today. So, unless somebody leaves 12 dog treats in a plain brown paper bag beside the old oak tree in the park, tomorrow morning I am going to chew the plug off of the coffee pot.

Happy Tuesady all!

I was doing a little -very little - work in the yard this morning a found a four leafed clover. Yay!! I want to share the good luck with all my CS friends and take this as a sign I don't need to do gardening. Unlike so many talented gardeners here, I hate it :)

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Grandma and family dealing with death of extended family member,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Ollie's daughter Angie and his youngest brother,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Where is Sunshine, I wonder

I don't know. With her serious medical condition, I am concerned. She checked in with one post on Becki's quilting thread months ago and nothing since.

And good morning everybody. I am happy it is only Tuesday because I need ALL the days between now and the weekend. I want to clean out cupboards and remove as much clutter from the house as we can bear to part with. No simple feat that and I just don't have as much get up and go as I wish I had and used to have. Hombre says his got up and went.

But for now, finishing up the second cup of coffee and planning what to tackle next. Everybody have a great Tuesday.

Before Mrs. BBD left this morning to go to the church and quilt with the ladies I told her of my plan to hold the Coffee Shop hostage along with the ransom plan for the 12 dog treats. She said if I went through with it she would give me a flea bath using cold water. After careful consideration, the scam has been canceled. No cold flea baths for me. Instead, I will buy every body coffee tomorrow morning and promise to be a good doggie from here out.

And good morning everybody. I am happy it is only Tuesday because I need ALL the days between now and the weekend. I want to clean out cupboards and remove as much clutter from the house as we can bear to part with. No simple feat that and I just don't have as much get up and go as I wish I had and used to have. Hombre says his got up and went.

But for now, finishing up the second cup of coffee and planning what to tackle next. Everybody have a great Tuesday.

I'm sore from yesterday and still only got a fraction of what I wanted to do done. At least the upstairs is relatively clean. The family members should start showing up soon so I showered and shaved so I don't look like I just came off the street into a halfway house.

Anybody else notice how the days are getting shorter?

Other than High Autumn, when the leaves are at their peak color and the air has a bit of a nip in it, these days of the year are my favorite. Soft summer evenings that begin around 9:15 or so when the first of the fire flies (lightening bugs as they are known in these parts) start to shimmer on lawns and delight little kids, festivals with forbidden carnival food, ripe Bing cherries and the earliest sweet corn are at the farmer's markets, and the aroma of suntan oil, rival only to the smell of a new car fills the nostrils.

The downside to Summer is gasoline. It fuels lawn mowers and blatting motorcycles and other devices making an unwanted din disturbing a nap on the hammock. Mosquitoes buzzing in your ears and tormenting those to whom they have a special attraction. The sticky night air that makes you sweat rather than sleep in bed. These are the things that slightly reduce summer fun.

I learned today that the June full moon is called the Mead Moon. There is a saint protecting bee keepers and this time of year the hives are full of honey. Honey was fermented to produce mead. That's where the term 'honeymoon' comes from. The June bride and grooms are out celebrating the Mead Moon without even knowing about it.

Did you say 'mead'? Yup, l now have five batches in various stages of completion. The first week my girls were here, I racked the strawberry mead for the first time. If it tastes like is smells...uummm, um, good! Anybody getting married soon?

I've been busy buying groceries this morning. I hate that chore. We only go once a month or maybe once every 6 weeks, but it seems to come around way to fast. We make the 30 mile trek to the Base commissary and buy all the cleaning supplies, and frozen goods, (few vegetables....as I like to buy them right before I'm going to use them). The rest of the time we use the neighborhood grocery store for whatever we're out of.

I use coupons too, a chore to cut and sort....but I usually save about $30 to $40 bucks. Seems like the coupons I use the most are getting rarer and rarer....newspaper full of coupons for hair color, bug sprays and other stuff that I don't need much of. Today I only saved $25 because the Commissary doesn't carry all the "new" brands coming out....

Anyway, I needed to get stuff for the 4th of July....having family over, going to need a lot of food, sodas, toilet paper....argh............

My daughter finally brought me around to the commissary. I've always kind of bought stuff I need as I need it at the local supermarket. But after seeing how much less expensive almost everything is at the commissary, and their incredible selection of "foreign" foodstuffs, I'm sold. It's right on my way home from work, too.

I've been busy buying groceries this morning. I hate that chore. We only go once a month or maybe once every 6 weeks, but it seems to come around way to fast. We make the 30 mile trek to the Base commissary and buy all the cleaning supplies, and frozen goods, (few vegetables....as I like to buy them right before I'm going to use them). The rest of the time we use the neighborhood grocery store for whatever we're out of.

I use coupons too, a chore to cut and sort....but I usually save about $30 to $40 bucks. Seems like the coupons I use the most are getting rarer and rarer....newspaper full of coupons for hair color, bug sprays and other stuff that I don't need much of. Today I only saved $25 because the Commissary doesn't carry all the "new" brands coming out....

Anyway, I needed to get stuff for the 4th of July....having family over, going to need a lot of food, sodas, toilet paper....argh............

My daughter finally brought me around to the commissary. I've always kind of bought stuff I need as I need it at the local supermarket. But after seeing how much less expensive almost everything is at the commissary, and their incredible selection of "foreign" foodstuffs, I'm sold. It's right on my way home from work, too.

I would shop at the commissary often but unfortunately it is 100 miles from where I live.

Forum List

Back