USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've been busy buying groceries this morning. I hate that chore. We only go once a month or maybe once every 6 weeks, but it seems to come around way to fast. We make the 30 mile trek to the Base commissary and buy all the cleaning supplies, and frozen goods, (few vegetables....as I like to buy them right before I'm going to use them). The rest of the time we use the neighborhood grocery store for whatever we're out of.

I use coupons too, a chore to cut and sort....but I usually save about $30 to $40 bucks. Seems like the coupons I use the most are getting rarer and rarer....newspaper full of coupons for hair color, bug sprays and other stuff that I don't need much of. Today I only saved $25 because the Commissary doesn't carry all the "new" brands coming out....

Anyway, I needed to get stuff for the 4th of July....having family over, going to need a lot of food, sodas, toilet paper....argh............

My daughter finally brought me around to the commissary. I've always kind of bought stuff I need as I need it at the local supermarket. But after seeing how much less expensive almost everything is at the commissary, and their incredible selection of "foreign" foodstuffs, I'm sold. It's right on my way home from work, too.

Just the price of cereal at our local supermarket makes me want to take that long dreaded trip. I don't care much for their meat....except for boneless chicken breasts and ground meat....and the vegetables sometimes are not that good looking, but the rest, it's silly for us not to take advantage of the lower prices.

I am amazed at the quality available at the commissary here. The selection of frozen fish puts the local fresh markets to shame. The also offer a lot of things that are difficult to find otherwise. I bought a beef femur for my dog for less than $4. That item costs me around $12 at the local pet supply store or super market.

Long day. Dinner is in the oven, the girls are occupied. Tomorrow is their last day here, they are leaving tomorrow night. I'm thinking I'll most likely be a bit lonely for a while. It's been lots of fun. This afternoon, the girls went to get their hair trimmed, my daughter go hers styled. I let myself be talked into getting my locks trimmed. I am still not wanting a butch cut. Nice lady took about an inch off, evened things up and turned out to be a "goat lady". At least the conversation was lively. I confess, I cannot recall the last time I had my hair "styled", or even cut.
Still so much left undone. There seems never to be quite enough time, does there.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Ollie's daughter Angie and his youngest brother,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Emergency situation here this morning. Only enough coffee left for one cup. Need to go to the store ASAP! Driving after having only one cup of coffee could be tricky. Must speak to the supply sergeant, Mrs. BBD. How could she let a thing like this happen? She doesn't drink coffee so I'm sure it's not an emergency to her.

Good morning, Stats!
How're things on your half of the world?

Hey, [MENTION=31362]gallantwarrior[/MENTION] - things are well with me, especially professionally.

Sorry for the somewhat delayed response: I often leave the computer on and am still officially online, but conducting business elsewhere.

How is life in the big land of the Inuits??

:D

Emergency situation here this morning. Only enough coffee left for one cup. Need to go to the store ASAP! Driving after having only one cup of coffee could be tricky. Must speak to the supply sergeant, Mrs. BBD. How could she let a thing like this happen? She doesn't drink coffee so I'm sure it's not an emergency to her.

She sounds a tad passive aggressive...what did you do???

I asked her if she would like to go shopping with me at Walmart later this morning and maybe have some lunch on the way home. Never, ever, toss gasoline on a fire!

My daughter finally brought me around to the commissary. I've always kind of bought stuff I need as I need it at the local supermarket. But after seeing how much less expensive almost everything is at the commissary, and their incredible selection of "foreign" foodstuffs, I'm sold. It's right on my way home from work, too.

Just the price of cereal at our local supermarket makes me want to take that long dreaded trip. I don't care much for their meat....except for boneless chicken breasts and ground meat....and the vegetables sometimes are not that good looking, but the rest, it's silly for us not to take advantage of the lower prices.

I am amazed at the quality available at the commissary here. The selection of frozen fish puts the local fresh markets to shame. The also offer a lot of things that are difficult to find otherwise. I bought a beef femur for my dog for less than $4. That item costs me around $12 at the local pet supply store or super market.

That's true. We save over 20% just shopping there....then considering I use coupons, I really save a lot. They may be slow getting in some newer brands, but I usually find everything I need.

:rofl:

Forum List

Back