USMB Coffee Shop IV

I am so glad I have the night off. I am absolutely exhausted.

Winner on your night off. Not on being exhausted. But I recommend you do something for Chris tonight--something that regenerates your soul and makes you happy--before hitting the sack. Have you seen the new Disney movie, "Cinderella?" That does it for me. :)

I'm actually making myself some dinner right now. I had a pork roast that I was going to save until tomorrow, but I decided to cook it up tonight because it's easy. Just season it and throw it in the oven. The most work was peeling and cutting my potatoes for mashed potatoes. Have to have mashed potatoes with pork roast. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Indeed. I love it. My garden is in the very early stages, but I stopped at a local farm and purchased a bunch of pickling cucumbers/veggies. I am canning pickles, hot gardenia, and, stuffed hot pepper with sauerkraut.

Mmmm okay. I use pickles quite a bit, but don't think I have any recipes calling for hot gardenia and I'm sure stuffed hot pepper with sauerkraut is an acquired taste? I do admire your ambition.
Sauerkraut's an acquired taste.......

I like it.
I used to make kielbasa & kraut for my WWII unit, Polish style. It was made with apples and brown sugar so it was slightly sweet, that wasn't bad.
i
I use sautéed onions, apples and cardamom in my sauerkraut. Also sweetens it up. Then I usually cook either pork chops or brats in the sauerkraut. Served with German-style potato salad...perfect!
Can't stand cardamom, used to use brown sugar, apples, onions, taters, carrots, summer sausage or kielbasa.

I've only actually tried sauerkraut when I was a kid, but I remember it being not so great. Lol. :D
The way I cook it is the only way I can eat it otherwise forget it, not touching the stuff.
Generally I just sauté cabbage with onions, sweet peppers, shredded carrots, salt, pepper and garlic with summer sausage/brats.

I've only actually tried sauerkraut when I was a kid, but I remember it being not so great. Lol. :D
The way I cook it is the only way I can eat it otherwise forget it, not touching the stuff.
Generally I just sauté cabbage with onions, sweet peppers, shredded carrots, salt, pepper and garlic with summer sausage/brats.

I've never been a big fan of cabbage. My mother used to make me eat it on St. Patty's day with Corned beef. Corned beef and cabbage EVERY St. Patrick's day. Lol. She just cooked it in water with salt and pepper and we would put vinegar in it. It was pretty slimy.

I've never been a big fan of cabbage. My mother used to make me eat it on St. Patty's day with Corned beef. Corned beef and cabbage EVERY St. Patrick's day. Lol. She just cooked it in water with salt and pepper and we would put vinegar in it. It was pretty slimy.
Yeah, that's not the way to cook corned beef and cabbage.......

The wife is like you but will not come within 10 feet of cabbage, peas, or beans (other than green beans).

The wife is like you but will not come within 10 feet of cabbage, peas, or beans (other than green beans).

I feel the same about beans. :D Peas are okay, as long as they aren't canned peas. Ewww . . . canned peas are so gross.

Winner on your night off. Not on being exhausted. But I recommend you do something for Chris tonight--something that regenerates your soul and makes you happy--before hitting the sack. Have you seen the new Disney movie, "Cinderella?" That does it for me. :)

I'm actually making myself some dinner right now. I had a pork roast that I was going to save until tomorrow, but I decided to cook it up tonight because it's easy. Just season it and throw it in the oven. The most work was peeling and cutting my potatoes for mashed potatoes. Have to have mashed potatoes with pork roast. :)

Sounds good. I have a hard time motivating myself to cook just for me. But I love to cook when there is at least one other person. Tonight we're having our house specialty of vegetable beef stew with cornbread. About 30 more minutes now.

Yeah, part of our traditional "boiled dinner." Unboilievable. :D

Sounds good. I have a hard time motivating myself to cook just for me. But I love to cook when there is at least one other person. Tonight we're having our house specialty of vegetable beef stew with cornbread. About 30 more minutes now.

I love beef stew with dumplings and cornbread. That sounds delicious. I have to go now. My dinner is just about ready and I have to mash my taters and get everything ready. TTYL! :) Enjoy your dinner!

If it is an accomplishment tired it is a good thing, if it is they sucked the life out of me tired, I am going to need names and addresses of people you don't want at work on Monday. :)

If it is an accomplishment tired it is a good thing, if it is they sucked the life out of me tired, I am going to need names and addresses of people you don't want at work on Monday. :)

Nothing like that. Just had a stressful week. :)

I will try to rid us all of stress on Sunday morning with a one year old's birthday picture at cake time.

I will try to rid us all of stress on Sunday morning with a one year old's birthday picture at cake time.

Your granddaughter? Happy birthday to her! I love baby pics!

Mmmm okay. I use pickles quite a bit, but don't think I have any recipes calling for hot gardenia and I'm sure stuffed hot pepper with sauerkraut is an acquired taste? I do admire your ambition.

I like it.
I used to make kielbasa & kraut for my WWII unit, Polish style. It was made with apples and brown sugar so it was slightly sweet, that wasn't bad.
i
I use sautéed onions, apples and cardamom in my sauerkraut. Also sweetens it up. Then I usually cook either pork chops or brats in the sauerkraut. Served with German-style potato salad...perfect!
Can't stand cardamom, used to use brown sugar, apples, onions, taters, carrots, summer sausage or kielbasa.

I put cardamom seeds in my coffee grinder, every day. Yum.

Sometimes I even put coffee beans in there too, when I feel wild....

Your granddaughter? Happy birthday to her! I love baby pics!

Miss Ellie, Harper's younger sister.

Her hair sticks straight out, mix a little frosting in there and it should be a good picture. I was over to their house Wednesday to help with some home improvements pre party.

I like it.
i

I use mine for cinnamon sticks. Those are impossible to grind without one. It would take all day!

I like it.
i

Weirdo...... :D

Indeed. I love it. My garden is in the very early stages, but I stopped at a local farm and purchased a bunch of pickling cucumbers/veggies. I am canning pickles, hot gardenia, and, stuffed hot pepper with sauerkraut.

I like it.
i

Ohhh I LOVE good German potato salad. Haven't had that in a long time.

Forum List

Back