USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just saw three Blackhawks fly overhead, white bellies with light grey uppers. Navy/Marines? Not sure as I know the Army has been exploring color camo as the old color schemes were cold war (fight in Germany) colors, the greys and beiges/tans tend to work better in a desert environment.

Strange. Wonder where they are headed? I read somewhere that the military is selling off some Blackhawks and other aircraft. Maybe they remove all U.S. military markings?
They were headed for Biggs Field coming from the west, decommissioned helicopters typically are not flown to the purchaser, they're shipped after all sensitive equipment has been removed. I'm thinking Navy/Marines or a new Army color scheme.

Beech Grove residents awakened by Dept. of Defense training exercise

:tank:
I live about 100 yards from the outer fence of Fort Bliss, Biggs field, Blackhawks everywhere, armored vehicles and tanks constantly on maneuvers up alongside Rte 54. It's normal daily activity around here.

Oh I would love that. I used to drive out to the airport or base just to watch the touch and gos and other activity when I wanted to get away from it all for awhile.
Not to mention El Paso International Airport is right next to Biggs Field and just a few miles away from us so we have all the commercial and passenger air traffic to boot.

It is a small world. A few months ago I was happy to be reacquainted with a good friend/class mate from high school that I had lost track of. We discovered that we had lived about 10 miles apart for years and didn't know it. We discovered that she and her second husband who I had never met had a mutual enjoyment of Texas 42 that Hombre and both have played. So when we got together for weekly 42 games--will have one this afternoon in fact--Hombre and the other guy found out they were born and grew up about 20 miles apart in west Texas.

Yesterday a notary/closer came to the house to finalize our re-fi on our home. Visiting with her, she and I grew up in the same tiny town in southeast New Mexico. Different generations though.

You understand correctly, RR.
Small world. I started at Servair/Dynair/Swissport in 1997. Swissport has succumbed to their arrogance and competition . They still have limited ramp service but they've lost almost all their maintenance contracts. Oh, I'm an A&P mechanic.

I won't hold that against you. :bow2:
I have had some really good experiences with A&P's and then again ran into some arrogant arseholes. Overall most people are out just trying to make a living. Contract Services within the Airline Business is a tough row to how. My (management) mentor told me day one that you had to kiss ass and learn to like the taste of it. I never did acquire the taste.
One last question. Is the Brown Bear still in the lobby at the terminal?
And you are correct, it is a small world.

GW is also being a bit modest as he is a pretty important A&P mechanic and also teaches classes on that stuff at the university.

Strange. Wonder where they are headed? I read somewhere that the military is selling off some Blackhawks and other aircraft. Maybe they remove all U.S. military markings?
They were headed for Biggs Field coming from the west, decommissioned helicopters typically are not flown to the purchaser, they're shipped after all sensitive equipment has been removed. I'm thinking Navy/Marines or a new Army color scheme.

I live about 100 yards from the outer fence of Fort Bliss, Biggs field, Blackhawks everywhere, armored vehicles and tanks constantly on maneuvers up alongside Rte 54. It's normal daily activity around here.

Oh I would love that. I used to drive out to the airport or base just to watch the touch and gos and other activity when I wanted to get away from it all for awhile.
Not to mention El Paso International Airport is right next to Biggs Field and just a few miles away from us so we have all the commercial and passenger air traffic to boot.

The Albuquerque Sunport International Airport is right next to Kirtland AFB too....essentially little or no separation. They share runways at times in a pinch. And both are closed up and secured when Airforce One comes to town.

Thought some of you might appreciate this posted by a friend in Kansas yesterday. Captioned just another normal spring night In Kansas:

13241211_1006289529406619_3582193330740616714_n.jpg

Mama cat begot baby cat who was born with two front legs and a back one. Did not name the strays at that point, hence the basic IDs. Mama cat was relocated to a farm two years ago. Baby cat still visits.

Mama cat also begot Nimbus two years ago. Nimbus begot Pouncer last year and two little ones this Spring. I have only seen them three times in the last couple of days. Nimbus will probably make a proper introduction to me this weekend. That is what she did last year with Pouncer.

stunning-grey-and-white-fluffy-kittens-51a9997253eb6.JPG

A little smaller and fluffier than this one.

Small world. I started at Servair/Dynair/Swissport in 1997. Swissport has succumbed to their arrogance and competition . They still have limited ramp service but they've lost almost all their maintenance contracts. Oh, I'm an A&P mechanic.

I have had some really good experiences with A&P's and then again ran into some arrogant arseholes. Overall most people are out just trying to make a living. Contract Services within the Airline Business is a tough row to how. My (management) mentor told me day one that you had to kiss ass and learn to like the taste of it. I never did acquire the taste.
Yeah, some of the aircraft mechanics are really assholes, especially to the ramp service folks. Me, I consider we're all on the same team. Not only that, but I do try to live by the Golden Rule. While I do try to give the customer the best service I can, I don't consider that kissing ass. (Never liked the taste of ass, personally.)

Just saw three Blackhawks fly overhead, white bellies with light grey uppers. Navy/Marines? Not sure as I know the Army has been exploring color camo as the old color schemes were cold war (fight in Germany) colors, the greys and beiges/tans tend to work better in a desert environment.

One of the bennies of my job, getting to watch the airplanes come and go. I can usually tell what type of aircraft is approaching just by the landing lights.

Mama cat begot baby cat who was born with two front legs and a back one. Did not name the strays at that point, hence the basic IDs. Mama cat was relocated to a farm two years ago. Baby cat still visits.

Mama cat also begot Nimbus two years ago. Nimbus begot Pouncer last year and two little ones this Spring. I have only seen them three times in the last couple of days. Nimbus will probably make a proper introduction to me this weekend. That is what she did last year with Pouncer.

stunning-grey-and-white-fluffy-kittens-51a9997253eb6.JPG

A little smaller and fluffier than this one.
I have names for my feral (farm) cats, mostly. Most of them don't last more than a year, or two. We'll see what comes of this year's crop of kittens.

GW is also being a bit modest as he is a pretty important A&P mechanic and also teaches classes on that stuff at the university.
Awwww! [shuffles feet, ducks head] I'm not all that important...

One of the bennies of my job, getting to watch the airplanes come and go. I can usually tell what type of aircraft is approaching just by the landing lights.
Which one is this....... :D

OK, they aren't Boeings or Airbus...I did say "usually", but I'm guessing these are not common visitors to the airport where I work?

OK, they aren't Boeings or Airbus...I did say "usually", but I'm guessing these are not common visitors to the airport where I work?

Well this is my kinda airport.......

:thup:

I'll confess, I have no idea. The landing is filmed from the approaching aircraft point of view. I watch them approach from the ground (carrier) point of view. Ya got me!

I'll confess, I have no idea. The landing is filmed from the approaching aircraft point of view. I watch them approach from the ground (carrier) point of view. Ya got me!

Yeah, I was looking for a carrier to plane night view, couldn't find one. Probably a F-17 Hornet or an EA-18G Growler but I have no clue.
Hornet
FA-18_Hornet_VFA-41.jpg

Growler
hjkl3dguej2vtpwvbswu.jpg

It was definitely a jet sound so it wasn't a Hawkeye (surveillance) or a Greyhound (logistics), both are prop driven.

Forum List

Back