USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just saw three Blackhawks fly overhead, white bellies with light grey uppers. Navy/Marines? Not sure as I know the Army has been exploring color camo as the old color schemes were cold war (fight in Germany) colors, the greys and beiges/tans tend to work better in a desert environment.

No hockey sticks? You sure they were Blackhawks?

Just saw three Blackhawks fly overhead, white bellies with light grey uppers. Navy/Marines? Not sure as I know the Army has been exploring color camo as the old color schemes were cold war (fight in Germany) colors, the greys and beiges/tans tend to work better in a desert environment.

Didn't know the Blackhawks used hockey sticks........ :eusa_whistle:

Didn't know the Blackhawks used hockey sticks........ :eusa_whistle:

Popular with Climatologists too.

Strange. Wonder where they are headed? I read somewhere that the military is selling off some Blackhawks and other aircraft. Maybe they remove all U.S. military markings?

Strange. Wonder where they are headed? I read somewhere that the military is selling off some Blackhawks and other aircraft. Maybe they remove all U.S. military markings?
They were headed for Biggs Field coming from the west, decommissioned helicopters typically are not flown to the purchaser, they're shipped after all sensitive equipment has been removed. I'm thinking Navy/Marines or a new Army color scheme.

They were headed for Biggs Field coming from the west, decommissioned helicopters typically are not flown to the purchaser, they're shipped after all sensitive equipment has been removed. I'm thinking Navy/Marines or a new Army color scheme.
Doesn't Biggs Field play a role in "Operation Jade Helm"? ...Just observin': odd color scheme, lack of identifiable markings, right time and place...

Doesn't Biggs Field play a role in "Operation Jade Helm"? ...Just observin': odd color scheme, lack of identifiable markings, right time and place...
:lol:

Well the neighborhood seems to be in one of those periodic slides down. Still havent met people next door but at least the original vehicles have returned. Sitting in the living room tonite debating on where the voices I'm hearing are coming from, thought I had shut everything down and then the backyard light snaps on. Walk back to patio door, look out there is half dozen people traipsing thru with more on the porch of the neighbors house who died. WTF ya doing.....oh just going to look at his house...rigght without a Realtor......chased em off. Go back inside to get some shoes on to make sure they are gone and what do I find but 2 blacked out police SUVs rolling down. Went and talked to them, they asked if I was the one who called, that would be no so I informed of what I had seen.
Stuff been ramping up for last month. Two consecutive nights when the police chopper circled for an hr or 2 and before that several armed robberies that were finally solved when the perps friend got busted on drugs and ratted his buddy out.

Wow MOTS, have you thought about moving?[/QUOTE
About 10 yrs ago when little less than $150 got ya 4 been 2 bath fireplace, over 2000sq ft 2.5 car heated garage. Realtor started pulling some shady crap night before closing then outright lied to us after we had signed on sale of ours so we walked. She then shows up with the cops to throw us out her problem was cops wife was in the business and when he started looking at her sideways she quick apologized and. disappeared. Course nobody does that to her....she is somebody so she blew the deal up totally. Then prices hit 190 for a POS IN less than a yr which I wasn't going to waste my money buying trouble.

Have never felt unsafe here. Never heard gunshots or seen any real violence. Robberies were at the liquor store, guy would park in our area do the robbery then run thru short stand of trees back to his car. Somebody tried to siphon the gas once but my tank was mty and the wife had someone sneak up on her while she was sunbathing and pull the what's up babe on her. He left post haste, she may look the princess part but she can handle herself. That's been about it just every 4-5 yrs there seems to be heavy police presence for an extended period.

If you're talking about the real (not the wacko Alex Jones versions) Jade Helm (UWEX 16) then yes it's about that time.
The nutjobs are already having a field day with UWEX 16, I was just reading where one clueless moron claimed Texas barely survived Jade Helm 15........ :lmao:

Beech Grove residents awakened by Dept. of Defense training exercise

:tank:

I live about 100 yards from the outer fence of Fort Bliss, Biggs field, Blackhawks everywhere, armored vehicles and tanks constantly on maneuvers up alongside Rte 54. It's normal daily activity around here.

Around here, they announce any upcoming military activity, 'specially the noisy stuff. Working at an international airport, and one that handles the third largest quantity of air cargo in the world, military exercises are pretty quiet, relatively speaking.
Here they fly right over the top of my house once they were probably 20 feet above the roof, I was out side and could see the pilots perfectly. I waved at them, they waved back. The cats weren't happy though......... :lol:

You understand correctly, RR.

If I may be so bold as to ask what you do? I worked at HNL international for almost 10 years for a service Company. This was a short time after I left Anchorage. The Company I worked for had a operation at AKC. I made several trips to train folks in ANC. I was a Manager of Ramp Operations at HNL. It was a sweet gig for the strong minded. Burnout was rampant though. I jumped ship after several years of abuse. Servair was the name of the original Company. Dynaelectron purchased and changed the name to DynCorp. I believe they have been pretty stable as Swiss Air purchased them and the are known as Swissport international.
My father-in-law owned an airline related business that also had a operation in ANC. Its been 25 years since I played with airplanes, but I still miss it sometimes.

If I may be so bold as to ask what you do? I worked at HNL international for almost 10 years for a service Company. This was a short time after I left Anchorage. The Company I worked for had a operation at AKC. I made several trips to train folks in ANC. I was a Manager of Ramp Operations at HNL. It was a sweet gig for the strong minded. Burnout was rampant though. I jumped ship after several years of abuse. Servair was the name of the original Company. Dynaelectron purchased and changed the name to DynCorp. I believe they have been pretty stable as Swiss Air purchased them and the are known as Swissport international.
My father-in-law owned an airline related business that also had a operation in ANC. Its been 25 years since I played with airplanes, but I still miss it sometimes.
Small world. I started at Servair/Dynair/Swissport in 1997. Swissport has succumbed to their arrogance and competition . They still have limited ramp service but they've lost almost all their maintenance contracts. Oh, I'm an A&P mechanic.

:bye1: Morning folks

upload_2016-5-26_4-39-25.png

Small world. I started at Servair/Dynair/Swissport in 1997. Swissport has succumbed to their arrogance and competition . They still have limited ramp service but they've lost almost all their maintenance contracts. Oh, I'm an A&P mechanic.

I won't hold that against you. :bow2:
I have had some really good experiences with A&P's and then again ran into some arrogant arseholes. Overall most people are out just trying to make a living. Contract Services within the Airline Business is a tough row to how. My (management) mentor told me day one that you had to kiss ass and learn to like the taste of it. I never did acquire the taste.
One last question. Is the Brown Bear still in the lobby at the terminal?
And you are correct, it is a small world.

I live about 100 yards from the outer fence of Fort Bliss, Biggs field, Blackhawks everywhere, armored vehicles and tanks constantly on maneuvers up alongside Rte 54. It's normal daily activity around here.

Oh I would love that. I used to drive out to the airport or base just to watch the touch and gos and other activity when I wanted to get away from it all for awhile.

Forum List

Back