USMB Coffee Shop IV

Never been, never wanted to go, the wife and I are not "crowd" people. Looks like you two had fun though. :thup:

I'm not crazy about crowds either but always wanted to go to Disneyland or Disneyworld. Just never worked out for us--when we have had time to go to California, we spent it further north in the Monterey or San Francisco Bay areas with our daughter. And neither of us have been to Florida since we were kids--long before there WAS a Disneyworld. But we both love amusement parks and those are the kings of amusement parks.

Back when we first put our own business together over 20 years ago, Hombre and I were commissioned to do a full safety inspection of an amusement park there in El Paso. With both of us working, it took us three full days to complete the inspection. Biggest check we ever received for a single inspection. I loved every minute of it. But it was called something different than whatever is there now.
There's an amusement park down here? Learn something new every day. :dunno:

I was trying to remember the name of that park we inspected but it is no longer on the list when googled. But there is an amusement park there with some big rides including a roller coaster. May be the same one or the old one was razed and a new one built--too long ago to remember the address of the old one. Dunno.
There's a waterpark off of I 10 towards Las Cruces, that's the only one I know of.

This is the one I found:
Western Playland | Amusement Park in Sunland, New Mexico

As I am sure the park we inspected was not in Sunland, this is obviously a different, probably much newer one. The one we inspected has no doubt long since closed and been razed.
Never been down there. :dunno:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Gracie's eye surgery and stop smoking project,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all the others who we miss and hope to return

And Bon Voyage to Mr. and Mrs. Againsheila

View attachment 75690

Thanks Foxy, as you can see, I'm so excited I can't sleep. Can hardly wait until we're under way. Talked to Gallentwarrior today and it's going to be a fun time in anchorage.
Holy crappoly! I hope I can deliver! Sheila is jazzed about her trip. I hope I can deliver.

Sheila like many of us hasn't had the easiest time of it. I'm thrilled for her and hope her trip is all she hoped for. And I bet she will enjoy meeting GW and will appreciate him as tour guide just fine.
Just checking in. We're in Juneau. Have already spent too much money, but I'm having a ball. My best friend showed up on this cruise, I didn't even know she could keep a secret. We've been planning this trip for almost a year and she's been teasing me about it, saying she couldn't afford it. She drove us to the airport on Monday to catch the bus to the ship, the went home, picked up her husband and they drove to the boat. You should have seen my face when I saw them on the ship. Makes it even more special, and no, GW, you don't have to plan for them. :D We'll I'm paying an outrageous fee for this internet so I'll sign out now and talk to you all when we get back.

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all the others who we miss and hope to return

View attachment 75690

Thanks Foxy, as you can see, I'm so excited I can't sleep. Can hardly wait until we're under way. Talked to Gallentwarrior today and it's going to be a fun time in anchorage.
Holy crappoly! I hope I can deliver! Sheila is jazzed about her trip. I hope I can deliver.

Sheila like many of us hasn't had the easiest time of it. I'm thrilled for her and hope her trip is all she hoped for. And I bet she will enjoy meeting GW and will appreciate him as tour guide just fine.
Just checking in. We're in Juneau. Have already spent too much money, but I'm having a ball. My best friend showed up on this cruise, I didn't even know she could keep a secret. We've been planning this trip for almost a year and she's been teasing me about it, saying she couldn't afford it. She drove us to the airport on Monday to catch the bus to the ship, the went home, picked up her husband and they drove to the boat. You should have seen my face when I saw them on the ship. Makes it even more special, and no, GW, you don't have to plan for them. :D We'll I'm paying an outrageous fee for this internet so I'll sign out now and talk to you all when we get back.

I am sooo jealous...an Alaskan cruise is on my bucket list....now you got me thinkin' again

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,

View attachment 75690

Woo hoo Sheila. How wonderful. You probably won't see this until you get home but keep having that ball!!

hehehe if meat eaters acted like vegans (I'm definitely having a big cheese burger tonight).

hehehe if meat eaters acted like vegans (I'm definitely having a big cheese burger tonight).

fly-eater-smiley-emoticon.gif
hungry.gif

Yes being a "Ramp Rat" could be challenging on the imaginary hierarchy of the ramp. When I first started I had no experience at all in the airline field. It was a part-time gig scheduled for 24 hours a week in split shifts. I stayed sober and would work most generally 50 hours a week. 3 hours at a time. I really had no problem doing the honey and if any Supervisors had any no call/no shows I would work anytime day or night doing the honey. Only lived 15 minutes from the ramp. Eazy peazy POOF 26 months later I was a Ramp Manager. It was like herding cats...
Ok GW now to the important question! Is the big ass Brown Bear still in the glass enclosure inside the Terminal Building? I swear the son of a gun was 15ft tall!
Which terminal, North or South? There is a modest brown bear in the lobby of the North Terminal and I do believe the standing bear you refer to is still in the South Terminal. You might not recognize the place if you haven't been here in the last ten years, or so. The North ("international") terminal is used very little and only in the summer for the charter flights from Europe. China, Korean, and Asian airlines all overfly Anchorage now that they have aircraft capable of flying non-stop from over there to NYC, LA, and so forth. We still handle loads of cargo aircraft, though.

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,

View attachment 75690

Sheila, if your friend and hubby want to ride along, they are most welcome. I'm not promising Disneyland, but just a bit of Alaska inland from where your cruise itinerary takes you. I do believe the pickup will accommodate all comfortably enough. I won't plan for extras, but if they want to tag along...well, we Alaskans are friendly enough.

Which terminal, North or South? There is a modest brown bear in the lobby of the North Terminal and I do believe the standing bear you refer to is still in the South Terminal. You might not recognize the place if you haven't been here in the last ten years, or so. The North ("international") terminal is used very little and only in the summer for the charter flights from Europe. China, Korean, and Asian airlines all overfly Anchorage now that they have aircraft capable of flying non-stop from over there to NYC, LA, and so forth. We still handle loads of cargo aircraft, though.

Last time I was in ANC was either 87 or 88, I really don't remember, and if I remember there was only one terminal. I flew there from HNL on a Charter Airline called Total Air. Lockheed L-1011 Aircraft.
Damn 757, 767 and 777's skip over HNL also. Back in the day we used to have 3 days a week where QF would have 3 wide bodies on the way to LAX, SFO and YVR. Interlining baggage and cargo with a/c cleaning in 70 minute turns. 12 hours later they would return on their way Down Under and we would do it all over again. I loved the 747. Wonderful A/C.
Just an old man reliving his glory days.

It truly is the happiest place on Earth. Even this guy would be happy at Disney World.

Depressed-Man.jpg

silhouette-studio-00.jpg
\\

I've been to each of the Disney parks once (Epcot and Magic Kingdom, as well as going to Universal Studios once). I hated it each time. :lol:
Never been, never wanted to go, the wife and I are not "crowd" people. Looks like you two had fun though. :thup:

I would never pay the sort of money it costs for Disney AND put up with large crowds. I made the mistake a couple of times going during peak season, and it definitely took some of the magic away. My kids have grown up as Disney kids, and now we've converted WQ.:D He didn't expect to enjoy it as much as he did last year, and has been looking forward to returning ever since. We will do the Christmas party, which is a special event and very limited ticketing. It's awesome because the Magic Kingdom is breathtaking with all of the decorations, and all of the attractions are walk on or very short waits.:thup: If you went during the week of Christmas though, it would be huge crowds and long waits. No thanks. We're going at the perfect time for both crowds and weather.:)

It truly is the happiest place on Earth. Even this guy would be happy at Disney World.

Depressed-Man.jpg

silhouette-studio-00.jpg
\\

I've been to each of the Disney parks once (Epcot and Magic Kingdom, as well as going to Universal Studios once). I hated it each time. :lol:

I would never pay the sort of money it costs for Disney AND put up with large crowds. I made the mistake a couple of times going during peak season, and it definitely took some of the magic away. My kids have grown up as Disney kids, and now we've converted WQ.:D He didn't expect to enjoy it as much as he did last year, and has been looking forward to returning ever since. We will do the Christmas party, which is a special event and very limited ticketing. It's awesome because the Magic Kingdom is breathtaking with all of the decorations, and all of the attractions are walk on or very short waits.:thup: If you went during the week of Christmas though, it would be huge crowds and long waits. No thanks. We're going at the perfect time for both crowds and weather.:)
Y'all need to take a road trip some day to Marceline, Missouri. It's where Walt lived for a short time but loved it so much, he made the downtown of Disneyland (Main Street USA) the exact image of downtown Marceline. How do I know this? Been looking at houses there. They are CHEAP. But the town is slowly dying, too. The economy. Rough times, etc.
They have a Disney museum there too...and some stuff donated to them by Walt's sister when he died because the Disney's knew how much Walt loved Marceline.

Ahhh.... 82 degrees...nice breeze...relaxing on the back patio...sippin my own hoppy wheat ale....it's good to be alive.

It is indeed. Though it's 11 pm and I'm in my office sipping my nighttime melatonin thingee in advance of going to bed. A cricket is chirping outside the window and my office looks like a gigantic recycling bin exploded in the middle of it. Digging out desks, boxes of old papers, storage cabinets, all. It has turned out to be the biggest job of our get rid of all unnecessary stuff project.

I wish I could sit outside and see the stars but as usual..the fog has rolled in and its cold out there. :(

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

upload_2016-5-27_23-23-18.png

Ahhh.... 82 degrees...nice breeze...relaxing on the back patio...sippin my own hoppy wheat ale....it's good to be alive.

It is indeed. Though it's 11 pm and I'm in my office sipping my nighttime melatonin thingee in advance of going to bed. A cricket is chirping outside the window and my office looks like a gigantic recycling bin exploded in the middle of it. Digging out desks, boxes of old papers, storage cabinets, all. It has turned out to be the biggest job of our get rid of all unnecessary stuff project.

I am entering into that stage....downsizing.
Daughter 26...will be married next year, Son 21 finishing last year of college.
We don't need this big house anymore...I am ready for a much smaller house in a location I want to be.

Forum List

Back