USMB Coffee Shop IV

100 degrees is toaster hot. I cannot imagine expiring in such temperatures. It's 72 here right now and I'm sheltering in my much cooler garaged "house". I'll wake up sweat-soaked a couple of times before I go to work later tonight.
It's all in what you're used to. Just woke up, the outside temp is 83, inside with only one swamp cooler running it feels positively arctic in here. It was warm last night when I first tried to go to bed, 90 outside and the house hadn't yet shed it's stored up heat from the day.
True, it's what you're used to. By 4 am this morning it was already 60F. By this afternoon, it was in the mid-70s. That's pretty danged hot for this part of the world. Worst thing about the heat, and as dry as it's been, is the danger of wildfires. People just don't believe how dangerous an open fire can be when conditions are like this. After all, everything is so green!

:bye1::coffee:

Hello-there-_tcsw.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Well I think I caught up everything since we left last week. It was good to catch up with everybody and see everyone is still kicking. We're back in Texas now, will attend the big Texas production at the canyon tonight, and unless we are just too wiped out for being up so late, will head home tomorrow. Have had a good time, but can't wait to get home to my own bed.

Looking forward to the Texas Musical tonight though:

PaloDuro-flag.jpg

TexasOutdoorMusicalDrama-Amphitheatre.jpg

texas-musical-drama-palo-duro-canyon-98.jpeg

And looking forward to seeing Palo Duro Canyon again too:

lighthouse-peak.jpg

Well I think I caught up everything since we left last week. It was good to catch up with everybody and see everyone is still kicking. We're back in Texas now, will attend the big Texas production at the canyon tonight, and unless we are just too wiped out for being up so late, will head home tomorrow. Have had a good time, but can't wait to get home to my own bed.

Looking forward to the Texas Musical tonight though:

PaloDuro-flag.jpg

TexasOutdoorMusicalDrama-Amphitheatre.jpg

texas-musical-drama-palo-duro-canyon-98.jpeg

And looking forward to seeing Palo Duro Canyon again too:

lighthouse-peak.jpg
Beautiful country up there. I've flown past Palo Duro Canyon several times going between Amarillo and DFW, but never stopped there.

A Civil Air Patrol acquaintance crashed his Pilatus Porter jump plane in there several years ago. I'm sure the wreckage is still out there. He bailed out, but the circumstances made several wonder if he wasn't just collecting the insurance on it. ;)

This isn's Jim Bishop's. His was red and yellow IIRC.

56577.jpg

Forum List

Back