USMB Coffee Shop IV

If I may suggest a classic...

View attachment 82023
I'll do ya one better!

220px-The_Pride_Of_The_Yankees_1942.jpg

I love real men. mr. boe and my brother are putting safety railings and bars in my parents' house so that my Dad will be safer at home. This is the kind of thing that real men who know how to use tools and stuff do to take care of the people they love. Yay Men!

It's funny what pops into my head from time to time. I was thinking about making a trip to Tombstone sometime this year and the movie Tombstone came to mind. What I was seeing in my mind's eye was the scene where Wyatt and Josephine met up in the mountains while on a casual ride, trees, green grass, a natural lake....... The closest area resembling that would be the Pinos Altos Mountains about 170 miles away, if they rode hard to get there it would take them 4.5 to 5 days just to get to the foothills another 2 to 3 days to get into the mountains where a scene like that might be found. Kinda far to go for a casual ride........
Don'tcha just love Hollywood....... :lol:

Could some of it be explained by changes in terrain in the intervening time?

Populations and cities change and you have buildings where there was once open country. But I think it unlikely that forests and mountains appear or go away in less than 200 years time.

Mountains certainly not. Forest, though....I imagine there have been some forests which were destroyed by the incursion of humans. :)

True. But not in the southern Arizona desert.

I love real men. mr. boe and my brother are putting safety railings and bars in my parents' house so that my Dad will be safer at home. This is the kind of thing that real men who know how to use tools and stuff do to take care of the people they love. Yay Men!

Is your Dad doing better Boe? I was wondering about him. I am by no means handicapped but Hombre installed some safety bars in the bathroom just to make sure there was no slip and fall etc. And I do use them, even if just for a towel rack. :)

Well back from Wally World. I survived but just barely, it was getting busy just as I was leaving and all the clueless morons seemed to be shopping when I arrived even though I try to plan it to miss most of them.
Did have to circumvent one family reunion in one aisle and another long lost friends get together in another as well as the spacey individuals wandering randomly around the store oblivious to everyone and everything around them. Since I always expect it these days I now just shake my head and find another way around or patiently wait for them to move on.

<<<< Thankful for Amazon Prime... Have not been in a Walmart for close to 4 years for the very reason you speak of...

Well back from Wally World. I survived but just barely, it was getting busy just as I was leaving and all the clueless morons seemed to be shopping when I arrived even though I try to plan it to miss most of them.
Did have to circumvent one family reunion in one aisle and another long lost friends get together in another as well as the spacey individuals wandering randomly around the store oblivious to everyone and everything around them. Since I always expect it these days I now just shake my head and find another way around or patiently wait for them to move on.

On stuffing the whole hog with chicken breasts...

A few years ago, we stuffed the pig with home made sausage. My brother and I found 30 pounds of pork and veal and spices then stuffed our sausage in natural casings. We put it into the pig and roasted the thing checking the internal temperature for the target of 160 degrees. Everything went well until we pulled the spit and opened the pig. The sausage was fully cooked, but not browned. All that sausage coming from the pig reminded too many people of intestines. We had a lot of leftovers.

Everything went well until we pulled the spit and opened the pig. The sausage was fully cooked, but not browned. All that sausage coming from the pig reminded too many people of intestines. We had a lot of leftovers.

Bummer... I have always been the type of person that what something looked like never stopped me from eating it. I am sure the flavor of the sausage was spot on.

<<<< Thankful for Amazon Prime... Have not been in a Walmart for close to 4 years for the very reason you speak of...

Generally I go to out local Walmart Neighborhood store but today I had to go to the superstore as the other one doesn't carry a lot of non food/general household items, the neighborhood store is always much less crowded.
I'm still going to have to go the the neighborhood store as the super doesn't carry some of the food stuffs we normally buy.

A few years ago, we stuffed the pig with home made sausage. My brother and I found 30 pounds of pork and veal and spices then stuffed our sausage in natural casings. We put it into the pig and roasted the thing checking the internal temperature for the target of 160 degrees. Everything went well until we pulled the spit and opened the pig. The sausage was fully cooked, but not browned. All that sausage coming from the pig reminded too many people of intestines. We had a lot of leftovers.

Even if I thought that looked gross, I probably would have happily taken leftovers home. Yum, sausage! :D

I visit my local Kroger to get some fruits and dairy maybe once a week (eezy breezy) and do a fairly substantial order through Peapod.com every 2 weeks or so. I may pay a little more but the convenience of having the UPS man bring groceries to my door is phenomenal. And I have been hard pressed to try to find something that Peapod doesn't have.

Even if I thought that looked gross, I probably would have happily taken leftovers home. Yum, sausage! :D
We put them on the grill the next morning. They were gone by 9:00!

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Sherry's son and his European tour group,
Boedicca's Dad,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Sunset over Lake Merritt, Oakland CA

lake-merritt-oakland-ca.jpg

Well, its warmed up in England. Its about 32 c degrees, or 90 f. I noticed I was sweating a little in bed.
But it does not feel very hot to me.

Oh! A food you actually like, Mr. Picky Pants. :D

Montro is our picky eater. And I never thought to ask him what he DOES like to eat. Now we know. :)

Montro is our picky eater. And I never thought to ask him what he DOES like to eat. Now we know. :)

I like lots of things!

Cheez Its and Goldfish. Cereal and milk. Yogurt (with sugar, not artificial sweetener). Meats without a bunch of crap on them, be it beef or pork or chicken. Salad that doesn't have more than lettuce, cucumber, celery, carrots, or green peppers in it, and only with vinegar or Italian dressing, or plain. I like broccoli, green beans, corn, cauliflower.....erm, there may be other veggies I like but I can't think of them offhand. Potatoes are fine! I like plenty of fruit, I just avoid citrus because of my reflux. I like oranges and grapefruit (with plenty of sugar) though. Same with chocolate, it's good I just don't eat it much because of reflux. Ditto pizza.

Sure, I don't eat nuts. I don't eat any seafood. I don't eat mushrooms. I don't put sauces or condiments on my food. I don't like most cheeses. I don't like tomato products (except on pizza, for whatever reason). That doesn't mean I don't like things! :)

I like lots of things!

Cheez Its and Goldfish. Cereal and milk. Yogurt (with sugar, not artificial sweetener). Meats without a bunch of crap on them, be it beef or pork or chicken. Salad that doesn't have more than lettuce, cucumber, celery, carrots, or green peppers in it, and only with vinegar or Italian dressing, or plain. I like broccoli, green beans, corn, cauliflower.....erm, there may be other veggies I like but I can't think of them offhand. Potatoes are fine! I like plenty of fruit, I just avoid citrus because of my reflux. I like oranges and grapefruit (with plenty of sugar) though. Same with chocolate, it's good I just don't eat it much because of reflux. Ditto pizza.

Sure, I don't eat nuts. I don't eat any seafood. I don't eat mushrooms. I don't put sauces or condiments on my food. I don't like most cheeses. I don't like tomato products (except on pizza, for whatever reason). That doesn't mean I don't like things! :)

I don't know how anyone can not like cheeses! :eek: Damn, your mom must have been pulling her hair out trying to feed you!

I like lots of things!

Well you can get a pretty decent diet out of all that. And I would be able to cook for you quiet competently. :)

Forum List

Back