USMB Coffee Shop IV

I love ALL cheese. :D It's not easy being cheesy.

I am not supposed to eat any cheese, because I have high cholesterol. So mostly I don't eat it. But once in a while I crack and buy a packet of cheese and eat it off the knife, without biscuits or bread, or anything.
I am not supposed to eat bacon or pizza either.

Without a gall bladder these are both very hard to digest.

But guess what my favorite pizza is ?!

Cheese? :) I probably shouldn't eat either too as they ttook my gallbladder out with other stuff in November. But I have had no problem eating bacon or pizza.

I tolerate mozzarella and American cheese. Like I said, I enjoy pizza, and I'm good with a grilled cheese sandwich. I'll eat a cheeseburger, too, although I prefer my burger without it. I don't intentionally put cheese on anything, though, and I despise things like parmesan cheese. *shudder*

Yum! I love Parmigiano-Reggiano. You can't make spaghetti sauce without it!

I don't put sauce on my spaghetti. ;)

You can tell my Italian ancestry, right? :lmao:

Guess what I'm making myself to eat? Pasta with basil and Parmesan cheese! Lots of it! :D
:puke:
Spaghetti squash instead of pasta with onions, carrots, black olives and broccoli in a pesto sauce or simply with creamy Italian or Greek dressing.
:puke3:

Guess what I'm making myself to eat? Pasta with basil and Parmesan cheese! Lots of it! :D
Spaghetti squash instead of pasta with onions, carrots, black olives and broccoli in a pesto sauce or simply with creamy Italian or Greek dressing.
It's actually very good and much better for ya. :thup:

I tolerate mozzarella and American cheese. Like I said, I enjoy pizza, and I'm good with a grilled cheese sandwich. I'll eat a cheeseburger, too, although I prefer my burger without it. I don't intentionally put cheese on anything, though, and I despise things like parmesan cheese. *shudder*

I am not a real connoisseur of Italian or Greek. I do enjoy really good pizza and occasionally a lasagna or spaghetti dinner but an Italian or Greek restaurant is not my first choice for dining out. I do like a lot of Asian and French cuisine, even the Brits and Germans have a dish or two that I admire. Mexican/Spanish/New Mexican/Southwestern foods I mostly like but some don't like me all that much. I have never been able to appreciate Swedish food. Basically I'm just an All American girl partial to southern style cooking.

I am not a real connoisseur of Italian or Greek. I do enjoy really good pizza and occasionally a lasagna or spaghetti dinner but an Italian or Greek restaurant is not my first choice for dining out. I do like a lot of Asian and French cuisine, even the Brits and Germans have a dish or two that I admire. Mexican/Spanish/New Mexican/Southwestern foods I mostly like but some don't like me all that much. I have never been able to appreciate Swedish food. Basically I'm just an All American girl partial to southern style cooking.

I like most Italian food, but I don't like olives.

Being a historian one thing I enjoy doing is researching the actual history after watching a historically "inspired" movie, if I'm not already familiar with the history.
Believe it or not Hollywood has actually done a couple that were very close to the actual event(s) but most are only somewhat close to almost complete fabrications. About the only thing they got correct in Young Guns were the names, Gladiator was somewhat close but it's saving grace is the depiction of Roman culture at the time. The Buccaneer (1958) with Charlton Heston and Yul Brynner (directed by Anthony Quinn) was very close to the historical events.

What about Amistad, or Chariots of Fire? Are either of those particularly accurate? Those are the first based on historical events movies that popped into my head. :)

I just watched Chariots of Fire again last week. In some ways a compelling and in some ways a really boring movie. I know it is historically based but no clue how historically accurate the screenplay is.

And I love all olives, black, green, whatever. I just don't want them in Italian or Mexican food. :)

And I love all olives, black, green, whatever. I just don't want them in Italian or Mexican food. :)

I used to have a cat that loved green olives.

Oh! A food you actually like, Mr. Picky Pants. :D

Montro is our picky eater. And I never thought to ask him what he DOES like to eat. Now we know. :)

I like lots of things!

Cheez Its and Goldfish. Cereal and milk. Yogurt (with sugar, not artificial sweetener). Meats without a bunch of crap on them, be it beef or pork or chicken. Salad that doesn't have more than lettuce, cucumber, celery, carrots, or green peppers in it, and only with vinegar or Italian dressing, or plain. I like broccoli, green beans, corn, cauliflower.....erm, there may be other veggies I like but I can't think of them offhand. Potatoes are fine! I like plenty of fruit, I just avoid citrus because of my reflux. I like oranges and grapefruit (with plenty of sugar) though. Same with chocolate, it's good I just don't eat it much because of reflux. Ditto pizza.

Sure, I don't eat nuts. I don't eat any seafood. I don't eat mushrooms. I don't put sauces or condiments on my food. I don't like most cheeses. I don't like tomato products (except on pizza, for whatever reason). That doesn't mean I don't like things! :)

I don't know how anyone can not like cheeses! :eek: Damn, your mom must have been pulling her hair out trying to feed you!

Yeah you can. We do sprinkle parmesan on our spaghetti after it is sauced though. And I buy parmesan encrusted cod at Sprout's Whole Foods Farmers Market that is terrific though a little pricey for the amount of fish you get.

Montro is our picky eater. And I never thought to ask him what he DOES like to eat. Now we know. :)

I like lots of things!

Cheez Its and Goldfish. Cereal and milk. Yogurt (with sugar, not artificial sweetener). Meats without a bunch of crap on them, be it beef or pork or chicken. Salad that doesn't have more than lettuce, cucumber, celery, carrots, or green peppers in it, and only with vinegar or Italian dressing, or plain. I like broccoli, green beans, corn, cauliflower.....erm, there may be other veggies I like but I can't think of them offhand. Potatoes are fine! I like plenty of fruit, I just avoid citrus because of my reflux. I like oranges and grapefruit (with plenty of sugar) though. Same with chocolate, it's good I just don't eat it much because of reflux. Ditto pizza.

Sure, I don't eat nuts. I don't eat any seafood. I don't eat mushrooms. I don't put sauces or condiments on my food. I don't like most cheeses. I don't like tomato products (except on pizza, for whatever reason). That doesn't mean I don't like things! :)

I don't know how anyone can not like cheeses! :eek: Damn, your mom must have been pulling her hair out trying to feed you!

Yeah you can. We do sprinkle parmesan on our spaghetti after it is sauced though. And I buy parmesan encrusted cod at Sprout's Whole Foods Farmers Market that is terrific though a little pricey for the amount of fish you get.

Sauce isn't the same without the parmesiano! :D

Okay boys and girls. Here's your periodic math quiz. You get the answers for all three by choosing the same method from addition, multiplication, or division:

13770270_1013644202088539_2310662308868391355_n.jpg

Last edited:
I like lots of things!

Sauce isn't the same without the parmesiano! :D

I'll have to research that though we really do like my tomato sauce. But I'm willing to try anything once.

Okay. for the record, I do not eat poultry. This stems back to some childhood trauma that includes a tour of the Stouffer's plant near Cleveland, tackle football on the grounds of The Big House and Alfred Hitchcock.

I do not eat mushrooms because I cannot stomach the notion of eating something that belongs in the same botanical phylum as anything that may grow between ones toes. I do not eat any cheeses beyond mozzarella and provolone (which is smoked mozzarella). The aroma of macaroni and cheese with real or fake cheddar makes my bronchial tubes close down.

I do eat all fruits except melons. I've tried to like cantaloupe and honeydew and water melon, but, with apologies, I do not enjoy them.

There is not one piece of seafood I do not like. From raw oysters on the half shell to Mrs. Paul's fish sticks, count on me to love seafood.

Every time I visit my Brooklyn friend I can count on the aroma of basil, garlic and olive oil getting stuck in my sinuses. As for Greek cuisine, I've been told by a lot of other folks that the best cooks in Greece stayed there. But a good gyro or a slice of baklava is always welcome.

Vegetables, save cooked cabbage or Brussels sprouts are great. The cabbage variety makes me a bit gassy, so my company may not be all that pleasant.

That being said, I'm off to the grocers to get a gallon of skim milk and a jar of peanut butter. You take the high road and I'll take the low road and I'll be in Scotland before ye. But avoid Scottish cuisine. Have you ever seen a Scottish restaurant? Of course not! The Scots invented everything useful on this planet except cuisine.

It's actually very good and much better for ya. :thup:

It actually is. I suppose if you make whole wheat pasta is is better. But I was amazed to know how much flour goes into a single serving of homemade pasta. The store bought pasta is probably even worse.

Forum List

Back