USMB Coffee Shop IV

On stuffing the whole hog with chicken breasts...

A few years ago, we stuffed the pig with home made sausage. My brother and I found 30 pounds of pork and veal and spices then stuffed our sausage in natural casings. We put it into the pig and roasted the thing checking the internal temperature for the target of 160 degrees. Everything went well until we pulled the spit and opened the pig. The sausage was fully cooked, but not browned. All that sausage coming from the pig reminded too many people of intestines. We had a lot of leftovers.

Even if I thought that looked gross, I probably would have happily taken leftovers home. Yum, sausage! :D

Oh! A food you actually like, Mr. Picky Pants. :D

Montro is our picky eater. And I never thought to ask him what he DOES like to eat. Now we know. :)

I like lots of things!

Cheez Its and Goldfish. Cereal and milk. Yogurt (with sugar, not artificial sweetener). Meats without a bunch of crap on them, be it beef or pork or chicken. Salad that doesn't have more than lettuce, cucumber, celery, carrots, or green peppers in it, and only with vinegar or Italian dressing, or plain. I like broccoli, green beans, corn, cauliflower.....erm, there may be other veggies I like but I can't think of them offhand. Potatoes are fine! I like plenty of fruit, I just avoid citrus because of my reflux. I like oranges and grapefruit (with plenty of sugar) though. Same with chocolate, it's good I just don't eat it much because of reflux. Ditto pizza.

Sure, I don't eat nuts. I don't eat any seafood. I don't eat mushrooms. I don't put sauces or condiments on my food. I don't like most cheeses. I don't like tomato products (except on pizza, for whatever reason). That doesn't mean I don't like things! :)

I don't know how anyone can not like cheeses! :eek: Damn, your mom must have been pulling her hair out trying to feed you!

I got my pickiness from my mom. :) She also did the, "You'll sit at the table until you finish your food whether you like it or not!" thing with us. :lol:

A few years ago, we stuffed the pig with home made sausage. My brother and I found 30 pounds of pork and veal and spices then stuffed our sausage in natural casings. We put it into the pig and roasted the thing checking the internal temperature for the target of 160 degrees. Everything went well until we pulled the spit and opened the pig. The sausage was fully cooked, but not browned. All that sausage coming from the pig reminded too many people of intestines. We had a lot of leftovers.

Even if I thought that looked gross, I probably would have happily taken leftovers home. Yum, sausage! :D

Montro is our picky eater. And I never thought to ask him what he DOES like to eat. Now we know. :)

I like lots of things!

Cheez Its and Goldfish. Cereal and milk. Yogurt (with sugar, not artificial sweetener). Meats without a bunch of crap on them, be it beef or pork or chicken. Salad that doesn't have more than lettuce, cucumber, celery, carrots, or green peppers in it, and only with vinegar or Italian dressing, or plain. I like broccoli, green beans, corn, cauliflower.....erm, there may be other veggies I like but I can't think of them offhand. Potatoes are fine! I like plenty of fruit, I just avoid citrus because of my reflux. I like oranges and grapefruit (with plenty of sugar) though. Same with chocolate, it's good I just don't eat it much because of reflux. Ditto pizza.

Sure, I don't eat nuts. I don't eat any seafood. I don't eat mushrooms. I don't put sauces or condiments on my food. I don't like most cheeses. I don't like tomato products (except on pizza, for whatever reason). That doesn't mean I don't like things! :)

I don't know how anyone can not like cheeses! :eek: Damn, your mom must have been pulling her hair out trying to feed you!

I tolerate mozzarella and American cheese. Like I said, I enjoy pizza, and I'm good with a grilled cheese sandwich. I'll eat a cheeseburger, too, although I prefer my burger without it. I don't intentionally put cheese on anything, though, and I despise things like parmesan cheese. *shudder*

I like lots of things!

I tolerate mozzarella and American cheese. Like I said, I enjoy pizza, and I'm good with a grilled cheese sandwich. I'll eat a cheeseburger, too, although I prefer my burger without it. I don't intentionally put cheese on anything, though, and I despise things like parmesan cheese. *shudder*

I love ALL cheese. :D It's not easy being cheesy.

I like lots of things!

:eusa_doh:

I like lots of things!

tumblr_nfb1qbfadt1qmvikho1_500.gif

I like lots of things!

Yum! I love Parmigiano-Reggiano. You can't make spaghetti sauce without it!

I like lots of things!

I don't put sauce on my spaghetti. ;)

You can tell my Italian ancestry, right? :lmao:

I like lots of things!

Is that Wallace & Gromit?

I like lots of things!

OMG. :disbelief:

I like lots of things!

Is that Wallace & Gromit?
Cheese Gromit! Cheese! :D
2872905.jpg

I like lots of things!

Guess what I'm making myself to eat? Pasta with basil and Parmesan cheese! Lots of it! :D

I like lots of things!

Guess what I'm making myself to eat? Pasta with basil and Parmesan cheese! Lots of it! :D
:puke:

hungry_boy.gif

I am not supposed to eat any cheese, because I have high cholesterol. So mostly I don't eat it. But once in a while I crack and buy a packet of cheese and eat it off the knife, without biscuits or bread, or anything.

Spaghetti squash instead of pasta with onions, carrots, black olives and broccoli in a pesto sauce or simply with creamy Italian or Greek dressing.

I am not supposed to eat any cheese, because I have high cholesterol. So mostly I don't eat it. But once in a while I crack and buy a packet of cheese and eat it off the knife, without biscuits or bread, or anything.

Take some ground flax seed or chia seed daily and you probably won't have a cholesterol problem.

I am not supposed to eat bacon or pizza either.

Without a gall bladder these are both very hard to digest.

But guess what my favorite pizza is ?!

Forum List

Back