USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've tried to like cantaloupe and honeydew and water melon, but, with apologies, I do not enjoy them.

I would agree with this except I love watermelon. The other kinds of melon I don't much care for.

I love all melon with watermelon my all time favorite, cantelope second, and all the others far distant third etc. But melon quality runs in cycles. Some years the melons are great. Some years almost no flavor at all. This summer has been a bad year for melons.

I've tried to like cantaloupe and honeydew and water melon, but, with apologies, I do not enjoy them.

I would agree with this except I love watermelon. The other kinds of melon I don't much care for.

I love all melon with watermelon my all time favorite, cantelope second, and all the others far distant third etc. But melon quality runs in cycles. Some years the melons are great. Some years almost no flavor at all. This summer has been a bad year for melons.

We just had a watermelon a week or two ago. Yum! I haven't eaten that much watermelon in quite a while.
:)

Okay. for the record, I do not eat poultry. This stems back to some childhood trauma that includes a tour of the Stouffer's plant near Cleveland, tackle football on the grounds of The Big House and Alfred Hitchcock.

I do not eat mushrooms because I cannot stomach the notion of eating something that belongs in the same botanical phylum as anything that may grow between ones toes. I do not eat any cheeses beyond mozzarella and provolone (which is smoked mozzarella). The aroma of macaroni and cheese with real or fake cheddar makes my bronchial tubes close down.

I do eat all fruits except melons. I've tried to like cantaloupe and honeydew and water melon, but, with apologies, I do not enjoy them.

There is not one piece of seafood I do not like. From raw oysters on the half shell to Mrs. Paul's fish sticks, count on me to love seafood.

Every time I visit my Brooklyn friend I can count on the aroma of basil, garlic and olive oil getting stuck in my sinuses. As for Greek cuisine, I've been told by a lot of other folks that the best cooks in Greece stayed there. But a good gyro or a slice of baklava is always welcome.

Vegetables, save cooked cabbage or Brussels sprouts are great. The cabbage variety makes me a bit gassy, so my company may not be all that pleasant.

That being said, I'm off to the grocers to get a gallon of skim milk and a jar of peanut butter. You take the high road and I'll take the low road and I'll be in Scotland before ye. But avoid Scottish cuisine. Have you ever seen a Scottish restaurant? Of course not! The Scots invented everything useful on this planet except cuisine.

LOL. I love cabbage AND brussel sprouts cooked properly. Roasted brussel sprouts are the best. Chicken and turkey are probably more of our protein staples than are beef and pork, or it could be a toss up. I love a lot of fish and seafood too, but Hombre not so much so these are a sometimes treat for me. He does like the parmesan encrusted cod though. And we do like cheddar as well as other cheeses but I know a LOT of people who like the monterey jack, colby, and other white cheeses but won't touch cheddar.

A bit more math though this one involves culinary knowledge more than math:

13690696_1014108695375423_3307474611858833046_n.jpg

Or 10 if you don't consider a tomato a fruit. :)

A tomato is a fruit. I was taught that the leaves and roots of plants are vegatables, but anything with seeds in it--that would be tomato, corn, peppers, cucumbers--are actually fruit though no cuisine in the world would not include them among the veggie sides. You know the old saying: knowledge is knowing that tomatoes and cucumbers are fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put them in a fruit salad.

Okay. for the record, I do not eat poultry. This stems back to some childhood trauma that includes a tour of the Stouffer's plant near Cleveland, tackle football on the grounds of The Big House and Alfred Hitchcock.

I do not eat mushrooms because I cannot stomach the notion of eating something that belongs in the same botanical phylum as anything that may grow between ones toes. I do not eat any cheeses beyond mozzarella and provolone (which is smoked mozzarella). The aroma of macaroni and cheese with real or fake cheddar makes my bronchial tubes close down.

I do eat all fruits except melons. I've tried to like cantaloupe and honeydew and water melon, but, with apologies, I do not enjoy them.

There is not one piece of seafood I do not like. From raw oysters on the half shell to Mrs. Paul's fish sticks, count on me to love seafood.

Every time I visit my Brooklyn friend I can count on the aroma of basil, garlic and olive oil getting stuck in my sinuses. As for Greek cuisine, I've been told by a lot of other folks that the best cooks in Greece stayed there. But a good gyro or a slice of baklava is always welcome.

Vegetables, save cooked cabbage or Brussels sprouts are great. The cabbage variety makes me a bit gassy, so my company may not be all that pleasant.

That being said, I'm off to the grocers to get a gallon of skim milk and a jar of peanut butter. You take the high road and I'll take the low road and I'll be in Scotland before ye. But avoid Scottish cuisine. Have you ever seen a Scottish restaurant? Of course not! The Scots invented everything useful on this planet except cuisine.

LOL. I love cabbage AND brussel sprouts cooked properly. Roasted brussel sprouts are the best. Chicken and turkey are probably more of our protein staples than are beef and pork, or it could be a toss up. I love a lot of fish and seafood too, but Hombre not so much so these are a sometimes treat for me. He does like the parmesan encrusted cod though. And we do like cheddar as well as other cheeses but I know a LOT of people who like the monterey jack, colby, and other white cheeses but won't touch cheddar.

I love cheddar. I love all the cheeses that I've ever had!

It must be like fine wine.

Have you ever seen a Scottish restaurant?

golden-arches.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

golden-arches.jpg

American cuisine interpreted by Scots. But try to order a haggis burger or a shank of mutton on a sesame seed bun...

golden-arches.jpg

American cuisine interpreted by Scots. But try to order a haggis burger or a shank of mutton on a sesame seed bun...
mcdonalds in scotland - Google Search

Hey, ya never know....... :D

I'm curious. Have any of our Coffee Shoppers downloaded the Pokemon app and have joined that circus? It is all the rage here. (And no, I haven't.)

I'm curious. Have any of our Coffee Shoppers downloaded the Pokemon app and have joined that circus? It is all the rage here. (And no, I haven't.)
Nope but I have heard interesting stories about some who have one kid playing steped on copperhead and got bit and a woman playing while driving ran into a police car.

Ah well. If not Pokemon then something else I supppose.

I don't really understand it. I understand the pocket size little creatures being collectibles and TV shows and movies being made featuring them though I have never ever watched either. I come from a baseball card included with bubble gum trading generation so all this is pretty new to me. I understand the scavenger hunts looking for small hidden treasures with the GPS. But I don't understand how this Pokemon craze hunting for the creatures all over the place get where they are now.

Last edited:
Nope but I have heard interesting stories about some who have one kid playing steped on copperhead and got bit and a woman playing while driving ran into a police car.

I don't really understand it. I understand the pocket size little creatures being collectibles and TV shows and movies being made featuring them though I have never ever watched either. I come from a baseball card included with bubble gum trading generation so all this is pretty new to me. I understand the scavenger hunts looking for small hidden treasures with the GPS. But I don't understand how this Pokemon craze hunting for the creatures all over the place get where they are now.
I think Mother Nature and Darwin came up with the game to weed out the imbeciles........

I think Mother Nature and Darwin came up with the game to weed out the imbeciles........
I fear the imbeciles are multiplying to fast for it to have any effect.

There is a game called geocaching which my employer did for a bit. It seems to be pretty much the same idea, only without Pokemon. They would follow GPS coordinates to find things in a scavenger hunt style of play.

Why Pokemon has made this suddenly a huge thing, I have no clue.

There is a game called geocaching which my employer did for a bit. It seems to be pretty much the same idea, only without Pokemon. They would follow GPS coordinates to find things in a scavenger hunt style of play.

Why Pokemon has made this suddenly a huge thing, I have no clue.

Yes my daughter has done some of that. You follow the GPS coordinates to find a small hidden treasure someplace. And you take it but you leave another in its place. Or at least the honorable players do. But this Pokemon thing defies explanation.

No ma'am... Why in the world would I look for something that is not there, when I have a difficult time finding the bathroom at times?

Forum List

Back