USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm so tired. And so depressed. When I go out to my now ugly back yard, it is covered in tarps with stuff I wanted and don't want. The birds are not happy. No food, so I give them crumbs of bread. Hummer feeders are going dry. I will fill them up before we go and leave them but the owner of the house won't fee them so maybe I should take them so the birds know the well has dried up here.

Whatever the case...today is not good. Very whiney. Very down. Very.....meh.

Me too. I made the decision to remodel my kitchen. The contractor made the decision to demolish it, but hasn't yet come back to put it back together, it's been 3 weeks with no progress....

Who woulda thunk being 65 and 70 years old, we would be homeless, dependent on a friend for a room, selling all our stuff and giving most away, starting all over at this age?

We were so stupid. So stupid. SO fucking stupid to not consider this when we were younger.

so sorry to hear of your woes, and here I was feeling sorry for myself, at least I have a roof over my head, if not a stove to put a pot on to cook in.

I'm so tired. And so depressed. When I go out to my now ugly back yard, it is covered in tarps with stuff I wanted and don't want. The birds are not happy. No food, so I give them crumbs of bread. Hummer feeders are going dry. I will fill them up before we go and leave them but the owner of the house won't fee them so maybe I should take them so the birds know the well has dried up here.

Whatever the case...today is not good. Very whiney. Very down. Very.....meh.

Me too. I made the decision to remodel my kitchen. The contractor made the decision to demolish it, but hasn't yet come back to put it back together, it's been 3 weeks with no progress....

Ewwww bummer

Inlaws came down today to help me tomorrow with the final yard sale. I think they took most of the stuff, lol. I still have furniture and art and man cave stuff and kitchen stuff, but she took most all the clothing and shoes, and a bunch of other stuff. Which is great...less to put curbside. Now all I have to do is get rid of the big furniture...recliner, chair, coffee table that was my dads and is about 85 years old cuz I was a toddler hanging on to it and I hate to see it go...but...it's just stuff, right? Can't eat it, can't live in it...may as well sell it to someone that will appreciate it. That includes the rest of the stuff out there.

I am not as bummed as I was. That's not to say I won't get there again, mood wise, but I'll snap out of it eventually. I think. Sometimes I just have whine and come here to get my cheese. ;)

Inlaws came down today to help me tomorrow with the final yard sale. I think they took most of the stuff, lol. I still have furniture and art and man cave stuff and kitchen stuff, but she took most all the clothing and shoes, and a bunch of other stuff. Which is great...less to put curbside. Now all I have to do is get rid of the big furniture...recliner, chair, coffee table that was my dads and is about 85 years old cuz I was a toddler hanging on to it and I hate to see it go...but...it's just stuff, right? Can't eat it, can't live in it...may as well sell it to someone that will appreciate it. That includes the rest of the stuff out there.

I am not as bummed as I was. That's not to say I won't get there again, mood wise, but I'll snap out of it eventually. I think. Sometimes I just have whine and come here to get my cheese. ;)

Have you considered curds?

Making-Cheese-Curds.jpg

It is just stuff but that doesn't mean it is not emotionally wrenching to let it go. But we did that when we left Kansas. The beautiful piano that I loved and the kids grew up with, my antique dining room set, family heirlooms going way back, etc. And except for the piano, I do not miss any of it now. I wish I had kept the piano.

Greetings, Everwon!
It's been a while, hasn't it. Too many pages to read to catch up, sorry.
We've started our rainy season here. I am accustomed to slogging through ankle-deep mud to feed, water, and milk the goats. They still object to the mud. Goats do not like the wet, that's certain.
I've been working at both places, Birchwood and Willow, getting lots done. In Willow, I've been clearing "slash" (branches and leaves, etc. left over from felling trees) and cutting/splitting firewood. My plan to build the barn and move up to Willow this summer were put on hold after the partner shattered his ankle, but I still need to keep cleaning and clearing. That fire here last year, and the many devastating fires in the Lower 48 make it clear that one should take every precaution possible to "fireproof" one's homestead. I've also decided to terrace the slope on the south side of the house for my garden.
Since my last visit here, the Solstice has come...and gone. The nights grow darker, longer. The turning of the year progresses apace.
Hopefully all are doing well.

Nice to here from you again. We sure did have fun visiting you. Any chance I could get you to ship us some of that mead for Christmas? I'll send a check.

Is it legal to ship that I wonder?

Greetings, Everwon!
We've started our rainy season here. I am accustomed to slogging through ankle-deep mud to feed, water, and milk the goats. They still object to the mud. Goats do not like the wet, that's certain.
I've been working at both places, Birchwood and Willow, getting lots done. In Willow, I've been clearing "slash" (branches and leaves, etc. left over from felling trees) and cutting/splitting firewood. My plan to build the barn and move up to Willow this summer were put on hold after the partner shattered his ankle, but I still need to keep cleaning and clearing. That fire here last year, and the many devastating fires in the Lower 48 make it clear that one should take every precaution possible to "fireproof" one's homestead. I've also decided to terrace the slope on the south side of the house for my garden.
Since my last visit here, the Solstice has come...and gone. The nights grow darker, longer. The turning of the year progresses apace.

Nice to here from you again. We sure did have fun visiting you. Any chance I could get you to ship us some of that mead for Christmas? I'll send a check.

It's not illegal to ship as a gift but shipping companies typically have private regulations baring the shipping of alcohol. What most people do is lie if asked and claim it's only glassware.

Ha! I just got my first Christmas present for my sister from Amazon. Its a lovely brooch. They had over three hundred pages of brooches to buy but I got mine from about page five. Its very attractive.
I find it harder to think of a present for Christmas and birthdays every year. So I like to shop early.

Greetings, Everwon!

It's not illegal to ship as a gift but shipping companies typically have private regulations baring the shipping of alcohol. What most people do is lie if asked and claim it's only glassware.

I'm sure it is done all the time. I learned that people who ship a lot of fine jewelry or precious stones, etc. will label the package "medical supplies' or some such. So I'm sure GW could disguise a bit of his 200 proof mead. :)

I tried to make some homemade wine once. I followed the recipe I thought. I started with a heavy glass five gallon container and added the grape juice, sugar, yeast etc. and placed a huge rubber balloon over the opening. Hombre painted a smiley face on the balloon just before it was installed. We set the container in a corner of the dining room to 'cook'. The process was that the balloon would blow up and when it went down in about two weeks, the wine would be ready. Well it did blow up so we had this huge yellow smiley face in the dining room for one week, two weeks, three weeks. . .the balloon never deflated. Finally we took the balloon off and sampled the 'wine'. I swear that stuff was 200 proof or more if alcohol can be more than that. And it tasted terrible. Absolutely undrinkable. So I poured it out. I'm sure it scoured out the drain and pipes really well.

Ha! I just got my first Christmas present for my sister from Amazon. Its a lovely brooch. They had over three hundred pages of brooches to buy but I got mine from about page five. Its very attractive.
I find it harder to think of a present for Christmas and birthdays every year. So I like to shop early.
I always keep it simple.

coal-present.jpg

Yard sale is done. Made 654 bucks. Most I gave away. Last hour I sold everything for a buck just so I don't have to haul it off. The rest is sitting in the den, waiting to be mailed to our new address and the rest will be stuffed in MrGs truck and my van. Wish I could leave now, but..no can do. Got docs appts this month and I still have to wait for the roomie to leave on the 15th.

I'm pooped. Worn out. Burned out. Ready for a nap. And my eye feels like sandpaper. Doc said it would do that but then go away. I hope so. Wearing glasses makes it hurt. Blinking makes it hurt. I will call him monday and see about drops.

Off to bed for my nap now. But..its done.

Yard sale is done. Made 654 bucks. Most I gave away. Last hour I sold everything for a buck just so I don't have to haul it off. The rest is sitting in the den, waiting to be mailed to our new address and the rest will be stuffed in MrGs truck and my van. Wish I could leave now, but..no can do. Got docs appts this month and I still have to wait for the roomie to leave on the 15th.

I'm pooped. Worn out. Burned out. Ready for a nap. And my eye feels like sandpaper. Doc said it would do that but then go away. I hope so. Wearing glasses makes it hurt. Blinking makes it hurt. I will call him monday and see about drops.

???? You should be using special drops several times a day following cataract surgery.

Well....a hearty FU to the IRS.

The second person asked if I was at the fax to receive it, I told her no, but I have someone there waiting for it. She said there is a policy that you have to be physically present to get the fax, even if I say I'll waive any liability on their part. So after 2 hours of phone BS, and thinking I already was done after the first call, now I have nothing to show for my time. :mad: :mad:

I'll have to see if I can get to a fax and try again on Monday.

How in the hell do they verify that you're at the fax machine? And why should they care?

She said it is a security issue, I guess so no one else gets to see my SSN and phone #....even if I tell them it's fine and I'll waive any possible liability for the IRS. :dunno:

Well if it is going to people who already HAVE you SSN and other sensitive information I can't see any security issue. If they are taking your word for it that you are you and you are at the fax machine, they should accept your word that you give them permission to fax the info to whomever. But this wouldn't be the first time that a policy made no sense.

Example: My aunt was getting injections to arrest severe osteoporosis. I went with her for one of the periodic injections and they informed her that her blood work showed the medicine was affecting her liver negatively so they would have to use another. They would have to give her a less effective one because they couldn't give her the most effective one because she still had her gall bladder. !!! I asked the doctor what the gall bladder had to do with osteoporosis. He said it had nothing to do with osteoporosis or the effectiveness of the drug. It was just one of those inexplicable rules built into Medicare that made absolutely no sense to anybody.

Was out and abut earlier and the chile roasters are in full operation everywhere. There is nothing that signals that autumn is just around the corner more than that:

13934704_1137651732972698_6192757505172374985_n.jpg

???? You should be using special drops several times a day following cataract surgery.
He gave me nothing. Said no need. Just don't get water in it.

Forum List

Back