USMB Coffee Shop IV

Shit! My employer just called and said they didn't get a fax. I don't know why she waited so long, but now I have to call the IRS again, wait on hold again, and hope to get someone to fax again, this time trying another number. :mad:

Well....a hearty FU to the IRS.

The second person asked if I was at the fax to receive it, I told her no, but I have someone there waiting for it. She said there is a policy that you have to be physically present to get the fax, even if I say I'll waive any liability on their part. So after 2 hours of phone BS, and thinking I already was done after the first call, now I have nothing to show for my time. :mad: :mad:

I'll have to see if I can get to a fax and try again on Monday.

I went and set up a free online fax number. Now I'm once again on hold with the IRS. The first 2 times it told me the expected wait was 15-30 minutes. This time it told me 30-60 minutes. :banghead:

They are open for the another 2 hours, so maybe, just maybe, I can get in touch with an actual person again, get them to agree I'm me, and have them send the fax to the new number, and if I'm super lucky, this fax service will be legit and I'll get the letter I need. I don't want to have to wait until Monday (or later).

For all intent and purpose, it appears that my Doxie is prepping to go to the Rainbow Bridge. She's not eating, although she is

Awww. I'm sorry :(. Good friend of mine just had to put her dog down. That is two friends in less than 3 months that lost their furkid. Sigh.

Yes, BBD just lost his beloved Jingles. As we all age, alas so do our fur friends.

The second person asked if I was at the fax to receive it, I told her no, but I have someone there waiting for it. She said there is a policy that you have to be physically present to get the fax, even if I say I'll waive any liability on their part. So after 2 hours of phone BS, and thinking I already was done after the first call, now I have nothing to show for my time. :mad: :mad:

How in the hell do they verify that you're at the fax machine? And why should they care?

I am seriously thinking of drawing my money out of the bank and buying Gold coins. I wish I had done it years ago when I first considered it, because Gold has gone up four times the value.

English Gold sovereigns have gone up forty pounds in the last few months, since when I last looked at them on the Internet.

I am getting no interest on my money in the bank, but Gold keeps going up and up.

The rule of thumb is to keep 6 months of ready cash in the bank and invest the rest in conservative investments. I don't know about buying gold, but I do wonder about those who keep pushing us to buy gold and silver why they aren't buying it themselves?

Success!!!!!!!!!

I have my non-filing letter, which really is just the IRS saying, "We don't have a record of him filing taxes". That was a lot of effort for what seems like it should have been a simple thing. Now I will email it to the financial aid office at the school and hopefully find out on Monday that everything is completed for getting my grant money.

:banana::clap2::eusa_dance::happy-1::rock:

How in the hell do they verify that you're at the fax machine? And why should they care?

She said it is a security issue, I guess so no one else gets to see my SSN and phone #....even if I tell them it's fine and I'll waive any possible liability for the IRS. :dunno:

Success!!!!!!!!!

I have my non-filing letter, which really is just the IRS saying, "We don't have a record of him filing taxes". That was a lot of effort for what seems like it should have been a simple thing. Now I will email it to the financial aid office at the school and hopefully find out on Monday that everything is completed for getting my grant money.

Parasite....... :eusa_whistle:

:D

Success!!!!!!!!!

I think I'll keep you on the list until everything is a done deal.

Faxing doesn't seem to be working. I guess this online fax service isn't working. :(

I wouldn't want the IRS to be compared to a dinosaur, but we email stuff most of the time now, not fax. On second thought, if the IRS WAS a dinosaur it would be extinct....hmmmm....

Greetings, Everwon!
It's been a while, hasn't it. Too many pages to read to catch up, sorry.
We've started our rainy season here. I am accustomed to slogging through ankle-deep mud to feed, water, and milk the goats. They still object to the mud. Goats do not like the wet, that's certain.
I've been working at both places, Birchwood and Willow, getting lots done. In Willow, I've been clearing "slash" (branches and leaves, etc. left over from felling trees) and cutting/splitting firewood. My plan to build the barn and move up to Willow this summer were put on hold after the partner shattered his ankle, but I still need to keep cleaning and clearing. That fire here last year, and the many devastating fires in the Lower 48 make it clear that one should take every precaution possible to "fireproof" one's homestead. I've also decided to terrace the slope on the south side of the house for my garden.
Since my last visit here, the Solstice has come...and gone. The nights grow darker, longer. The turning of the year progresses apace.
Hopefully all are doing well.

Nice to here from you again. We sure did have fun visiting you. Any chance I could get you to ship us some of that mead for Christmas? I'll send a check.

Forum List

Back