USMB Coffee Shop IV

I need to see dramatic improvements at work by the end of the week or seek alternatives. I guess I can also consider staying with a large raise, but it would need to be large.

Maybe give the new guy a couple of weeks to gain his land legs and have enough time to observe folks and know who merits his admiration?

Morning! I have to go to the dentist because I lost a filling. They better not tell me to have a root canal. I will say no, just fill it again. It hasn't gotten any bigger, but it is sensitive now that there is no filling in there, and I don't want food getting in there either. It's only a tiny little cavity/hole in my tooth though, so no need for an extensive and expensive procedure (not to mention painful).

image.jpg

Morning! I have to go to the dentist because I lost a filling. They better not tell me to have a root canal. I will say no, just fill it again. It hasn't gotten any bigger, but it is sensitive now that there is no filling in there, and I don't want food getting in there either. It's only a tiny little cavity/hole in my tooth though, so no need for an extensive and expensive procedure (not to mention painful).

Its important to have a good dentist. I can tell you from experience what an ordeal a bad one can be. Years ago I had an incompetent Asian guy who injected me in the lip not the gums, and then he spent twenty minutes fumbling around drilling a raw nerve. I actually cried. Subsequently I had to have that tooth pulled by another dentist because it was dead.
Since then I have been lucky with dentists, and I now have a pretty lady with a sensitive touch. I actually enjoy seeing her every six months.

I lost a filling in one of my back teeth a few years ago. I never had anything done about it, I haven't been to a dentist in 20+ years. It hasn't caused me any problems. Of course, it's at the back side of a back tooth, not the middle of a tooth, so that helped. :)

I have had a TON of dental work costing many thousands of dollars. But eventually, the teeth have given way to more and more partials. If I had just gone that route in the first place I could have saved myself a ton of pain and a huge amount of money. You are wise to insist on the filling instead of the much more expensive features. Just thinking about going to the dentist can raise my blood pressure 20 points. :)

My ghost peppers are coming in! :eusa_dance:
I'm ecstatic that I was able to protect them from being drowned in the relentless rain we've had for two weeks -- that's why I grow in pots around here. We get more rain than Seattle.

From the stem end an orange washes over that evolves into a fiery red. They told me when I bought the seedlings they would be "very hot" but I didn't really appreciate how hot until I looked up some video of people actually eating one whole.... this is one million Scoville units baby.

Ghostpeps1.jpg
Ghostpeps2.jpg

Can I interest anybody in a nice.... salad? :eusa_angel:

I'm ecstatic that I was able to protect them from being drowned in the relentless rain we've had for two weeks -- that's why I grow in pots around here. We get more rain than Seattle.

From the stem end an orange washes over that evolves into a fiery red. They told me when I bought the seedlings they would be "very hot" but I didn't really appreciate how hot until I looked up some video of people actually eating one whole.... this is one million Scoville units baby.

They are beautiful but even the milder jalapenos are too hot for me, habaneros are unthinkable, so I think I'll pass on your beautiful peppers. When we want a little heat in our food we go with the luscious taste of our New Mexico Hatch green chiles or their more durable form when they turn red. :)

They are beautiful but even the milder jalapenos are too hot for me, habaneros are unthinkable, so I think I'll pass on your beautiful peppers. When we want a little heat in our food we go with the luscious taste of our New Mexico Hatch green chiles or their more durable form when they turn red. :)

Here's the plan -----

I take one of these babies, in a sealed container of course, up to Washington DC and drop it in the water supply. While everybody is choking -- I take over the world. :muahaha:

Then you will all be my subjects.

Be thankful, you could all be my verbs, and that's a lot more work. :eusa_shifty:

I wouldn't even want the chiles. I don't care for spicy food. :D

As a rule, I don't either but the mild green chiles barely qualify as 'spicy' and the taste included in dishes suitable for them is to die for.

As a rule, I don't either but the mild green chiles barely qualify as 'spicy' and the taste included in dishes suitable for them is to die for.

Now those elongated bright-red peppers in the background are called "Carmen", they're a sweet pepper, not at all spicy. A very dark-peppery flavor but without heat. I grew them this year instead of bell peppers, which I've had limited success with. These grew very well but next year I'll prolly go back to bells and maybe try another variety. Bell peppers are cheap though.

Now those elongated bright-red peppers in the background are called "Carmen", they're a sweet pepper, not at all spicy. A very dark-peppery flavor but without heat. I grew them this year instead of bell peppers, which I've had limited success with. These grew very well but next year I'll prolly go back to bells and maybe try another variety. Bell peppers are cheap though.

As long as it is not more than mild heat and they are versatile enough to use with pretty much anything you use peppers for, I'm on board. :)

Sunday night at the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate the stars aligned and we experienced something rather rare. Sunday afternoon was a rainy, rainy time. But, along about 6:00 that evening, the skies cleared. That meant that Daisy and I could take our daily walk in the park.

But with rain comes mud puddles. Daisy happily splashed through them and over them and in the midst of them. She frolicked herself right into the bathtub once we got home.

And, Sunday is also laundry day at Pimplebutt. All the wash was done and the bed was stripped and fresh clean linens were put back on.

I decided to shower down in the evening rather than first thing Monday morning. And so the phenomenon was born! A clean dog, clean bed linens and a clean me! A triple clean!

Last night Daisy and I again walked in the park. Again she frolicked and rolled and played her way through the park. It was hot and muggy and I began a light perspiration. The sheets were only a night old, but the magic was gone.

Like standing an egg on end during the equinox, a triple clean is a fleeting thing.

I do like bell peppers. :) Good for pizza or salad or just to munch on. If only they weren't annoyingly full of seeds......

I've had some good discussion with the woman in charge of online programs at the new school I'm trying to enroll in. It's sounds promising, but I don't want to get too attached to the idea this will work out after the disaster the last school turned out to be. I actually sent this new school an admission form back before I decided on the other one; I don't know if that is a good thing or not. *fingers crossed*

The little one's school has an Ice Cream Social tonight. We should be leaving for that in the next 15-30 minutes, depending on when her mom gets home. The little one is doing some reading right now, she is supposed to read for at least 15 minutes a day for homework. Hopefully she has fun, she usually does at school events.

As long as it is not more than mild heat and they are versatile enough to use with pretty much anything you use peppers for, I'm on board. :)

Mind you they are very tasty. I just picked one off the plant and munched it with some hummus with my afternoon raw veggie snack. Yum. I'm not at all sorry I grew 'em. :thup:

Just returned from taking my Aunt Betty for a late eye injection for her macular degeneration. And for the first time she opened up and was able to speak about her fears that Uncle Ed probably isn't going to last much longer. He hardly eats, does not drink enough fluid to be healthy, and he is so weak he has to force himself to get up to walk. And he has been having severe spells of not being able to breathe because of his advanced COPD which of course is causing most of the other problems and is also exacerbating his glaucoma. Those of you who are still smoking, please stop. It just isn't worth it.

Last edited:
Just returned from taking my Aunt Betty for a late eye injection for her macular degeneration. And for the first time she opened up and was able to speak about her fears that Uncle Ed probably isn't going to last much longer. He hardly eats, does not drink enough fluid to be healthy, and he is so weak he has to force himself to get up to walk. And he has been having severe spells of not being able to breath because of his advanced COPD which of course is causing most of the other problems and is also exacerbating his glaucoma. Those of you who are still smoking, please stop. It just isn't worth it.

Sherry's Mom has n-stage COPD due to a lifetime of smoking. It you smoke please stop. Foxy is right...it is not worth it.

I need to see dramatic improvements at work by the end of the week or seek alternatives. I guess I can also consider staying with a large raise, but it would need to be large.

Maybe give the new guy a couple of weeks to gain his land legs and have enough time to observe folks and know who merits his admiration?

I have a simple formula talk up good employees and vendors, do my job, anticipate needs and offer solutions all while selling more than anyone else. Turns out two vendors I talked up the new boss knows and agrees with my assessments. I have heard several employees have said a few good words on my behalf without prompting from me. That was nice. Pretty sure one employee has bad mouthed me several times to the boss as well, pretty sure he has bad mouthed everyone by now.

Forum List

Back