USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good Morning !
Have a great Monday! :)

funny-animals-55.jpg

Ippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia: Phobia, fear of long words.

:lol: I think this is too funny . Some smartie screwing with others anxieties.

Good morning all. Up and running at a hard pace this morning--I'm out of rep for awhile and will get to PMs later. Early afternoon need to go fetch my sister who will be staying with us a couple of days and then should be able to catch my breath. Ya'll have a good one and I'll catch up later.

On this day in history--June 30, 1805--the U.S. Congress voted to separate the Michigan Territory from the existing Wisconsin Territory. The separation was in advance of the anticipated application of statehood for Michigan. Michigan Territory existed as an unincorporated territory until January 26, 1837, when Michigan became our 26th state. Detroit was the territorial capital as well as the new state capital.

Michigan-territory-1836.png

Something came along out here called the "sun" (??) just now.... it'll be gone by afternoon.

Whoops, there it goes now... might as well stay in and listen to some toons...

pop.gif

It's currently 81 and headed for the mid 90's...will probably have the typical afternoon thunder boomers, but hopefully they won't interfere with our grilling out and pool time. My mom is a firecracker, born on the 4th of July, but she'll be traveling, so we're celebrating today.:)

Good morning, everybody. Up and had my coffee. Mrs. BBD is still snoozing. Have to go to Rockford and run a few errands today. Stormy night last night and the weatherman says thunderstorms later this afternoon. Sure seems to be raining a lot here lately. Thanks everybody for the anniversary well wishes.

Yeah we got some pretty wild stuff last night too. Tornado whistle went off here in town because there were multiple twisters within 10 miles of us. Got a little hairy there for a bit, but we were lucky enough to dodge the worst of it. As far as the rain goes, my tomato plants are just loving it. They're growing like weeds, and the little tomatoes are popping out all over the plants. Can't wait to slice into a fresh, home grown tomato.

Good morning, everybody. Up and had my coffee. Mrs. BBD is still snoozing. Have to go to Rockford and run a few errands today. Stormy night last night and the weatherman says thunderstorms later this afternoon. Sure seems to be raining a lot here lately. Thanks everybody for the anniversary well wishes.

Yeah we got some pretty wild stuff last night too. Tornado whistle went off here in town because there were multiple twisters within 10 miles of us. Got a little hairy there for a bit, but we were lucky enough to dodge the worst of it. As far as the rain goes, my tomato plants are just loving it. They're growing like weeds, and the little tomatoes are popping out all over the plants. Can't wait to slice into a fresh, home grown tomato.

I'm with you. Love growing tomatoes and slicing into them. I used to just love biting into them. :D

That one would be a lot of work with all those trees. Although it is so beautiful, it might be worth all the work.

The nice thing about our Florida pools is that they are almost all in screened lanais, which means no worries about bugs or leaves in the pool...or snakes and gators. They still need general maintenance, but it's a lot easier.

Screened_Pool_Enclosures2.jpg

That's nice......but I would imagine having one of those built over our pool would be prohibitive....it wouldn't look as nice as that one either as our pool is not that close to the house.
There is always an indoor pool, advantage is you can use it yearlong ... disadvantage is obvious, mighty expensive, and time consuming to install ...

private-indoor-swimming-pool-design.jpg

The nice thing about our Florida pools is that they are almost all in screened lanais, which means no worries about bugs or leaves in the pool...or snakes and gators. They still need general maintenance, but it's a lot easier.

That's nice......but I would imagine having one of those built over our pool would be prohibitive....it wouldn't look as nice as that one either as our pool is not that close to the house.
There is always an indoor pool, advantage is you can use it yearlong ... disadvantage is obvious, mighty expensive, and time consuming to install ...

Ours is close to the house, we actually tried to have it made indoor. The stupid township said no :mad:

Ours is close to the house, we actually tried to have it made indoor. The stupid township said no :mad:

Why? It's your house after all....

Yes, but where's the FOOD???

:lol:

True. It needs some tables with hamburgers or lemonade on them.:lol:

On this day in history--June 30, 1805--the U.S. Congress voted to separate the Michigan Territory from the existing Wisconsin Territory. The separation was in advance of the anticipated application of statehood for Michigan. Michigan Territory existed as an unincorporated territory until January 26, 1837, when Michigan became our 26th state. Detroit was the territorial capital as well as the new state capital.

Michigan-territory-1836.png

And notice that it took 31.5 years for Michigan to become a state. But that brings us slowly to politics, so, back to FOOD!!!

I wouldn't have an indoor pool. That would be like having an at home bowling alley or movie theatre. There are just some activities that the more people around, the merrier. Not to say that I'd never swim alone but it's more fun sharing something like that.

Here you are ... poolside service ...
butler.gif

hamburgers-versus-hot-dogs.jpg

Forum List

Back