USMB Coffee Shop IV

happy-wednesday-635f71.jpg

:lol:

Well, now I want one so tomorrow I am going to go to the market and buy a rootbeer (AW) in a bottle, some vanilla ice cream and tomorrow night...i will have my rootbib float!

We used to call them Black Cows....guess they don't do that anymore.

Well, now I've done it. I just purchased two computer games from Amazon.
Wolfenstein, and doom 3 bfg. But the specifications are too high for my computer, so I will have to get a new one. Well I am happy with my existing system but it is only 32 bit and windows 7 needs a 64 bit computer, so I am still using windows xp and soon I will not be able to watch utube videos because they are withdrawing support for my browser and I cannot update it. So they are forcing me to get a new computer.

Oh well, I am going to get one built for me, with a minimum of 8gig of ram and 2gig video ram.

OOHH, that all sounds so challenging. Good luck, sweetheart.

Two months ago my new W-7 PC arrived and the Adobe Flash Plugin is crashing it most of the time. Reputable tech has received $400. from me in a month....and still problems. I wish I had stayed with my Vista as I never had ONE problem with it. It had 3 years of MS support left but I wanted this one with 6 more years of MS support. I was trying to get this while still available before going through the learning curve of W-8, which from what I read...:dunno: the stores are having a hard time moving, I am hoping in 6 years, when MS stops supporting W-7, with updates and all, that something more user-friendly will be waiting for me. :D :thup:

All the best to you, Dajjal.

Good morning! I sang with the kangaroos last night in my dreams!!! I was dressed up like Elvis and the kangaroos sang back up for me while I sang on a huge stage with thousands of folks out in the cheap seats. Together we rocked the house...
Hmmmm. @Bloodrock used to do that with Llamas whenever he smoked belly button lint. Stunted his growth too.

So a bout 3 months ago in one of the Unit pages on military.com I get friended by a guy who had been my First Sergeant in 2 different companies.
Seems he lives just 2 hours south of me and he's coming up for the little parade we're having on 7 July. I haven't seen or heard from this guy since 91....

Should be wild...

Good morning! I sang with the kangaroos last night in my dreams!!! I was dressed up like Elvis and the kangaroos sang back up for me while I sang on a huge stage with thousands of folks out in the cheap seats. Together we rocked the house...
Hmmmm. @Bloodrock used to do that with Llamas whenever he smoked belly button lint. Stunted his growth too.

I've never smoked belly button lint but I do eat crackers and cheese now and then before bedtime.

Wolfenstein, and doom 3 bfg. But the specifications are too high for my computer, so I will have to get a new one. Well I am happy with my existing system but it is only 32 bit and windows 7 needs a 64 bit computer, so I am still using windows xp and soon I will not be able to watch utube videos because they are withdrawing support for my browser and I cannot update it. So they are forcing me to get a new computer.

Oh well, I am going to get one built for me, with a minimum of 8gig of ram and 2gig video ram.

Laptop or desktop?

Desktop:
Not too expensive loaded with everything you'll probably need and then some.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silent-multimedia-Speed-U10000H-Windows/dp/B00G9ZOHJ0/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1404314408&sr=1-3&keywords=computer]Silent multimedia PC! CSL Speed U10000H (Core i5) incl. Windows 7 - computer-system with Intel Core i5 CPU 4x 3200 MHz, 1000GB SATA, 8GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS Mainboard, NVIDIA GeForce GT610 - the ultimate media system for pure entertainment: Amazon.co.uk: [/ame]

You'll have to search your own laptop as all I can find is US only and they ain't cheap in the configuration you want.

I would go with a quad core processor (at minimum), AMD is usually cheaper than Intel which means you can get a 6 core cheaper than a quad core Intel. Most laptops have their graphics cards built in and generally are 1 terabyte or smaller unless you want to pay premium. Most older (used) laptops have 2 GB of RAM, tops.
Also if you're replacing an old desktop you'll want to upgrade your monitor, I assume you have an old bulky CRT monitor.

Laptop or desktop?

Desktop:

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silent-multimedia-Speed-U10000H-Windows/dp/B00G9ZOHJ0/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1404314408&sr=1-3&keywords=computer]Silent multimedia PC! CSL Speed U10000H (Core i5) incl. Windows 7 - computer-system with Intel Core i5 CPU 4x 3200 MHz, 1000GB SATA, 8GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS Mainboard, NVIDIA GeForce GT610 - the ultimate media system for pure entertainment: Amazon.co.uk: [/ame]

You'll have to search your own laptop as all I can find is US only and they ain't cheap in the configuration you want.

I would go with a quad core processor (at minimum), AMD is usually cheaper than Intel which means you can get a 6 core cheaper than a quad core Intel. Most laptops have their graphics cards built in and generally are 1 terabyte or smaller unless you want to pay premium. Most older (used) laptops have 2 GB of RAM, tops.
Also if you're replacing an old desktop you'll want to upgrade your monitor, I assume you have an old bulky CRT monitor.
I have a question @Ringel05 Can I use a Verizon Ellipsis WiFi to get online on my desktop?

Laptop or desktop?

Desktop:

I have a question @Ringel05 Can I use a Verizon Ellipsis WiFi to get online on my desktop?

Should be able to. Find the wifi settings on the Ellipsis, copy down the network key (password), open up the wifi settings on your desktop, find the Ellipsis signal, click on it to use and type in the network key when that window pops up.
You'll want to keep the Ellipsis plugged in as using it as a "hot spot" will drain the battery very quickly. I'll be slower than using a standard ISP and Verizon only allows so much usage and will lower your connection speeds when you reach whatever level they have set.

That's a seriously good deal :thup:

I kept a radio station on the air after a flood with a far smaller generator than this. Should serve you well. Almost want to wish for a good heavy storm so that you get to use it. Almost. :eusa_angel:
My cousin started the bidding out at $1,000.00, but no one bids when they do that, they know better, they wait for auctioneer to drop the starting bid. But they also know that the auctioneer starts the bid out high to give people an idea what the item is worth. So he started back out at $250 and it just struggled to go up. I was just shocked when it died at $400 and I had the high bid. Perhaps people didn't know that this is a higher grade of generator made in America, idk. I'd checked earlier so I knew. I'm a happy camper. Probably the last generator I'll ever have to buy in my life.

What's it sound like? I still want to hire a hit man for our neighbor's generator. The lights go out, it's cold and snowy, it's suppose to be quite, but no, it's like there's a mac truck sitting in our driveway and running 24/7.

These are the most unfriendly people in the neighborhood. Won't even talk to you. No one in the neighborhood has been inside their house. They don't come to the neighborhood barbeques, etc. I keep thinking about that man that kept those women in his house for months and the neighbors not knowing. That could happen, nobody know what goes on behind those closed doors.
I started it up yesterday and it's pretty quiet actually, quieter than my little 2.5K Coleman. It has a rather large muffler system on it.

Forum List

Back