USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sushi penguin!

Best_129a62_1188431.jpg

It's really cute....how could anyone eat something that cute?

Easy. Put it in your mouth. Chew. Swallow. Burp.

:D

NO!!! :ack-1:

You need Gari and Wasabi on there first.

One more business appointment and then I officially become a couch-chill potato today.

I am about to fall over....

:D

Hope all goes well.....don't over extend yourself.....I'm kinda relaxing right now. Tomorrow and Friday will be hectic, more so than it has been....argh...........

We're having Italian leftovers for lunch. I had braised beef with tortellini, so mine will be good, I'm not sure about the others....:D

348s.jpg

My daughter got that the last time we went to Olive Garden...she loved it and had leftovers to take home.

I know....I stuffed myself on salad....then I couldn't eat much of my meal...but it'll be good for lunch today.

Hmmmm. @Bloodrock used to do that with Llamas whenever he smoked belly button lint. Stunted his growth too.

I've never smoked belly button lint but I do eat crackers and cheese now and then before bedtime.

Speaking of cheese....Dr. Oz recommends eating a small cube of swiss cheese at every meal to help burn belly fat.....he gave other helpful suggestions....like Acacia powder in your orange juice/water every morning. Haven't tried it, but it seems simple enough.

Didn't that guy just get busted as a quack? Thought I heard that.

I love cheese but I've cut way back once I realized how much sat fat is in there.

We're having Italian leftovers for lunch. I had braised beef with tortellini, so mine will be good, I'm not sure about the others....:D

348s.jpg

My daughter got that the last time we went to Olive Garden...she loved it and had leftovers to take home.

I know....I stuffed myself on salad....then I couldn't eat much of my meal...but it'll be good for lunch today.

Oh yeah, paired with those filling bread sticks...that's why I made my son split the five cheese ziti with me, although I'm quite certain he could have eaten an entire serving. We were far from the house and had errands to run afterwards, or I would have gotten separate dishes and enjoyed the leftovers later.

I've never smoked belly button lint but I do eat crackers and cheese now and then before bedtime.

Speaking of cheese....Dr. Oz recommends eating a small cube of swiss cheese at every meal to help burn belly fat.....he gave other helpful suggestions....like Acacia powder in your orange juice/water every morning. Haven't tried it, but it seems simple enough.

Was he really? I thought he had his own show....:eek:

I love cheese but I've cut way back once I realized how much sat fat is in there.

I love cheese too, and I wonder if any cheese will do or does it have to be Swiss....that's what he recommended.

Oh yeah, paired with those filling bread sticks...that's why I made my son split the five cheese ziti with me, although I'm quite certain he could have eaten an entire serving. We were far from the house and had errands to run afterwards, or I would have gotten separate dishes and enjoyed the leftovers later.

Yeah, you have to consider that - that's why I don't like to eat dinner before going to the movies....I feel like I'm leaving good food behind...I should have a cooler in my car just in case....:lol:

Was he really? I thought he had his own show....:eek:

I love cheese too, and I wonder if any cheese will do or does it have to be Swiss....that's what he recommended.

Well if you like Swiss, here's a great simple salad I picked up working as an au pair boy in France...

Roughly equal amounts of
  • diced endive (called "Belgian endive" in the States, the bullet-shaped thing);
  • cubed Golden delicious apple...
  • and cubed Gruyère cheese
  • ... sliced almonds optional
Light vinagrette dressing. Delicieux. :thup:

This is what I heard (though didn't really listen closely to) about "Dr. Oz"

Last edited:

No, "weight loss" and "nutrition" companies have been using his name and videos to promote their sudo-products without his knowledge. I'm pretty sure those companies are in trouble.

[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]

I guess everyone has to use their own judgment.

Dr. Oz has always defended himself by claiming that he does not endorse particular supplement brands. While he appears to think he’s preserving his integrity, it leaves his viewers confused about where to purchase those products, making them easy targets for scammers. Given his large audience and the amounts of supplements he praises, this happens quite frequently.
Later during the interview, Dr. Oz conceded some of the supplements he promotes “don’t have the scientific muster to present as fact” and that he has “used flowery language... which was meant to be helpful, but wound up being incendiary and provided fodder for unscrupulous advertisers.”

"I need to be a part of this [solution],” Dr. Oz stated. “I want to play a role.” Hopefully, he means that and will put an end to sensationalized fads in favor of quality, science-based health advice.

Read more at Dr. Oz Admits ?Miracle? Diet Products He Advocates Are Pseudoscience | IFLScience

I have days where food just doesn't even sound good, anyone else ever feel that way?

I'm having dinner with my sister this afternoon and I just don't have any idea what I'd like. Maybe some soup and salad just because I can't decide.

I had Cheerios for breakfast.

One of my favorite light meals is Sabra Supremely Spicy Humas with tortilla chips.
Or a tube of Ritz and pepperoni with pepperjack cheese..... Not so light but good! :D

That was the lighter side of what I wrote, but there is a deeper side. My daughter will be gone with her mother for 3 weeks of vacation and every year, during this time, I lose my appetite and am pretty damned depressed. I just saw her this afternoon and know I won't see her for the next 26 days and, well, it breaks my heart. It's gonna be a long night tonight. I worry about her every time I don't hear from or about her while she is on vacation.

I usually drop 10-15 lbs in the time she is not with me, mostly out of depression. But life it sometimes like this, and I will have her for the three weeks afterward and we will go like crazy and do and do and do when she is with me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back