USMB Coffee Shop IV

I have days where food just doesn't even sound good, anyone else ever feel that way?

I'm having dinner with my sister this afternoon and I just don't have any idea what I'd like. Maybe some soup and salad just because I can't decide.

I had Cheerios for breakfast.

I'm a big fan of Cheerios. Had Wheaties for breakfast this morning though. Will have Cheerios tomorrow morning.

I have days where food just doesn't even sound good, anyone else ever feel that way?

I'm having dinner with my sister this afternoon and I just don't have any idea what I'd like. Maybe some soup and salad just because I can't decide.

I'm a big fan of Cheerios. Had Wheaties for breakfast this morning though. Will have Cheerios tomorrow morning.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiEtYOVIQ_g]Dog eats cereal like a human | OrangeCabinet - YouTube[/ame]

Chocolate Cheerios this morning, Yesterday it was banana Cheerios...

Chocolate Cheerios this morning, Yesterday it was banana Cheerios...

Check the label next time and tell me if there's more sugar in chocolate Cheerios. I might try those. Cheerios are the best!

Looks like Mediacom has sped up my internet... now where's my new DVR box?

speed_zpsa52662dd.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not one of those folks who see food as medicine. Eat this to prevent that, or don't eat that to avoid developing this. I eat pretty much what taste good and is available.

Here's a recipe for those who are indifferent about saturated fats and what's supposed to be 'good' for you. It's a Pittsburgh classic, the steak salad.

Make a big Chef salad. All the salad greens, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, olives if you like. Grill a 12 ounce rib eye steak to taste (if you're like me, it will tend to be on the rarer side, but if you like your steak well done, you're kinda missing the point of eating steak). Cut the steak into bite sized cubes and add it to the salad. Put FRESH CUT French fires (We in the Ohio Valley like fries to be fresh rather than frozen. What's the point if you have to use frozen French fries? They take up freezer space and don't taste as good as fresh cut potatoes). Anyway, add the fries to the salad. Garnish with shredded mozzarella cheese and top with the salad dressing of your choice. (I will not editorialize about salad dressings here)

I ordered a steak salad in a suburb of Houston Texas. I was met with an incredulous waitress who drawled "Sounds like garbage to me!" I tried again at a restaurant in Philadelphia and was not responded to with anything like Brotherly Love. In Boston, they suggested I ditch the steak salad for lobster tail, which was the best suggestion I've heard when ordering off the menu.

Next up: how to make a Primanti's sammich!

I have had some very stressful business days and frankly, have not eaten well. Grabbing something that looks half-way edible at a big train station is not exactly good nutrition.

Back to fruits and veggies. Right after my chocolate chip cookie.

:D

I hear you. my stress levels at work have been through the roof the last few weeks. not eating well myself and I'm paying the price.

I have had some very stressful business days and frankly, have not eaten well. Grabbing something that looks half-way edible at a big train station is not exactly good nutrition.

I hear you. my stress levels at work have been through the roof the last few weeks. not eating well myself and I'm paying the price.

I am thinking of rewarding myself with a nice Thai massage tomorrow.... there is a Thai Massage place about 4 tramstops from my home, and the ladies there seem to be very, very nice. :D

I am thinking of rewarding myself with a nice Thai massage tomorrow.... there is a Thai Massage place about 4 tramstops from my home, and the ladies there seem to be very, very nice. :D

Ahhh, that'll do the trick....nothing like someone massaging those knots away....I like massages, just hate having to set up an appointment and then by the time it's time for me to go, I don't feel like going...:D

Good to know it isn't just me. Been almost a week and NOTHING sounds good, or tastes good. Except maybe pretzels.

Ahhh, that'll do the trick....nothing like someone massaging those knots away....I like massages, just hate having to set up an appointment and then by the time it's time for me to go, I don't feel like going...:D

I go for massages every 2 weeks. Really works wonders on keeping down my stress levels. :)

]tomorrow i'll hang out in the woods and take a few trees down for firewood. that's always good therapy for me.

Oh, I'll go... I'll go...

[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]

I guess everyone has to use their own judgment.

Dr. Oz has always defended himself by claiming that he does not endorse particular supplement brands. While he appears to think he’s preserving his integrity, it leaves his viewers confused about where to purchase those products, making them easy targets for scammers. Given his large audience and the amounts of supplements he praises, this happens quite frequently.
Later during the interview, Dr. Oz conceded some of the supplements he promotes “don’t have the scientific muster to present as fact” and that he has “used flowery language... which was meant to be helpful, but wound up being incendiary and provided fodder for unscrupulous advertisers.”

"I need to be a part of this [solution],” Dr. Oz stated. “I want to play a role.” Hopefully, he means that and will put an end to sensationalized fads in favor of quality, science-based health advice.

Read more at Dr. Oz Admits ?Miracle? Diet Products He Advocates Are Pseudoscience | IFLScience

The thing is, he isn't telling people to use such remedies in lieu of their doctor's recommendations. But who knows what will work. Doctors will say that my regional honey and apple cider vinegar remedy is useless, but it works for me. Doctors will say there is absolutely no medical evidence that my copper bracelet has any beneficial effect, but it works for me. Maybe it is just because we hope or believe it works--the mind is a powerful thing. But if it works it works. And if it doesn't, it costs very little and it is harmless to try it.

Last edited:

Good to know it isn't just me. Been almost a week and NOTHING sounds good, or tastes good. Except maybe pretzels.

I've been on vacation this week and we're eating out a lot. at home we eat all organic, free range, natural foods. who knows what we are getting now. all I know is it tastes too salty and spicy

When I get in a funk, my appetite is the first to go. Eventually my taste buds will return. For now...I am not eating much but I am still getting my vitamins with my morning Ensure drink.

Well, now I've done it. I just purchased two computer games from Amazon.
Wolfenstein, and doom 3 bfg. But the specifications are too high for my computer, so I will have to get a new one. Well I am happy with my existing system but it is only 32 bit and windows 7 needs a 64 bit computer, so I am still using windows xp and soon I will not be able to watch utube videos because they are withdrawing support for my browser and I cannot update it. So they are forcing me to get a new computer.

Oh well, I am going to get one built for me, with a minimum of 8gig of ram and 2gig video ram.

That seems like as good an excuse as any to upgrade, Dajjal.

Forum List

Back