USMB Coffee Shop IV

View attachment 100703
..... Better late than never I guess. LOL
Uh-oh... a newbie that doesn't know no politics in the CS yet.... :eusa_doh:

It wasn't meant to be political. But please accept my apology for posting this.

I would put the post right on the cusp of what is appropriate for the Coffee Shop. All who enjoy a non controversial thread are welcome here, and while we discuss serious stuff along with the light hearted stuff, we try to avoid topics that are triggers for controversy which would be politics, religious doctrine, the hot button social issues. I suppose our opinion of media bias would be in there somewhere. It was funny though. :)

But thanks for understanding and no harm, no foul and welcome to the Coffee Shop, but really, can we do something about your name that nobody would be able to remember? We'll call you 496 for now. (I think the mods will allow you to change that to something easier to remember if you ask.)

And first timers to the CS are awarded with a complimentary beverage.

hot%2Bcocoa%2B2.jpg

Thank you! Yeah, just call me Damien. Although, it is my pen name.

View attachment 100703
..... Better late than never I guess. LOL
Uh-oh... a newbie that doesn't know no politics in the CS yet.... :eusa_doh:

It wasn't meant to be political. But please accept my apology for posting this.

I would put the post right on the cusp of what is appropriate for the Coffee Shop. All who enjoy a non controversial thread are welcome here, and while we discuss serious stuff along with the light hearted stuff, we try to avoid topics that are triggers for controversy which would be politics, religious doctrine, the hot button social issues. I suppose our opinion of media bias would be in there somewhere. It was funny though. :)

But thanks for understanding and no harm, no foul and welcome to the Coffee Shop, but really, can we do something about your name that nobody would be able to remember? We'll call you 496 for now. (I think the mods will allow you to change that to something easier to remember if you ask.)

And first timers to the CS are awarded with a complimentary beverage.

hot%2Bcocoa%2B2.jpg

Thank you! Yeah, just call me Damien. Although, it is my pen name.

I'll try to remember that Damien, but you'll probably still be 496 :)

Bonsoir à tous :) i discover something tonight that i want to share with you it is about Sue about the T-Rex in général i explain....i talk about Sue here : paleontology, for those who loves dinosaurs

In France a lot of chicken have been killed because they have avaire flu like had t-Rex no foie gras outside the country for now still if they are much in demand for noel

200px-T._rex_infection.png

Drawing of a tyrannosaur with avian trichomonasis, a disease that affects birds today

I am not surprised. I'm just telling myself it isn't meant to be and beyond our understanding. In short, something else is meant to be...its just a road we must travel to finally find our true destination. Not fun, but since when is it supposed to be?

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Alaska?
When I chose Alaska, I had been offered a choice of Redstone Arsenal, AL, or some place around D.C. I had already spent a few years in Alexandria, VA and lived my youth in the Deep South, so neither appealed to me. As I trudged away, the clerk came after me and told me there was an opening in Alaska. What the hell, I thought, why not? Been here ever since...
One of my good HD tech friends from Reno HD is a blood Alaskan Eskimo, Boya is his name, and I gather that is a traditional Eskimo name. He's back up on Anchorage and we're keeping in close touch. He sends me pics all the time of him fishing and stuff and says I need to come up. It's on the punch list. My parents drove up to Alaska many moons ago and I've loved watching all the videos that Dad took. I have to do this, and I'll drive up too, or jump a ship from Seattle and have my Tahoe shipped up too, haven't decided.
007, if you get up this way, I'd be disappointed not to be permitted to buy you dinner! Sheila and Mr. S. were up here this spring past and I was privileged to take them on a nice drive and lunch in Talkeetna.

On this I don't know. I love the house, but we are at the point in our lives that we don't want stairs and so wish some of our elder or ailing loved ones didn't have stairs to deal with. Maybe for profit. Not to live in though.

15317923_681144722057430_5351090728012952489_n.jpg
Oh, hell, yeah! Imagine decorating that beauty? But only if money were no object. Why do you think so many of these wonderful architectural wonders are vacant and falling to decay?

It is COLD! here, and expected to get colder. It's a "toasty" 1 degree warm. The goats and their Pyr are all shivering and I wish I could bring them inside, but no one is house broken and they get pushy. At least I know they'll all pile up together to stay warm.
My night to cook dinner and we'll be having Beef Stroganoff. My buddy's GF prefers less spicy food and I think this dish will fill the bill while still being tasty enough for the rest of us to enjoy.

On this I don't know. I love the house, but we are at the point in our lives that we don't want stairs and so wish some of our elder or ailing loved ones didn't have stairs to deal with. Maybe for profit. Not to live in though.

If money were no object, then yes 1000x...since I was a young girl watching episodes of This Old House, I've dreamed of rehabbing an old Victorian home.:thup:

My daughter is officially engaged...we spent the afternoon at my Mom's making wedding plans. Those things aren't cheap.:shock:

Oh, hell, yeah! Imagine decorating that beauty? But only if money were no object. Why do you think so many of these wonderful architectural wonders are vacant and falling to decay?

I'd rather have a smaller place and use the money for other things. :p

I'd rather have a smaller place and use the money for other things. :p
That's a beautiful place, and I would turn it into a B&B and make money with it. Hell, it might even be haunted.

Well here it is just past midnight and I just got home. Spent an interesting afternoon--took Hombre's temp and it was high enough to alarm me plus he was having other scary symptoms, so I pitched a hissy fit to make him go to urgent care just before they closed today (Sunday) at 4 p.m. They took one look at him and called an ambulance to take him to the hospital. So we've been in E.R. until about a half hour ago where they ran every possible test, x-rays, Ct scan, the works and have pronounced him with a serious urinary track infection and he was admitted for more blood work, intravenous antibiotics, etc. I just got home--a white knuckle drive for me as I don't drive well at night these days. Will go back in the morning to find out if it is something they can probably kick in a couple of days or, if it has gotten into his bloodstream, more aggressive and longer term treatment will be necessary.

Word to the wise guys. UTI's are usually just annoyances for us gals, but they are a big deal for you. And they can turn serious really quick without treatment. So if you're running a fever and don't know why, do go to the doctor.

It is COLD! here, and expected to get colder. It's a "toasty" 1 degree warm. The goats and their Pyr are all shivering and I wish I could bring them inside, but no one is house broken and they get pushy. At least I know they'll all pile up together to stay warm.
My night to cook dinner and we'll be having Beef Stroganoff. My buddy's GF prefers less spicy food and I think this dish will fill the bill while still being tasty enough for the rest of us to enjoy.

Can you put sweaters on them or something? The goats I mean. Not your buddy and his G/F. :)

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo,
Hombre for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Sunset over southern Wisconsin
IMG_45801.jpg

Well here it is just past midnight and I just got home. Spent an interesting afternoon--took Hombre's temp and it was high enough to alarm me plus he was having other scary symptoms, so I pitched a hissy fit to make him go to urgent care just before they closed today (Sunday) at 4 p.m. They took one look at him and called an ambulance to take him to the hospital. So we've been in E.R. until about a half hour ago where they ran every possible test, x-rays, Ct scan, the works and have pronounced him with a serious urinary track infection and he was admitted for more blood work, intravenous antibiotics, etc. I just got home--a white knuckle drive for me as I don't drive well at night these days. Will go back in the morning to find out if it is something they can probably kick in a couple of days or, if it has gotten into his bloodstream, more aggressive and longer term treatment will be necessary.

Word to the wise guys. UTI's are usually just annoyances for us gals, but they are a big deal for you. And they can turn serious really quick without treatment. So if you're running a fever and don't know why, do go to the doctor.

You'er on our prayer list for a quick recovery.
You be sure to get some rest as best you can g/f. Hugs and kisses to you both.

Prayers for you and Hombre. :smiliehug:

You definitely did the right thing Foxy. I can't tell you how many folks I saw come into my ER....particularly seniors... that had severe UTI's.

Grumpy this morning. We got a little over 6 inches of snow yesterday and our Dish is ice and snow packed so I can't watch the morning news on TV. To make things worse, I can't talk Mrs. BBD into climbing up on the roof and cleaning out the Dish. When I ask her to do it all she does is laugh at me. Going to be a long day...

Forum List

Back