USMB Coffee Shop IV

I don't always catch English humour Foxfire :) but it could be Sue the biggest T-Rex ever.:wink_2:

F-Inqueue-StoryArchive-203777-262298-jpg.jpg

SUE the T. rex

No problem Dalia. American humor is often like no other. But thanks for the explanation. I am happy with your T-rex being a girl. :)

Well, we finally got snow, about a foot so far. The last two days have been...challenging...at work. Of course, airplanes still fly when it's snowy, but we have double or triple the workload because we have to wash the snow off and apply an anti-icing fluid to prevent further accumulation. Fortunately, I am most often able to find younger, hungrier ($20 premium for spraying, $10 if you drive the truck), co-workers to do that wet work. I don't favor the flavor of glycol, and it absorbs through your skin so that your urine smells of glycol for at least a day after you spray it on an airplane. I'm hoping it will be snow-free at work tonight, but it's been snowing all afternoon and I'm not seeing a reprieve in my future.
You will have a warmer home in Arizona with us, GW! I think we got the home on 20 acres I mentioned before...but I am still Leary due to past and present disappointments. Still, it is looking promising! $600 per month, near Tombstone, a tack shack and room for horses he said. We don't have a horse nor want one, but we might get a bunch of chickens! You will always be welcome to come to your second home....and we will even send you a key! Come June, it's gonna be hot, so a trip to Alaska to critter sit might work out just fine, lol.
IF it all happens.

Meanwhile, I have my PC set up in this itty bitty RV, but can't get on it right now cuz Mrg is watching a movie on it...so later tonight, I will be back...on my beloved PC!!!!

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Do you know horses and know how to care for them? Ever had one? Imagine how much people are willing to pay to board a cat or a dog and quadruple that or more for boarding horses. But you do have to know your stuff. But it does sound like a good deal for you and moving to Arizona in the winter will give you a chance to acclimate as it starts heating up in the spring. So hoping hoping hoping that works out for you.
Oooh! That is such a great idea, Foxy!
Gracie, what do you think about keeping horses for other people?

I am not surprised. I'm just telling myself it isn't meant to be and beyond our understanding. In short, something else is meant to be...its just a road we must travel to finally find our true destination. Not fun, but since when is it supposed to be?

Alaska?
When I chose Alaska, I had been offered a choice of Redstone Arsenal, AL, or some place around D.C. I had already spent a few years in Alexandria, VA and lived my youth in the Deep South, so neither appealed to me. As I trudged away, the clerk came after me and told me there was an opening in Alaska. What the hell, I thought, why not? Been here ever since...

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Sunset over El Paso
85868f65ab1e88aefe9851d653702b80.jpg

I am not surprised. I'm just telling myself it isn't meant to be and beyond our understanding. In short, something else is meant to be...its just a road we must travel to finally find our true destination. Not fun, but since when is it supposed to be?

Alaska?
When I chose Alaska, I had been offered a choice of Redstone Arsenal, AL, or some place around D.C. I had already spent a few years in Alexandria, VA and lived my youth in the Deep South, so neither appealed to me. As I trudged away, the clerk came after me and told me there was an opening in Alaska. What the hell, I thought, why not? Been here ever since...
One of my good HD tech friends from Reno HD is a blood Alaskan Eskimo, Boya is his name, and I gather that is a traditional Eskimo name. He's back up on Anchorage and we're keeping in close touch. He sends me pics all the time of him fishing and stuff and says I need to come up. It's on the punch list. My parents drove up to Alaska many moons ago and I've loved watching all the videos that Dad took. I have to do this, and I'll drive up too, or jump a ship from Seattle and have my Tahoe shipped up too, haven't decided.

Alaska?
One of my good HD tech friends from Reno HD is a blood Alaskan Eskimo, Boya is his name, and I gather that is a traditional Eskimo name. He's back up on Anchorage and we're keeping in close touch. He sends me pics all the time of him fishing and stuff and says I need to come up. It's on the punch list. My parents drove up to Alaska many moons ago and I've loved watching all the videos that Dad took. I have to do this, and I'll drive up too, or jump a ship from Seattle and have my Tahoe shipped up too, haven't decided.

And good to see you back in the CS, 007. :)

View attachment 100703
..... Better late than never I guess. LOL
Uh-oh... a newbie that doesn't know no politics in the CS yet.... :eusa_doh:

It wasn't meant to be political. But please accept my apology for posting this.

I would put the post right on the cusp of what is appropriate for the Coffee Shop. All who enjoy a non controversial thread are welcome here, and while we discuss serious stuff along with the light hearted stuff, we try to avoid topics that are triggers for controversy which would be politics, religious doctrine, the hot button social issues. I suppose our opinion of media bias would be in there somewhere. It was funny though. :)

But thanks for understanding and no harm, no foul and welcome to the Coffee Shop, but really, can we do something about your name that nobody would be able to remember? We'll call you 496 for now. (I think the mods will allow you to change that to something easier to remember if you ask.)

And first timers to the CS are awarded with a complimentary beverage.

hot%2Bcocoa%2B2.jpg

Last edited:
Giz is feeling sooooo much better, he's acting just like his old self running around the house, trilling and begging to go outside. He's taken up his sleeping position on the bed and on bench at the foot of the bed when I retire for the evening.
I just let them all out, I can watch him and keep him from wandering, that way he can roll in the dirt and hang out on the warm concrete patio soakin' up the heat, right now he's laying on his favorite lawn chair soaking up the sun's rays.

Last edited:
He was doing fine till a minute ago where he decided it was time to try and jump the wall, he's back inside and pissed at me....... Poor little guy.

Giz is feeling sooooo much better, he's acting just like his old self running around the house, trilling and begging to go outside. He's taken up his sleeping position on the bed and on bench at the foot of the bed when I retire for the evening.
I just let them all out, I can watch him and keep him from wandering, that way he can roll in the dirt and hang out on the warm concrete patio soakin' up the heat, right now he's laying on his favorite lawn chair soaking up the sun's rays.

So good to hear. We'll keep him on the vigil list until we're sure he's out of the woods on this.

On this I don't know. I love the house, but we are at the point in our lives that we don't want stairs and so wish some of our elder or ailing loved ones didn't have stairs to deal with. Maybe for profit. Not to live in though.

15317923_681144722057430_5351090728012952489_n.jpg

Forum List

Back