USMB Coffee Shop IV

When you live in the middle of nowhere like I do you have to have a dish to get TV or internet. Nothing else is available. Like the Eagle say in their song "I guess every form of refuge has it's price!"

No doubt. But you do need an agile neighbor with a ladder to get up there to remedy your dilemma. We all eventually reach a certain age that we have no business doing that sort of thing ourselves.

We pay someone to do that stuff for us.

Yes, we do too, but I do have to get into my 'stern' mode now and then when Hombre is just itching to get up on the roof or whatever. He was a 30-year all lines insurance adjuster and a lot of that required getting up on top of a whole lot of things via ladder. But now he isn't in that good shape and is facing a hip replacement sooner or later--if that hip gave way while he was 10-15 feet up there. . . . .

When you reach a certain age you don't bounce nearly as well as you once did and you break a whole lot more easily.

Yes I had to do the meany mini drill sargent with mine also every once in a while.
I usually win the stare downs though. Mostly because its comical 5'2" vs 6' grizzly bear. :lmao:

Too dangerous to go up on the roof to get the snow out of my TV Dish. Roof is very steep and it is snow covered. Dish is attached to the chimney on the very top of this two story house. I'd let my ex-wife go up there right now to remove the snow but nobody I care about. Accident just waiting to happen...

15391110_1263141547062478_7206792366512749986_n.jpg

Well here it is just past midnight and I just got home. Spent an interesting afternoon--took Hombre's temp and it was high enough to alarm me plus he was having other scary symptoms, so I pitched a hissy fit to make him go to urgent care just before they closed today (Sunday) at 4 p.m. They took one look at him and called an ambulance to take him to the hospital. So we've been in E.R. until about a half hour ago where they ran every possible test, x-rays, Ct scan, the works and have pronounced him with a serious urinary track infection and he was admitted for more blood work, intravenous antibiotics, etc. I just got home--a white knuckle drive for me as I don't drive well at night these days. Will go back in the morning to find out if it is something they can probably kick in a couple of days or, if it has gotten into his bloodstream, more aggressive and longer term treatment will be necessary.

Word to the wise guys. UTI's are usually just annoyances for us gals, but they are a big deal for you. And they can turn serious really quick without treatment. So if you're running a fever and don't know why, do go to the doctor.
Consider Hombre, and yourself, added to my vigil list. My best good vibes coming your way, Foxy.

It is COLD! here, and expected to get colder. It's a "toasty" 1 degree warm. The goats and their Pyr are all shivering and I wish I could bring them inside, but no one is house broken and they get pushy. At least I know they'll all pile up together to stay warm.
My night to cook dinner and we'll be having Beef Stroganoff. My buddy's GF prefers less spicy food and I think this dish will fill the bill while still being tasty enough for the rest of us to enjoy.

Can you put sweaters on them or something? The goats I mean. Not your buddy and his G/F. :)
I used to put coats on them and they just pulled them off. There's no explanation that will convince them to keep them on. We have the heaters going full-time right now because it's down to -5.
PS: the stroganoff was a hit!

You and Hombre are in our prayers that it was caught quickly enough.
You get the best rest that you possibly can tonight GF
Talk to you later. :smiliehug:
I'm with you there in sprit because I know exactly what your going through.

Color me stupid, but...I am considering an offer I got. Someone read my CL ad in the valley (that is where they live...2.5 hours away) and offered us a room for 600 bucks per month in exchange for keeping their house safe in the bad neighborhood they are in. Um. Don't housesitters get paid to sit a house for 6 months? I never heard of a house sitter paying to sit a house for 6 months.

Meanwhile..I wish we had a blog feature here like some forums have. I don't wanna learn a new blog system. I could go to a competing board I haven't been to in forever and blog there...but...it ain't home like usmb is. Just like Los Angeles was not home and I came back. Ditto here.

I just ranted to the local paper. I have no clue if they will publish it or not, nor really care. Sure felt good though, to let it all hang out.

Color me stupid, but...I am considering an offer I got. Someone read my CL ad in the valley (that is where they live...2.5 hours away) and offered us a room for 600 bucks per month in exchange for keeping their house safe in the bad neighborhood they are in. Um. Don't housesitters get paid to sit a house for 6 months? I never heard of a house sitter paying to sit a house for 6 months.

Something doesn't feel right about that, Gracie..

Tell me about it. And stupid me sent her our social security numbers, birthdates, references, address. We applied for the room, yes. But then she sprung it on us that she and her husband will be leaving in March for 6 months and that is why they are looking for housemates they can trust. After checking our references, they were all eager to get us there. But...although I like the idea of them being gone 6 months and we have the house to ourselves...does this mean when they get back they won't need us any more and give us notice???

I dunno. I think my brain is slowly dying along with my waistline. I'm doing some really stupid shit.

And the inlaws. They are now dead to us, figuratively speaking. We did a lot for them. I have given them many things, just because I love them. I booted out roomies twice, because they had no place to go. Now, we need them and they said they did not want us living with them or they live with us even after I found that place in Az that would fit us all...because we refuse to pay for their grandson that is 30 years old and plays online games all day, smokes pot and refuses to work. I said "so you will leave us living in our car over your grandson that is healthy and could work if he wanted to but chooses to mooch off you AND us?" and they both said "yes". So....I said "I love you. But I am done with you" and when MrG said it too, to his brother personally, they said "fine" and that was that.

Just another hole in our backs. No problem. We have lots of bandaids. Seems we need them more than usual lately.

Much more has been going on...but...I refuse to bring everyone else down. Read my sig. It fits.

On the bright side....we got a lot done today and yesterday. Got the church's plants all watered (she gave us a key to the church bathroom in case we need to park there at night), and we got the grounds looking mighty nice at the vet hospital and he did a quick check on Karma..who is doing well. He lets us park there too, and use an extension cord if needed. Still in the RV, but last night was Human Night at the motel 6, so we got our showers, the laundry done, tv watched, two big beds to sprawl in. Mostly I am quite pleased with the vet hospital. That place looks awesome now, and it was perfect weather to do it!

And the inlaws. They are now dead to us, figuratively speaking. We did a lot for them. I have given them many things, just because I love them. I booted out roomies twice, because they had no place to go. Now, we need them and they said they did not want us living with them or they live with us even after I found that place in Az that would fit us all...because we refuse to pay for their grandson that is 30 years old and plays online games all day, smokes pot and refuses to work. I said "so you will leave us living in our car over your grandson that is healthy and could work if he wanted to but chooses to mooch off you AND us?" and they both said "yes". So....I said "I love you. But I am done with you" and when MrG said it too, to his brother personally, they said "fine" and that was that.

Just another hole in our backs. No problem. We have lots of bandaids. Seems we need them more than usual lately.

Much more has been going on...but...I refuse to bring everyone else down. Read my sig. It fits.

Awww Gracie, that is awful. I am sorry. :smiliehug:

It's kinda funny..sorta..that last night at the motel, I didn't sleep worth a damn even though I tried real hard and did enjoy my weekly All Over shower instead of a sponge bath and a hair wash in the garden hose like I do during the week. I missed this damn RV. Its cold. Its small. It is infested with ants that made the inside lined walls their home. But...I missed the curled up position I have to sleep in when in it due to the size of the bed I made for myself. That bed at the motel KILLS my back. Weird, no?

They want us to buy the damn thing for 10K. Um. No.

Note to anyone thinking about it:

DO NOT wash your hair/scalp from a garden hose in the winter at night. Really COLD water on your head HURTS. I mean PAIN hurts!! :lol:

Wait and do it during the day cuz the sun warms the hose which spurts out warm water.

Forum List

Back