USMB Coffee Shop IV

9cff5632ed3af219b579653035fad637.jpg

6207ee7f5b2ce89258f14cc30c7e8071.jpg

God only gives you what you can handle. Apparently God thinks I am a bad ass.

Six weeks of coughing have left me feeling like someone took a three foot pipe and hit me a few times on my sides and across my chest at the rib line. I got news for my ribs, the compost site closes December 15th and I have four trips to make. Suck it up.

Color me stupid, but...I am considering an offer I got. Someone read my CL ad in the valley (that is where they live...2.5 hours away) and offered us a room for 600 bucks per month in exchange for keeping their house safe in the bad neighborhood they are in. Um. Don't housesitters get paid to sit a house for 6 months? I never heard of a house sitter paying to sit a house for 6 months.

Best to be cautious Gracie. Doesn't sound like a great deal. But when you're homeless. . .tough decision.

God only gives you what you can handle. Apparently God thinks I am a bad ass.

I gave this a 'funny and agree' because it did make me smile even though I wish so much I could help make you well again, make Hombre well again, so many of our loved ones well again. And then there are those of our CS family who need a home, need a job, need resolution on difficult issues, etc. etc. So much misery but also good news and bright spots and good times, successes and achievements along the way. And amidst it all is hope for continued blessings or better times.

The CS is definitely a microcosm of the human condition.

Six weeks of coughing have left me feeling like someone took a three foot pipe and hit me a few times on my sides and across my chest at the rib line. I got news for my ribs, the compost site closes December 15th and I have four trips to make. Suck it up.

:( That is way too long.

We've all heard the phrase "Greatest thing since sliced bread!" I'm interested in knowing what the greatest thing was before sliced bread. Does anybody know?

I am not surprised. I'm just telling myself it isn't meant to be and beyond our understanding. In short, something else is meant to be...its just a road we must travel to finally find our true destination. Not fun, but since when is it supposed to be?

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Alaska?
When I chose Alaska, I had been offered a choice of Redstone Arsenal, AL, or some place around D.C. I had already spent a few years in Alexandria, VA and lived my youth in the Deep South, so neither appealed to me. As I trudged away, the clerk came after me and told me there was an opening in Alaska. What the hell, I thought, why not? Been here ever since...
One of my good HD tech friends from Reno HD is a blood Alaskan Eskimo, Boya is his name, and I gather that is a traditional Eskimo name. He's back up on Anchorage and we're keeping in close touch. He sends me pics all the time of him fishing and stuff and says I need to come up. It's on the punch list. My parents drove up to Alaska many moons ago and I've loved watching all the videos that Dad took. I have to do this, and I'll drive up too, or jump a ship from Seattle and have my Tahoe shipped up too, haven't decided.
007, if you get up this way, I'd be disappointed not to be permitted to buy you dinner! Sheila and Mr. S. were up here this spring past and I was privileged to take them on a nice drive and lunch in Talkeetna.
I would most definitely get in touch. I thought I had someone to go with me, of the female persuasion, but that's kinda gone sour, and I really would like a traveling companion primarily for the second set of eyes, have my back and keep me awake driving. I'll have to see how things shake out.

Going to get cold here too. We got record snow the other day for Dec. 4th but the ground was warm so much of it has melted already. Got a little snow this morning too and now the back side of the low is going to blow in that same cold air you're feeling down here, down into the low teens at night.

Grumpy this morning. We got a little over 6 inches of snow yesterday and our Dish is ice and snow packed so I can't watch the morning news on TV. To make things worse, I can't talk Mrs. BBD into climbing up on the roof and cleaning out the Dish. When I ask her to do it all she does is laugh at me. Going to be a long day...
I just had Dish turn my account off, and I had to send all their stuff back and pay $240 to get out of their contract a year early. I was really sick of it going out too. I already have Mediacom cable so had that TV turned back on and man, have they ever upgraded that. The main box is combined with TIVO now and has a zillion functions, and I get 3 additional small boxes so I have cable at all 4 tv's, and the small boxes are free for the first year and then $1.99 each a month after that. I also get a free landline phone. Didn't think I'd use that but bought a nice cordless phone with 2 handsets and a voice mail recorder and now that's all I use in the house. My bill is only $112 a month for internet, tv and phone.

Hope your dish melts off, man should go without tv.

Last edited:
Howdy 007! Hope all is well in your world. Glad to see you're still kicking about. Missed you, pal.
Heck ya, pard, life is good. Good to see you too, and I hope everything is fine!

Took a big patio door out of the front of the shop and put in a 3rd, smaller garage door, 6' x 6 1/2", and now I can back my John Deere in and when the snow flies, just open that new garage door and head straight out and start snow blowing.

Too dangerous to go up on the roof to get the snow out of my TV Dish. Roof is very steep and it is snow covered. Dish is attached to the chimney on the very top of this two story house. I'd let my ex-wife go up there right now to remove the snow but nobody I care about. Accident just waiting to happen...
I had my dish on top of a 5' high pipe next to the driveway. I could easily knock the snow off it. If you got a south eastern pointing unobstructed spot from the ground, call a youngster to move your dish.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back