USMB Coffee Shop IV

Back from the hospital on day three of Hombre's incarceration there. He is better, but because he is not as improved as he should be, I'm guessing they won't send him home tomorrow as he had hoped. We've certainly been apart now and then in the past but the house seems unusually empty. This too shall pass.

:smiliehug: Still prayers.

My new monitor showed up. I've gone from 22" to 27" and it is going to take some getting used to. :p Going to go try some games in a minute. :)
I use a 32" Samsung in the house on the ASUS, and a 37" Toshiba in the shop on the HP my son built for me. The Samsung is only a 720p monitor, but the Toshiba is a 1080p. They both double as TV's though on a second HDMI input. When I use my VIAO laptop with the 15.7" display, it seems woefully inadequate... :lol:

I have only got a mere 19 inch monitor, but I sit close to it so its big enough. I don't play games any more because my computer is not powerful enough to play Doom 4 and later games. That pissed me off because I had it built specially a couple of years ago but its already obsolete.

Back from the hospital on day three of Hombre's incarceration there. He is better, but because he is not as improved as he should be, I'm guessing they won't send him home tomorrow as he had hoped. We've certainly been apart now and then in the past but the house seems unusually empty. This too shall pass.

Prayers to you and Hombre as well. :)

I have only got a mere 19 inch monitor, but I sit close to it so its big enough. I don't play games any more because my computer is not powerful enough to play Doom 4 and later games. That pissed me off because I had it built specially a couple of years ago but its already obsolete.
Have you seen the new 4K X-Boxes, Dajjal? I'm not a gamer but I still think that's got to be pretty cool.

I'm really debating if I should buy a new 4K TV. I see there's some really hot deals around for Christmas.

Have you seen the new 4K X-Boxes, Dajjal? I'm not a gamer but I still think that's got to be pretty cool.

I'm really debating if I should buy a new 4K TV. I see there's some really hot deals around for Christmas.

I have never known if I should get a console or not as its so different from playing with a computer mouse and keyboard. I have a 32 inch 3D TV which I could play games on if I got an X box but I am not sure if they are better than a playstation.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I have never known if I should get a console or not as its so different from playing with a computer mouse and keyboard. I have a 32 inch 3D TV which I could play games on if I got an X box but I am not sure if they are better than a playstation.
I've had both an Xbox and a PlayStation. I played them for awhile but I'll have to admit I wasn't very good at it. It required more practice than I had time to devote to it so I lost interest and sold them. Back in the day my son had an older game console that played all the old Mario games, and they were fun. I was pretty good at that, the karts and such.

Well It's now 5.20 AM in Britain, I still can't sleep and I have filled an hour with tweeting on twitter. Another half an hour and the days television starts up at 6 AM. There is a Charles Bronson action film on at six so I will have something to occupy my mind.

I quickly discovered that (for updated gaming) a computer's useful life span is roughly 3 years max to remain on the cutting edge, 6 years if you're not playing the latest and greatest. After that technology has so outstripped the build that you have to start from the ground up, upgrading is useless and often more expensive as some parts get more expensive due to scarcity.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo,
Hombre for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Sunset over Albuquerque tonight:
albuquerque-new-mexico-skyline-west-at-night-112913-georgann-micono.jpg

Well It's now 5.20 AM in Britain, I still can't sleep and I have filled an hour with tweeting on twitter. Another half an hour and the days television starts up at 6 AM. There is a Charles Bronson action film on at six so I will have something to occupy my mind.
"THEN CAME BRONSON?" I used to watch that show all the time.

Your TV programming isn't on all night?

Finally heard back from the guy in Benson az that has the apt we were speaking to....and are still waiting for the application to arrive to fill out. In the meantime, we have a date set to meet the folks in Bakersfield that want us to rent their room and housesit. Monday, we head east...back to whence we were originally from 30 years ago, look at the room, visit the folks and see if we all mesh, then home again the same day since it is only a 2.5 hour drive each way. The low income place I wanted some miles west of Bakersfield...well...that is what we preferred but it looks like we have to wait until she hears from her boss about karma because karma weighs more than 20 lbs. So that one might not work out. Bummer. But now we have three options....Bakersfield and pay rent and housesit, Benson az, or live in the cars and stay here. MrG is going to sell his truck and vet a van like mine...more room for him and I get my van back. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I just did a quick Google search on van/RV/tent heaters. MrG will need one cux he gets cold easier due to his blood thinner meds. I'm always sweating. We need two cars if we decide to stay here and stay homeless. He will stay warm, I can crack my windows in mine without him bitchinh about being cold.

There ARE safe van heaters! Who woulda thunk?

Finally heard back from the guy in Benson az that has the apt we were speaking to....and are still waiting for the application to arrive to fill out. In the meantime, we have a date set to meet the folks in Bakersfield that want us to rent their room and housesit. Monday, we head east...back to whence we were originally from 30 years ago, look at the room, visit the folks and see if we all mesh, then home again the same day since it is only a 2.5 hour drive each way. The low income place I wanted some miles west of Bakersfield...well...that is what we preferred but it looks like we have to wait until she hears from her boss about karma because karma weighs more than 20 lbs. So that one might not work out. Bummer. But now we have three options....Bakersfield and pay rent and housesit, Benson az, or live in the cars and stay here. MrG is going to sell his truck and vet a van like mine...more room for him and I get my van back. Decisions decisions.

Ya know something Gracie... I have a nice little home sitting on a little over an acre of land with a big two story, 3 bay shop. If I was to buy this in Reno where I was at before here, this place would easily be $275,000.00+, but I paid $79,500. That's Wisconsin. Maybe getting away from California might be an option for you. It's a lot cheaper, A LOT, to live in other parts of the country.

Just a thought...

See, the reason I want to stick to this county is because I have full coverage...meds, docs, ER, and my meds are paid too. Leaving this county...or the state..I have to start all over again. And MrG will lose the 134 bucks that medi-cal pays for him on his SS. Plus, the monetary benefits we would lose in other assistance we get. Leave this county...all that goes out the window..which makes us more poor financially than we already are. But living in this county is high in rent, too. See our dilemma now? Always a catch 22 thing going on. If only we could find a room to rent here, we could survive. Barely, but still do it. Problem is...nobody will rent to two old fogies and an old dog. Even with superb references, good credit. Dump the spouse, dump the dog...no problem. But I ain't dumping them and they aren't dumping me...hence the irritation I exhibit from time to time.

Therefore on to plan jkl....and when those pan out plans mno. And on and on until something finally breaks and we get a place. If ever. Still...I have the van. Things could be worse if I didn't have that.

See, the reason I want to stick to this county is because I have full coverage...meds, docs, ER, and my meds are paid too. Leaving this county...or the state..I have to start all over again. And MrG will lose the 134 bucks that medi-cal pays for him on his SS. Plus, the monetary benefits we would lose in other assistance we get. Leave this county...all that goes out the window..which makes us more poor financially than we already are. But living in this county is high in rent, too. See our dilemma now? Always a catch 22 thing going on. If only we could find a room to rent here, we could survive. Barely, but still do it. Problem is...nobody will rent to two old fogies and an old dog. Even with superb references, good credit. Dump the spouse, dump the dog...no problem. But I ain't dumping them and they aren't dumping me...hence the irritation I exhibit from time to time.

Therefore on to plan jkl....and when those pan out plans mno. And on and on until something finally breaks and we get a place. If ever. Still...I have the van. Things could be worse if I didn't have that.

Wisconsin has a thing called Badgercare, and it covers medical for anyone that has an income below a certain point, or none at all, and we have subsidized housing where you pay a small percentage of your income, whatever your income may be, I think it's 17%. You could probably both get SS up here too if you're old enough, and you could live warm and dry on that and not go hungry and have a little cash left over to do something for fun.

I'm just throwing ideas out there... Cal isn't the only place that has assistance for people.

If I were younger and saved up more, 007, I would have done that. Being married to a mule head didn't help. I told him years ago I needed help in adding to our savings for our retirement. He woulndt listen, and now most of it is gone.

Forum List

Back