USMB Coffee Shop IV

9cff5632ed3af219b579653035fad637.jpg

6207ee7f5b2ce89258f14cc30c7e8071.jpg

God only gives you what you can handle. Apparently God thinks I am a bad ass.
May all the lights at the end of our collective tunnels be technicolor dreamcoats.........
Most likely just the headlights of a freight train, though!

Warmer today, 5-7 above 0 instead of minus temps. I've been busy today because our end-of-semester pot luck is tomorrow. I am providing a spread of various cheeses and cheese dishes made with goat's milk. There's a paneer in the press which will be made into a pea-cheese curry, I made a couple dozen cheesecake mini-bites, and will be working on a salmon spread, a cranberry-walnut cheese log, and a horseradish cheese spread shortly. Right now, I have the first of two meatloaves in the oven, requested by my partner. As soon as a pause permits, I'll go get my laundry out of the dryer and make a quick run to the grocery to pick up some last minute supplies.

And the inlaws. They are now dead to us, figuratively speaking. We did a lot for them. I have given them many things, just because I love them. I booted out roomies twice, because they had no place to go. Now, we need them and they said they did not want us living with them or they live with us even after I found that place in Az that would fit us all...because we refuse to pay for their grandson that is 30 years old and plays online games all day, smokes pot and refuses to work. I said "so you will leave us living in our car over your grandson that is healthy and could work if he wanted to but chooses to mooch off you AND us?" and they both said "yes". So....I said "I love you. But I am done with you" and when MrG said it too, to his brother personally, they said "fine" and that was that.

Just another hole in our backs. No problem. We have lots of bandaids. Seems we need them more than usual lately.

Much more has been going on...but...I refuse to bring everyone else down. Read my sig. It fits.

I guess it's times like these you really know who your friends and real family are :(

Color me stupid, but...I am considering an offer I got. Someone read my CL ad in the valley (that is where they live...2.5 hours away) and offered us a room for 600 bucks per month in exchange for keeping their house safe in the bad neighborhood they are in. Um. Don't housesitters get paid to sit a house for 6 months? I never heard of a house sitter paying to sit a house for 6 months.

Something doesn't feel right about that, Gracie..

I would agree....kind of worrisome. Maybe google-earth the address to see if it even exists or how bad neighborhood is?

Color me stupid, but...I am considering an offer I got. Someone read my CL ad in the valley (that is where they live...2.5 hours away) and offered us a room for 600 bucks per month in exchange for keeping their house safe in the bad neighborhood they are in. Um. Don't housesitters get paid to sit a house for 6 months? I never heard of a house sitter paying to sit a house for 6 months.

I would agree....kind of worrisome. Maybe google-earth the address to see if it even exists or how bad neighborhood is?
Did that last night. Neighborhood looks pretty good except for all the little signs on the map showing how crime riddled it is. But like I said we might not have much of a choice. It was we continue to live in our car. Then we might just do that. If we can make it through the winter advice that I had the cataract surgery on doesn't get worse with black floaties that get bigger and bigger with each day.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Did that last night. Neighborhood looks pretty good except for all the little signs on the map showing how crime riddled it is. But like I said we might not have much of a choice. It was we continue to live in our car. Then we might just do that. If we can make it through the winter advice that I had the cataract surgery on doesn't get worse with black floaties that get bigger and bigger with each day.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

It could buy you time to find something better maybe? One of my friends "house sat" - essentially rented a room cheap from a family who was away in Arizona much of the year - from fall to spring. For her it was affordable compared to what rent and utilities would cost otherwise.

Warmer today, 5-7 above 0 instead of minus temps. I've been busy today because our end-of-semester pot luck is tomorrow. I am providing a spread of various cheeses and cheese dishes made with goat's milk. There's a paneer in the press which will be made into a pea-cheese curry, I made a couple dozen cheesecake mini-bites, and will be working on a salmon spread, a cranberry-walnut cheese log, and a horseradish cheese spread shortly. Right now, I have the first of two meatloaves in the oven, requested by my partner. As soon as a pause permits, I'll go get my laundry out of the dryer and make a quick run to the grocery to pick up some last minute supplies.
I'll have some meatloaf please... :eusa_drool:

I was on facebook and saw one of the ads was for a door from Home Depot that is also a bookshelf. That looked nifty, so I clicked on it.....$1500! It's a door! :ack-1:

I'm not the kind of person who builds things, but I'd try to make one myself before I spend that much money on a door. :lol:

I'll have some meatloaf please... :eusa_drool:
I've got two styles, Eye-talian, and a beef-mushroom. Pick your poison.

Six weeks of coughing have left me feeling like someone took a three foot pipe and hit me a few times on my sides and across my chest at the rib line. I got news for my ribs, the compost site closes December 15th and I have four trips to make. Suck it up.

:( That is way too long.

Trip one is done!

It is still way too long to be sick.
Sorry to hear about Hombre, Foxy, I hope he feels better real soon.

Back from the hospital on day three of Hombre's incarceration there. He is better, but because he is not as improved as he should be, I'm guessing they won't send him home tomorrow as he had hoped. We've certainly been apart now and then in the past but the house seems unusually empty. This too shall pass.

Back from the hospital on day three of Hombre's incarceration there. He is better, but because he is not as improved as he should be, I'm guessing they won't send him home tomorrow as he had hoped. We've certainly been apart now and then in the past but the house seems unusually empty. This too shall pass.

That's good news not great yet, perhaps he has another hidden 2nd infection like my hubby had.
They cleared up the first one but in getting rid of it ,the other came out in the blood tests.
Still in prayers for hubby and you.

Its 4.20 am and I cant sleep. So I thought I might make some trouble on the Internet. I just tweeted Donald Trump telling him to increase the funding to NASA (that's not political is it?)
Now I am going to tweet the British artist David Hockney betting him that I know of a self portrait of Hieronymus Bosch. I have a theory that the tree man in Bosch's 'garden of earthly delights' in the hell panel, is a self portrait.
I bet it is because If I had painted that I would have used my own face. Either that or my fathers.

Forum List

Back